Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Guest loveaussies
Not sure how long this process takes, have you tried to ring them?

Not really...but agent says as I sent to Sydney, one of the busiest office....I have to wait..:arghh:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveaussies
ARRGGG! It is so frustrating isn't it? I would give them a call, no harm done! Mind you I have zero patience hehehe x

Yaaa me same............cant wait..............as i have to give my resignation..as well..:shocked:

It really doesn't help stress levels does it? Really hope you hear soon..... I feel the same about waiting for my AHPRA confirmation, I am like a donkey in the edge.

Hey,

Im due to leave the UK in 11 days and am heading to Perth. Currently waiting for AHPRA to process my application for registration.

Im aware I will need a police check / working with children check. How do I go about this? Do I need to contact my local police force or would my works CRB check be ok to use?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!! :-)

Thanks,

Carly:huh:

Guest loveaussies
Hey,

Im due to leave the UK in 11 days and am heading to Perth. Currently waiting for AHPRA to process my application for registration.

Im aware I will need a police check / working with children check. How do I go about this? Do I need to contact my local police force or would my works CRB check be ok to use?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!! :-)

Thanks,

Carly:huh:

Hi you need PCC I think...anyway you need it when you apply for PR

Now you got ten days to apply for police check in UK ....you can apply for police check in fast track mode

Please see bellow link for PCC

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Hi there guys,

I have used this site before and always got some pretty good advice. I now have my skills assessment from anmc and have now submitted my form for the 175 independent visa. I now have a few dilemnas:

+ I do not know how to attatch evidence to my application how do I do this? Also as they require certified copies of documents do I send this by post, or can I attatch it to the application somehow? Not sure how to do this

+ They also ask for an electronic passport photo, how do I obtain this.

Any help would be appreciated I am lost at the moment as to how to further my application

Thanksx

Hi there guys,

I have used this site before and always got some pretty good advice. I now have my skills assessment from anmc and have now submitted my form for the 175 independent visa. I now have a few dilemnas:

+ I do not know how to attatch evidence to my application how do I do this? Also as they require certified copies of documents do I send this by post, or can I attatch it to the application somehow? Not sure how to do this

+ They also ask for an electronic passport photo, how do I obtain this.

Any help would be appreciated I am lost at the moment as to how to further my application

Thanksx

Hi,

If you have lodged your application on-line you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a TRN number. You use this number to log into your application and then you can upload your documents to your application.

As long as the documents you are uploading have some colour on them you do not need them certifying. Only if they are black and White will you need them to be certified before you upload them.

Good luck :0) x

Guest Scotland18

Hi

My name is Erin & I'm hoping to be in Mackay, Queensland in february working at Mackay Base hospital as a psychiatric nurse. I will be leaving Scotland alone & was hoping there's people working there on this thread?

:)

Hi you need PCC I think...anyway you need it when you apply for PR

Now you got ten days to apply for police check in UK ....you can apply for police check in fast track mode

Please see bellow link for PCC

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Dont bother applying for a Uk police check, I did and they didnt even want to see it out here. They're only interested in an Aussie Police Certicate which you can get by taking the form to the Post Office...same with Working with Children Check.

Hi All,

I have a telephone interview this week for a nursing post - I no details of the positions they are interviewing me for and have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping some of you will have been through phone interviews for positions and could offer me a bit of advice on what sort of questions to be prepared for.

Many thanks in advance

Tracey:cute:

Guest cdchaplin

can someone help!!!

My passport expires july 2012. i am almost (hopefully) at the end of 176 application, just awaiting to get pcc back. I know i have to renew my passport which i intended to do this week BUT i'm just wondering how that will effect my aphra application as that is just in limbo at present and still await any news how that is going!!!

Just worried that there will be some kind of hassle when i come to prove my identity with aphra.!!! Will i have to have the new passport certified and send them copY???

Has anyone had to change passport during application???

collette xx:nah:

Hi all I'm Pauline and have just recently been offered a job at Westmeads Children's hospital Sydney, I've agreed to start work in March I am unsure how long the visa process may take is this possible or might it take longer than 5-6 months? Myself and my fella Lee are really excited and nervous about moving I've been rabbiting on about doing it for 10 years and finally pulled me finger out and got organised its seems very scary now as everything seems to be going very fast!

Great idea to meet other nurses in same boat!

P X

Hi Pauline,

Great that you have a job at Westmead. I am a paediatric nurse looking at Adelaide or Melbourne, but if not, it is Westmead Hospital that I am looking at. Don't want to go until January 2013 though. What type of ward will you be working on? I wondered if you could tell me what your interview was like, what they wanted to know, etc? Tracey

Hi all I'm Pauline and have just recently been offered a job at Westmeads Children's hospital Sydney, I've agreed to start work in March I am unsure how long the visa process may take is this possible or might it take longer than 5-6 months? Myself and my fella Lee are really excited and nervous about moving I've been rabbiting on about doing it for 10 years and finally pulled me finger out and got organised its seems very scary now as everything seems to be going very fast!

Great idea to meet other nurses in same boat!

P X

Hi Pandlee,

Have you applied via agent or direct with hospital as my wife is also a nurse and emailed nursing unit manager at Westmead but there is no reply. So just wanted to know how you have applied.

Mansawant

Hi guys I am uploading my documentation via the evisa site for the 175 visa, do you have to have documents like your birth certificate certified and then upload it to the computer? Seems a bit lengthy doing that. Or do I just photocopy my certificates and upload them without being certified? Also who can certify these if I do have to do this? Also how do you obtain an electronic passport photo?

Lizx

Guest cdchaplin

you just have to scan original documents in colour into computer then attach to evisa application. if they are photocopy then need to be certified.

collette x

Hi guys. My names ashley from glasgow. I'm young, single and seriously thinking about making a move to oz to work. I qualified in 2009 with my degree in psychiatric nursing. I have now nearly 2 years of working with addictions and social work regarding child protection cases behind me. I have no ties to stop me however the thought is naturally daunting. I've lived in perth, western oz for a few months back in 2009 and wasn't impressed. Beautiful place of course however i am a city chic and was told by backpackers whom i met in pubs in perth then i would like Melbourne better as it is more modern and cosmopolitan. Is this the case? Would love to hear from folk. Thanks

Hi all,

I'm Karen an intellectual disability nurse here in ireland, currently applying for 176 ss visa. I'm currently getting my skills assessed by ANMAC. Can anyone advise me on what i need to do to register with APHRA, i'm sure this questions been asked loads of times already, just getting googled eyes here on comp & seem to be going round in circles and finding out nothing!!! Any help greatly appreciated, Cheers,

karen

Guest heidi ho

Hey guys i am a scottish lass, living in republic of ireland for the last 7 years and heading to sunny perth in jan next year!!!! I have 19 years qualified experience, and will be working in theatres as a recovery nurse. Nervous wreck re- the big move with hubby and 3 young kiddies, ages 9,6 and 2. I am going on 457 sponsorship visa.

Archived