Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi, I sent it to the Adelaide office, and posted it on 17th October, and received letter on 8th February, had acknowledgeable email at end of October, and they didn't ask for further info. It was a breeze compared to others who have gone through the process. Hope yours is sorted out soon.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:arghh: How frustrating and emotinally challenging are AHPRA?

In a nutshell I submitted my application to AHPRA in April; in June the money was taken out of my account. On 24th August I received an email requesting further information from university (in depth transcripts etc). Paid £92 to university for said transcripts which have been sent and tracked to AHPRA by the university. This week I tried to email the person who requested the information but when i try to reply it defaults to another name. Ok so maybe the original person has left? The reason i need to contact AHPRA is to explain that my academic documents and the requested in depth transcript will be in a previous name, because i'm sure they won't be able to make the connection even though they have a copy of my marriage certificate. At the moment I'm trying to convince myself that if I pay the university another £92 and ask them to send again in my married name, it will satisfy AHPRA, but my emotions are constantly on a roller coaster. What's even more frustrating is I have the offer of a job but can't get the visa until I have my registration.

i realise that other nurses have had to go through similar experiences and applaud them for their commitment but I'm begining to wonder if it's all worth it.

Apologies for the rant

I was dealing with one woman who was actually quite helpful and then for no reason her email stopped working so i sent a query through the ahpra website to ask what was happening and if she had left as she was my link person. I got an email back a few days later from someone else saying she had picked up my file and would continue to process. cant remember the first womans name though. after it was picked up again i had my letter within about a week. just be persistant with them x

Sorry, a typing error, I meant that I posted on 17th October and received on 8th November, so not long at all

I read your first post and had a bit of a panic :arghh: as I have not long sent mine to the Adelaide office, so was incredibly relieved to see the above :biggrin:. Am hoping it won't take too long as I have been registered there before........we shall see

Guest soon2move

I'm new to the nurses thread so havent had chance to read all posts but have noticed a few asking about finding a job. Ive just seen an ad for Silver Chain Nursing - they're a community nursing company in Perth who are looking to sponsor Registered Nurses. Might be worth looking if you are interested - its under Job Opportunities section (i think from memory thats what its called).

Guest cdchaplin

my file was forwarded from anmac in august but got it all back to say solicitor that certified is not corret for aphra WTF!!! so got it all redone and sent off along with applying to uni for full transcript could i could see that being an issue. not heard a word until now nearly 4 month later!!! uni confirmed they had sent transcript off last week so though wouldgive it til end of this week before i really hassle them. LO and behold they assessed my file monday and i recieved an email to say they still require a full transcript!!!!! Hopefully its there now so i will contact them again tomorrow if still no word!!

Can't believe the nightmare with them considering i got a 176 pr visa done in 5 months!!! i have til march to sort them out lol!!!

collette x:arghh:

my file was forwarded from anmac in august but got it all back to say solicitor that certified is not corret for aphra WTF!!! so got it all redone and sent off along with applying to uni for full transcript could i could see that being an issue. not heard a word until now nearly 4 month later!!! uni confirmed they had sent transcript off last week so though wouldgive it til end of this week before i really hassle them. LO and behold they assessed my file monday and i recieved an email to say they still require a full transcript!!!!! Hopefully its there now so i will contact them again tomorrow if still no word!!

Can't believe the nightmare with them considering i got a 176 pr visa done in 5 months!!! i have til march to sort them out lol!!!

collette x:arghh:

Hi, I will need to ask ANMAC to forward my documents. I only had mine certified by a solicitor so I will need to get copies certified by a notary. Can I ask, did AHPRA accept the transcripts, IELTS trf and the verification of registration or have you had to request them to be sent again directly to AHPRA?

I'm just wondering is there any point in the ANMAC forwarding my documents if AHPRA won't accept them because they don't meet their certification 'criteria'.

Cheers

Guest moldec1999

Forgive my ignorance but just a bit confused!! I didn't apply to AMNAC for skills assessment just direct to AHPRA . Was I supposed to or is that just necessary for permanent visa types? I'm heading over on a 457 visa??

Forgive my ignorance but just a bit confused!! I didn't apply to AMNAC for skills assessment just direct to AHPRA . Was I supposed to or is that just necessary for permanent visa types? I'm heading over on a 457 visa??

Only need skills assessment if it is for a PR visa. Panic over lol ;0)

Hi You need to apply for your registration asap. Have a look at the website there is a huge backlog of applications.

On another note-- does anybody know how difficult it is to convert from a 457 employer sponsored visa to Permanent Residency and how long does it take etc, etc

Am starting work as midwife in Frankston, Melbourne on 9th January.

MKF

Hi there, I am waiting for AHPRA registration since July. I did not sit the EILTS test as I was informed that If my secondary and tertiary education was in English I would need a letter to confirm this. Which I have done. But I now know that this changed in September. My confusion is whetheter I need EILTS for my visa application. I got a job and they are just waiting for my registration. Also I am confused on whether to go with 457 or PR. Please help

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone is going to Aus on the 175 visa? I lodged my application at the end of August. Just wondering how long people have been waiting? I believe it is around 18 months? I am just trying to work out when I should apply to AHPRA for my nursing registration?

