Brits getting happier and happier

simmo

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/30/its-official-britain-getting-happier-and-less-anxious-3904057/

:biglaugh::biggrin:

People in the UK are increasingly satisfied with their lot in life.

In the month it was revealed the economy was finally showing signs of life, official figures revealed Britons were feeling happier and less anxious compared with the previous year.

There was also a minor increase in the proportion of people believing the things they do are worthwhile.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

After the struggles of the last few years, it's nice to see us Brits are starting to feel about the things, lets hope it continues for a long time.

Really?! No one i know particularly any happier than say last year! I'm relatively happy but i'm hard to please lol

did you ask them? My mates all seem to be happier than last year but i'll ask tomorrow just to make sure..

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My mum in laws cats uncles cousins twice removed, know a guy darn the pub, who said his family are happy, so it must be true, lol.

I think the mood is definitely changing, maybe other recent events have helped like the the birth of the royal baby and the good weather. But all of a sudden I've seen more for sale boards pop up around here (Bath, UK) and some are selling quickly, there's seems to be more confidence about the direction the economy is going.

did you ask them? My mates all seem to be happier than last year but i'll ask tomorrow just to make sure..

well i know, i know their situations, they tell me things, not everything maybe but i know when someone is ok or not... no one is particularly happier nor unhappier. Ups and downs throughout the year and life.

There was a bricklaying job in the Liverpool Echo the other day,thats a massive thing,believe me!

I think/hope things are picking up a bit to be fair to the OP,still millions having hard times,wage wise etc,but "in general" hopefully things are starting to turn,we'll see,i live in hope

Did anyone ask the respondents why they were happy? Maybe they were all planning to emigrate to Oz and the thought of a new life Down Under was responsible for their increased elation, lol :wink:

most probably the other way mate it was all expats who returned home to uk:wink:

Archived