Cold - so put heating on......

Del70

Guest Ptp113
Just poms?I have to listen to plenty of whinging about weather from aussie family and friends!:rolleyes:

They're poms, you're just confused.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403

It's funny how many folk who claim to not be bothered by the UK weather jump on any thread that dares to criticise the UK weather in order to defend it :D:rolleyes:

It's a beautiful 14deg in Scotland today! shirts off!! ;-) summer is here.

It's been pouring down here all day so far. Oh well, the plants needed some water, but shame they have to drown in it!

Guest chris955

Yeah its weird isnt it ? A lot of it is media driven unfortunately. When it used to rain in Brisbane I would get people say to me something like oh you must be used to this weather being English. It is strange but many expats dont help by telling anyone who will listen that it rains every day in the UK and crap like that.

Why do ozzies whinge about British weather? Don't get that?

Guest The Pom Queen
It is strange but many expats dont help by telling anyone who will listen that it rains every day in the UK and crap like that.

Oh I so know where you are coming from, especially when expats keep saying how crap the weather is in Brisbane and they don't even live there.

Guest chris955

I suppose if they had for instance lived there for say 12 years at least they would be qualified to comment. Personally I found the Brisbane climate pretty good generally but boy could it rain :) I have definitely realised I prefer a more mild climate though.

Oh I so know where you are coming from, especially when expats keep saying how crap the weather is in Brisbane and they don't even live there.

Think we just have to remember that nowhere is perfect, and just try to enjoy where we are at any given time.

My problem is that I don't like being cold here in the UK, and I didn't like being cold in Australia when we lived there either. But that's just me!

:biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen
I suppose if they had for instance lived there for say 12 years at least they would be qualified to comment. .

I think that gives 95% of the poms on here a right to discuss the UK weather then, as I was there longer than the 12 years, in fact probably a good 32 years of experience

Guest chris955

Indeed, when did I say otherwise ?

I think that gives 95% of the poms on here a right to discuss the UK weather then, as I was there longer than the 12 years, in fact probably a good 32 years of experience

Guest Guest 47403
It was cold here too until about 4 when the sun showed itself! I'm a cold person anyway can't stand a drop in temperature

You see even you southerners get it rough occasionally been warm most the day up ear, cloudy til 3 ish and the sun is still out now :cool:

Guest The Pom Queen
Indeed, when did I say otherwise ?

Stop being all defensive, no one said you had said otherwise, you stated "I suppose if they had for instance lived there for say 12 years at least they would be qualified to comment" and I agreed and said that means 95% of members would be qualified then

Guest guest74886
Must admit I'm dreading going back, I'm going to have to buy long pants a jumper and a jacket

I've already got an order in to a firm on ebay for long john thermals and vests

You see even you southerners get it rough occasionally been warm most the day up ear, cloudy til 3 ish and the sun is still out now :cool:

I was the only one complaining, I think I just feel the cold more than the average person! I'm a delicate thing :laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
Where abouts in the UK are you going Kate? Manchester?

Yes and up in the Dales. Haven't booked yet just waiting to see how things go. In fact I am not sure if the flights are out yet.

We loaded up the trailer with branches from lopped trees in Saturday. We set off to the tip in shorts and T shirts and the sky darkened. By the time we arrived we were unloading the trailer in a massive hail shower and IT HURT. Plus we were soaked to the skin and shivering. THIS IS OUR SUMMER for gods sake!!!!!

what happened to 'flaming June'?

We loaded up the trailer with branches from lopped trees in Saturday. We set off to the tip in shorts and T shirts and the sky darkened. By the time we arrived we were unloading the trailer in a massive hail shower and IT HURT. Plus we were soaked to the skin and shivering. THIS IS OUR SUMMER for gods sake!!!!!

what happened to 'flaming June'?

About the same flaming thing that happens each year :wink:

:biglaugh:

Archived