The thread I always wanted to start!!!

Chall77

It's finally done and my visa came through over night! I am so stoked it is untrue. I just want to say a massive thank you to all the users of this website who have helped me with advise along the way because you have saved me a fortune in agent fees and stress and hassle.

If any one can tell me what I need to do next, I would be made up. I'm going to validate my visa tomorrow and then move permanently next year. The validation seems crazy that I can literally just turn up and then not return for 5 years so some clarification on that would be awesome.

Thanks again everyone and to those still waiting, be patient and keep at it. Your time will come!

Ahh well done Chall77 - I'm 'well jel' as they say in Essex!! That is great news for you. We are only starting visa process -- waiting for Vetassess back and IELTS back -- congratulations and hope things work out for you Carmel

Ahh well done Chall77 - I'm 'well jel' as they say in Essex!! That is great news for you. We are only starting visa process -- waiting for Vetassess back and IELTS back -- congratulations and hope things work out for you Carmel

Stick at it and if you need any pointers with IELTS, I'm a teacher and can send a writing guide to an e mail.

It's finally done and my visa came through over night! I am so stoked it is untrue. I just want to say a massive thank you to all the users of this website who have helped me with advise along the way because you have saved me a fortune in agent fees and stress and hassle.

If any one can tell me what I need to do next, I would be made up. I'm going to validate my visa tomorrow and then move permanently next year. The validation seems crazy that I can literally just turn up and then not return for 5 years so some clarification on that would be awesome.

Thanks again everyone and to those still waiting, be patient and keep at it. Your time will come!

Yes, it's true that once you activate you can move over any time during the five-year period. But I *believe* that if you then need to leave the country again, if you have not lived in Aus for at least 2 out of the previous 5 years it creates challenges trying to obtain an RRV when you are ready to come back into the country.

Thanks for the help again guys. I really didn't hand around and had a crazy Monday trying to get here but a week on, things are great. This has probably been the most spontaneous thing I have ever done and such fun. I'm struggling to make my little cousins that winter here is like summer in the UK though! I'm going to head home in a couple of weeks to sort things out in the UK and back permanently next year. Excited doesn't even come close!

Can anyone offer any advice on what I need to do now or things I could sort whilst here? I'm going to set up a bank account, driving license, TFN number but if there's anything else, I would very much appreciate advice. Secondly, will DIAC contact me I regards 6 month surveys that have to be taken?

Thanks in advance, Chall.

Congratulations Chall77! Every visa-grant post is an inspiration and a glimmer of hope. i still have a long way to go and noted, i'll be more patient. all the best on your next chapter!

Congratulations Chall77! Every visa-grant post is an inspiration and a glimmer of hope. i still have a long way to go and noted, i'll be more patient. all the best on your next chapter!

Be patient and hang in there! I reckon it took me 9 months although as I teacher I didn't need to go through Vetassess. Once that is done and your EOI is lodged, things start to happen pretty quickly. Good luck and all the best!

Dear OZpersuit,

I am in the persuit as well filed in my vetasses on 15th May 2013 , havent heard from them as yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. Have you got any idea as to how long does it take for the whole process to complete?

Regards,

Frizz.

Dear OZpersuit,

I am in the persuit as well filed in my vetasses on 15th May 2013 , havent heard from them as yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. Have you got any idea as to how long does it take for the whole process to complete?

Regards,

Frizz.

hi frizz,

if your documents were received 15 May, then you're on your 13th week already. if that's the date when you lodged it, then perhaps this is your last week waiting. i have a friend who applied for assessment almost the same week as you did and she already got her outcome. vetassess always say that it's between 10-12 weeks to complete the whole process. and as @Chall77 said, once you're past these bumps, it can go as quickly as it can. all the best to us!

hi frizz,

if your documents were received 15 May, then you're on your 13th week already. if that's the date when you lodged it, then perhaps this is your last week waiting. i have a friend who applied for assessment almost the same week as you did and she already got her outcome. vetassess always say that it's between 10-12 weeks to complete the whole process. and as @Chall77 said, once you're past these bumps, it can go as quickly as it can. all the best to us!

Yeah true,Keeping my fingers crossed, I was also wondering which field have you applied in SOL ? Mine is Hospital Administrator. Donno if its a preference or it has to go through a long list of additional checks. :)

Archived