How much do you love Perth?

Guest Guest26012

I loved the grafetti or shall we say street art....it's everywhere....bless the little buggers with their spray cans.....keeps them of the streets I suppose....some of it is quite good.

Perth bin ,earlswoood, same shirt get some new material earls , google can only get you so far empirical knowledge will show all. The peeps on here you're a Perth person of empirical knowledge I doubt it btw been in llama bar PB or earls Who. ???

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
I guess that depends on which state you live in? Here in Perth, which is the subject of the thread, the coast is not far away tbh!

Youv'e caught em out again gal, the so called Perth experts who have never been there, but they still have an opinion, opposite to everyone else's though, lol.

Thoroughly enjoyed my times (2) in Perth; first time, in 1963/4 Lake Mongrel (as we called it), was at the end of our street in West Leederville.

The 2nd time was in East Vic Park, right on the @#@$^%!^ Albany Hwy...

Imagine, if you will, I Kununurra 1971, 2 cars an hour at midnight going past our house and in E Vic Park, 113 vehicles in half an hour...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I have never been to Perth and like many plan on moving after graduation without a validation trip (as a family of 6 funds do not permit 2 lots of flights)

But it is nice reading this thread as I will spend the next 3 years reading people's views and opinions; good or bad.

What I think influences people's decisions is unrealistic expectations! We obviously cannot really imagine how we will feel until we get there but we do not have rose tinted glasses.

We have our hearts set on Carramar and the way we see it is, we do not have much material wise in the UK so at least in Oz we will be moving with the same but will have sunshine :) Anything else is a bonus and it is down to us both to work hard for anything we have over there. But what we leave with will be invaluable; each other, a lot of love and determination to make it work.....I do not like flying so once we are there that is it lol! Just my input :)

Guest Guest26012
I have never been to Perth and like many plan on moving after graduation without a validation trip (as a family of 6 funds do not permit 2 lots of flights)

But it is nice reading this thread as I will spend the next 3 years reading people's views and opinions; good or bad.

What I think influences people's decisions is unrealistic expectations! We obviously cannot really imagine how we will feel until we get there but we do not have rose tinted glasses.

We have our hearts set on Carramar and the way we see it is, we do not have much material wise in the UK so at least in Oz we will be moving with the same but will have sunshine :) Anything else is a bonus and it is down to us both to work hard for anything we have over there. But what we leave with will be invaluable; each other, a lot of love and determination to make it work.....I do not like flying so once we are there that is it lol! Just my input :)

Perth does get a fair bit of bad press tbh! What we have to remember is that lots of people love it but don't post on here lol! It's not utopia by a long chalk but were happy here so I can shout about it.

Guest Guest26012
Just sitting debating on what to have as my signature and love yours lol!

I just changed it this morning. The other one had my age and I'm getting a bit sensitive lol!

Guest Guest26012
So sad that even when Mad Cow posts a positive post about Perth overs still have to post negative views......Perth is a great City and loads to see..even a bit of history here wouldn't you believe.

Love Perth and always will!

I guess we have learnt to accept that? I just needed to praise Perth? We live here and so we are able to speak about it. I don't mind the doom and gloomers tbh. If it gets too bad ill ask the mods to close the thread. Thanks for your support.

I guess we have learnt to accept that? I just needed to praise Perth? We live here and so we are able to speak about it. I don't mind the doom and gloomers tbh. If it gets too bad ill ask the mods to close the thread. Thanks for your support.

You don't live in Peerth , somewhere better and will get better next year , for now on little Britain is sweet

Thoroughly enjoyed my times (2) in Perth; first time, in 1963/4 Lake Mongrel (as we called it), was at the end of our street in West Leederville.

The 2nd time was in East Vic Park, right on the @#@$^%!^ Albany Hwy...

Imagine, if you will, I Kununurra 1971, 2 cars an hour at midnight going past our house and in E Vic Park, 113 vehicles in half an hour...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

That's why we live outer burbs bob , it's not very quiet but the dog barks if the neighbour farts

Tight lines buddy

Lots of negative posts about Perth! But for those of us that live here,and are happy to stay here, can we have some positive posts for those coming here!

We love Perth! We love the laid back lifestyle, the weather, the beaches, the cafes, the parks, our friends, work, camping, food, bbqs.

Just a reminder of the OP and title of the thread 'how much do you love Perth'?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The views from Kings park of the Swan river and the city will live with me forever, they were breathtaking. Perth is a stunningly beautiful place, I loved it there and those of you who live there, sure are lucky ..... I hope you realise that, lol.

The impression I get from this forum is that if you're a young family; middle aged with kids; retiring; a tradie; and come from North England, Perth will seem like the bees knees to you.

However, if you're young; single; are a banker, accountant or lawyer; like to travel; and come from a big city like London, you will hate Perth.

The impression I get from this forum is that if you're a young family; middle aged with kids; retiring; a tradie; and come from North England, Perth will seem like the bees knees to you.

However, if you're young; single; are a banker, accountant or lawyer; like to travel; and come from a big city like London, you will hate Perth.

I'm young and single and love it!!

I'm a tradie with young children, rules your theory out .

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Why's that..?

It will give us all thinking of moving to Perth, the chance to avoid this hell hole you live in.

Really interested as well.

I'm mid 30's, in IT, no kids, from near London and love to travel.

I love Perth.

Go figure.

Guest The Pom Queen
Why's that..?

Don't tell me you are another who slates Perth but has never lived there? :wink:

Archived