Benefits of our climate.

Perthbum

Stunning scenery and greenery which is the envy of the world, fantastic place for growing your own veg and fruits, the climate has warmed so grape growing can be done as far as the midlands the north is still a bit to cold.

Guest scrumpy

The joy of guessing what the weather is gona do tomorrow or even in the afternoon or in the next hour or so

I am going to miss the weather here, and thats not sarcasm!!

Guest Ptp113
being able to wear summer and winter clothes.. I hated the humidity of Australia and never being able to dress up nice,

I doubt you have been to Australia as there's no humidity here.

I doubt you have been to Australia as there's no humidity here.

It's not often I agree with Flathead, but in this case this really is very funny. Especially for anyone living up in Queensland or the Northern Territory. Australia does extend further than the town you live in you know.

PB, agree that the weather in the UK is what makes the landscape the amazing green that it is. The fruit and veg thing depends on what you want to grow - great for things like apples, pears, turnips, carrots, onions and potatoes but not so great for citrus, bananas or mangos. Or even tomatoes unless you have a greenhouse. They would grow well outside this year but some years you would struggle to get them to ripen and if rains too much at the wrong time some things start to rot. Although problems with getting rain (or not getting rain) at the wrong time happen everywhere.

It's not often I agree with Flathead, but in this case this really is very funny. Especially for anyone living up in Queensland or the Northern Territory. Australia does extend further than the town you live in you know.

PB, agree that the weather in the UK is what makes the landscape the amazing green that it is. The fruit and veg thing depends on what you want to grow - great for things like apples, pears, turnips, carrots, onions and potatoes but not so great for citrus, bananas or mangos. Or even tomatoes unless you have a greenhouse. They would grow well outside this year but some years you would struggle to get them to ripen and if rains too much at the wrong time some things start to rot. Although problems with getting rain (or not getting rain) at the wrong time happen everywhere.

Manage to grow toms outside since I have back but I live in a micro climate area in Stratford as it is one of the highest points in England, the veg on the plot is growing massive this year and fir the cost if £10 a year is well worth renting.

Sprintman, have you never been to QLD in the Summer?! I miss UK Summer, fetes and fares, little dog shows, late evening sun which you just don't get here.

You do if you choose the right part of the country.:cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20293[/ATTACH]

Brisbane Ranges, near Geelong yesterday

ok its not the uk's lush green, but then it's pretty close, and it is winter and we can go out and experience it without wearing 20 layers of clothes.

its a sacrifice, but it's not a great one by any means.

That's how bare the UK was in places due to lack of rain before lasts years record rainfall summer, we had years of drought and it has a devastating effect in the landscape, rivers and lakes were in danger of drying up and the landscape just looked scorched....last years rain has thankfully brought it back its magnificent best but they are forecasting the next few years will see more droughts affecting the UK again which will be a shame.

I'ts funny how Britain has become so Great all of a sudden just because of a mini heatwave , most probs cant wait for the rain if the truth be known as they are not happy unless they have something to moan about.......I know for a fact it was only a matter of weeks ago you still had your fires and central heating on (those big ugly metal things hung in almost every room ) .......this heat( like an Australian winter ) is really playing on and effecting some minds :wacko:

I'ts funny how Britain has become so Great all of a sudden just because of a mini heatwave , most probs cant wait for the rain if the truth be known as they are not happy unless they have something to moan about.......I know for a fact it was only a matter of weeks ago you still had your fires and central heating on (those big ugly metal things hung in almost every room ) .......this heat( like an Australian winter ) is really playing on and effecting some minds :wacko:

Tony me mate.....this weather has been with us since may and it fairness it has been to bloody hot.....can't wait for the winter which I honestly love and get my new morso squirrel fired up.:cute:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH][h=4]Then your prayers have been answered :wink:

Tomorrow[/h]Jul 29[/TH]

[TH][h=4]Tuesday[/h]Jul 30[/TH]

[TH][h=4]Wednesday[/h]Jul 31[/TH]

[TH][h=4]Thursday[/h]Aug 1[/TH]

[TH][h=4]Friday[/h]Aug 2[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]39.gifShowers / Clear

[/TD]

[TD]11.gifShowers

[/TD]

[TD]9.gifSprinkles

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH]Hi:71°Lo:53°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:63°Lo:56°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:73°Lo:58°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:79°Lo:61°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:75°Lo:56[/TH]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

You can't fool me with a mini heat wave, in general the weather in the UK is crap and usually spoils day out. Once summer is over you can expect 7 months of cold miserable weather with the occasional nice day.

a few fluffy clouds but mostly a beaut day, 25 predicted today but we usually get a couple more than the predicted temp. Monday/tuesday afternoon showers (predicted) Thursday back to 30+:jiggy: yeahhhh babyyy

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Then your prayers have been answered :wink:

Tomorrow

Jul 29[/TH]

[TH]Tuesday

Jul 30[/TH]

[TH]Wednesday

Jul 31[/TH]

[TH]Thursday

Aug 1[/TH]

[TH]Friday

Aug 2[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]39.gifShowers / Clear[/TD]

[TD]11.gifShowers[/TD]

[TD]9.gifSprinkles[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH]Hi:71°Lo:53°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:63°Lo:56°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:73°Lo:58°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:79°Lo:61°[/TH]

[TH]Hi:75°Lo:56[/TH]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank god for that....have not enjoyed this humid heatwave mate........plus it will water my allotment.:cute:

You can't fool me with a mini heat wave, in general the weather in the UK is crap and usually spoils day out. Once summer is over you can expect 7 months of cold miserable weather with the occasional nice day.

Really? Not where I live......the last few years the heating has not gone on till mid November and off when April comes..more like 4 months

At least they got it correct this year.

Britain gets ready for driest May on record

BRITAIN is set for the driest May ever – with the country on course for a devastating drought.

By: Nathan RaoPublished: Tue, April 30, 2013

17Comments

The Thames source in Gloucestershire is dried out

Forecasters say parts of the UK are likely to see virtually no rain throughout the month and the parched spell could carry on into June.

There are fears of a repeat of last spring when *rivers and reservoirs ran dry and thousands were hit by hosepipe bans. After weeks of relatively low rainfall across the South the “scene is set” for a drought situation as the ground is already starting to dry out, say meteorologists.

Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: “Everything points to May being possibly the driest on record. High pressure will dominate, blocking any rain coming in from the Atlantic.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/395810/Britain-gets-ready-for-driest-May-on-record

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Pommy weather is a standing joke all round the world, and the main thing poms discuss.

Your right mate, it's all us poms talk about, as with this thread, some are obsessed about it, me ..... I can take it or leave it, lol.

Archived