Stressing myself out

Starfish

Hi. I came over to Aus on a 3 month tourist visa, but after arriving me and my daughter (she's 8) wanted to stay. My mum, stepdad & 2 sisters have PR here, they have been here for 7 years now.

I went down to immigration and they were no help at all.

I can't apply for a residency visa because I p have turned 25, I can't apply for a work visa because I have a dependant.

Just wondered if anyone knows any thing that could help me?

Or should I just go back to the UK?

Thanks

I certainly wouldn't outstay the visa, otherwise you're screwed. Now that you know you like to live here, you could apply for a PR visa, like everyone else. I was quite surprised how quickly it can go. A radiographer had the decision in about 5 weeks from start to finish. Much better than before when you could end up waiting months if not years.

Bottom line is; do you have any skills?

Hi. I came over to Aus on a 3 month tourist visa, but after arriving me and my daughter (she's 8) wanted to stay. My mum, stepdad & 2 sisters have PR here, they have been here for 7 years now.

I can't apply for a residency visa because I p have turned 25, I can't apply for a work visa because I have a dependant.

Thanks

Your location is Perth, WA

You can apply visa 489 (4 years Temporary Visa) with dependent sponsor using your sisters and step-mother as they are already PR.

Check with Migration Agent (MIRA) for further information. I can recommend you mine, free consultation and I think she is the best migrations agent out of all I try (3-5 I went to seek consultations) so far.

Cheers

Unless you have a sponsorable skill/profession you are stuffed. Family cannot sponsor you to stay unless you also have the relevant trade, experience and / or qualifications.

Thanks

May I suggest that you run yoiur case past a registered migration agent?

I have no skills that I can work with out here.

I think I'll go back to the UK and apply that way.

I've applied for a migration officer but they wanted between $660-$900 just to book an appointment with them.

I can't afford that as well as their $3000 fees too.

Thanks for everyones help

Regardless of where you apply from you still need to be skilled... Unless you have no other family in the UK it seems doubtful a last remain relative visa would be an option either.

I've applied for a migration officer but they wanted between $660-$900 just to book an appointment with them.

Agent fees, is depend on type of visa you apply if they ask $3000, and asking price too for consultation.

NEVER EVER GO FOR IT~! They are just trying to make money on your situation.

Cheers, I reply your p.m.

Hope that can help you

Have a chat with George Lombard or Go Matilda. I believe they will give an initial assessment for free. But, from what you have posted I would not be hopeful of being eligible for a visa. Your best option may be to head back and try and gain the skills required to qualify for a visa.

If you do not qualify for a skilled migrant or other work based visa, then there are no options for you other than, perhaps the last remaining relative visa. The trouble with this is that it takes 15 years to be granted and even if you bridged from the tourist visa you would not have working rights.

If you do not qualify for a skilled migrant or other work based visa, then there are no options for you other than, perhaps the last remaining relative visa. The trouble with this is that it takes 15 years to be granted and even if you bridged from the tourist visa you would not have working rights.

It does have a long wait, but it should be possible to get the no work condition lifted on the grounds of financial hardship. It would mean the OP couldn't travel overseas for 15 years though.

I'm sorry to read your post that must be really tough with your mum out there and all. I hope someone comes up with a positive answer for you or that a migration agent on here will agree to speak to you. Best of luck and don't give up if it's your dream!

It does have a long wait, but it should be possible to get the no work condition lifted on the grounds of financial hardship. It would mean the OP couldn't travel overseas for 15 years though.

Might be possible to get it lifted, not should be. Actually we don't know if OP has any other relatives outside Australia yet anyway.

I thought if you could prove your dependency on a relative ie daughter to father you could apply?

Er, no. It's not as easy as that.

The UK has a social security system which means that no adult needs to be financially dependent on anyone else.

It would be different if she was a child - but she's not. She's 25 years old who currently lives 12000k away and independently of her family in Australia, so she can hardly be classed as being dependent on them.

I have a dad in the uk, who I don't talk to but he's still there. Thank you everyone for opinions. I am just going to go back to the UK and apply through that way.

So that rules out last remaining relative.

What are you going to apply for? I can't see any options for you, based on the information provided that is.

I have a dad in the uk, who I don't talk to but he's still there. Thank you everyone for opinions. I am just going to go back to the UK and apply through that way.

Best of luck Starfish. I hope it works out for you. You may find it helpful to undertake training that will let you do skilled work. That might help you migrate to Australia and would also probably make life more interesting for you if you stay in the UK.

Archived