Decided to come back on

VERYSTORMY

Guest Ptp113
If I was a mod on here I would make it my duty to read all leaving threads , so that foul play and bullying can be ruled out............sometimes its a cry for help ,so i never mock anyone that threatens to leave in case it send them over the edge..............

Name one that hasn't been self seeking aggrandisement?

If I was a mod on here I would make it my duty to read all leaving threads , so that foul play and bullying can be ruled out............sometimes its a cry for help ,so i never mock anyone that threatens to leave in case it send them over the edge..............

Plenty of other mods read them don't you worry. Mods don't all read every single thread posted on the entire forum, we simply don't have time. So we mix and match. Its called teamwork ;)

I checked VS's leaving thread. Posted while I was away. Hence me not knowing a thing about them leaving. No biggie.

Plenty of other mods read them don't you worry. Mods don't all read every single thread posted on the entire forum, we simply don't have time. So we mix and match. Its called teamwork ;)

I checked VS's leaving thread. Posted while I was away. Hence me not knowing a thing about them leaving. No biggie.

Keep up the good teamwork then , as long as someone is watching out for "leaving Threads " that's ok .....

Guest Guest26012
Keep up the good teamwork then , as long as someone is watching out for "leaving Threads " that's ok .....

As I said, you're a good guy! Not wise to be flippant when someone leaves? Or if their posts are out of their usual scope! Well said!

Guest Guest26012

Thats good to know snifter! I know personally that you don't get the time. I often think there should be a follow up for people leaving the forum. Especially long term members. It's hard to discuss stuff online and I'm not saying that that's your role,it shouldn't be. Having been through it myself it's not an easy thing to do? I'll contact Kate at a layer date! Keep up the good work.

Guest Guest26012
I decided i missed you all far too much - that and a lot of quiet time at work at the moment!

We don't always see eye to eye VS but I would miss your posts so glad you're here!

They are. And if they get reported then whoever is around will take a look to see if all is ok in the thread. Myself included.

Thankfully there aren't that many leaving threads to read, but as the moderating team we treat them as per the rules and as such there's always someone who will read it and move it to the necessary section.

For anyone interested (although i'm sure everyone has seen it) the rules governing leaving threads are:

Leaving announcements should be posted in the 'Feedback & Announcements' area of the forum. They are permitted at the discretion of the forum administrators on the proviso that the poster is an 'established' member of the PIO community (based on length of membership / posts made). Leaving threads must not violate our user guidelines. No negative or disrespectful remarks about other members, the staff or administrative decisions are permitted. Plain, respectful, farewell messages are the order of the day. Leaving threads will remain open for 48 hours to ensure members have ample time to leave goodbye messages.

N.B: If members choose to return, 'second' leaving threads will not be permitted.

Thats good to know snifter! I know personally that you don't get the time. I often think there should be a follow up for people leaving the forum. Especially long term members. It's hard to discuss stuff online and I'm not saying that that's your role,it shouldn't be. Having been through it myself it's not an easy thing to do? I'll contact Kate at a layer date! Keep up the good work.

I don't think Kate would have the time either - she gets hundreds of pm's a day from all the forums complaining about one thing or another.

Guest The Pom Queen

At the end of the day it isn't up to mods to ask why members are leaving this is up to admin, however, even admin isn't around all the time and a lot of people don't want to share their reasons for leaving, or it can be obvious just by reading their last posts on the forum. I am sure FB/Twitter etc don't contact you demanding to know why you want your account deleting

Archived