I have applied for a 175 visa in June. Diac are working really fast at the moment and many are receiving their visa after around 9 months!!!! DIAC are aiming to allocate all pre 1st July applicants case officers before the 31st December. So hopefully August will be allocated within the first couple of months of 2012. It depends how soon you want to be in oz after you have been granted your visa. I aim to be on oz 6 months after visa is granted so once I have received a case officer I will then apply to AHPRA

Okay, I sent off my APHRA application a couple of weeks ago. NMC sent a letter last week saying they had payment but not forms, the next day another letter from NMC saying they had send off everything to APHRA. Overnight I recieved an email from APHRA saying they had my application, were reviewing it and would let me know if anything further was required.

My question is - what happens now? How long is the wait likely to be? (I don't need to sit IELTS).

Many thanks

Tracey

Guest moldec1999

I had a similar email on 11 th Oct then one on 4 th Nov requesting more information which I send off , since then nothing :( have emailed twice but just getting standard reply application will be dealt with in due course!! Not holding my breath :mad::mad:

Guest mandajay

Moldec...I feel your pain....iv just added more info on my APHRA thread!

Please Leepee dont tell me that i am going to have to do the IELTS, iv sent my confirmation of secondary and teriary education being done in English and i recieved an e-mail to say they have it!

I wish they would just pull it together and get on with it without being so bloody pernickety!

Keep me posted you guys x

Guest moldec1999

Just read ur other post that's just terrible I mean what are they at!!! Crying out for nurses we're told and this is what it takes to get registered!!! I'm qualified over 18 years and like u just went back 5 years as requested Jesus if I've to go back on everything I'll be retiring before registering. Seems like a lot of nonsense I mean surely if I'm fit to practice here then I'm eligible there??? It's enough to put you off going:(( I didn't sit English test either but sent confirmation of study in English ... They seem to keep moving the goal posts ! Keep at them though ... It had better be worth it!

Mol x

I have applied for a 175 visa in June. Diac are working really fast at the moment and many are receiving their visa after around 9 months!!!! DIAC are aiming to allocate all pre 1st July applicants case officers before the 31st December. So hopefully August will be allocated within the first couple of months of 2012. It depends how soon you want to be in oz after you have been granted your visa. I aim to be on oz 6 months after visa is granted so once I have received a case officer I will then apply to AHPRA

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Well fingers crossed..that sounds more positive than the 18 months quoted on the site. Will be interesting to hear from you when you get a case officer.

X

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Well fingers crossed..that sounds more positive than the 18 months quoted on the site. Will be interesting to hear from you when you get a case officer.

X

There is a thread called new cat 4 July 1st 2011, That I follow. It is mainly aimed at applicants who lodged prior to July but if you have a look it has some very useful information and gives you an idea of how quick the DIAC are working at x

I had a similar email on 11 th Oct then one on 4 th Nov requesting more information which I send off , since then nothing :( have emailed twice but just getting standard reply application will be dealt with in due course!! Not holding my breath :mad::mad:

What extra info did they ask for? (Just so I can be ready...)

Guest mandajay

jtrd..

Its impossible to say what they may ask for as there seems to be no reason for their ridiculous requests!

Iv sent in my apllication details of every job iv had in the last 15 years... plus my original nursing transcripts...this was outlined in aphras document checklist...

So your guess is as good as mine why they have requested my FULL curiculum and a new cv with full employment history!

Might be worth writing down and getting certified every coulr of socks you have ever owned...

I hear you laugh but with these numptys you never know!

mand x

Guest moldec1999

Hi jtrd, mans is right they can ask for anything. ! It seems to me like the have a black and white approach to the application process, eg I sent my cv and job description and reference from past employers as well as transcript from nurse training and post graduate training a letter from my secondary school proving I studied in English and they emailed requesting a letter from my nursing school stating I was examined in English! The fact that we don't teach another language here while nursing and all documents etc in English you would think that was enough but there doesn't seem to be room for judgement and if it says they need a letter stating the above then that's only what they'll take. It's just frustrating because they've come back again looking for something I sent with original application!!! So twice more I've had to pay to get documents and three times I've had to pay to get couriered over. You would think when they requested additional info that they has read through application seen what was missing the first time around!! In their defence these items were missing but the application form is vague at best and they ask u to go back 5 years but realistically they're looking for everything!!

Anyway rant over I've been appointed case officer , they finally have everything ( I think) so its just a waiting game!!!!

So sorry to hear that you are all having problems with AHPRA. Which office have you all sent to? I was expecting the same problems after reading the posts on here, but sent it to Adelaide office and had letter of eligibility within 3 weeks, they were so fast, I couldn't have wished for a better service. I really hope you all get your letters soon.

Tracey

Archived