SHOCKED.......How bloody expensive!w

tinaisrar

ell im trying to get documents certified in order to send for skills assessment, ring the local court as saw on threads on here its cheaper...................They only want to charge me bloody £25 PER SIGNATURE. Now frantically trying to find a public notary who is cheaper...........Would have been £300 by a justice of the peace at the court. Shocked at how expensive that is i must say:arghh:

I rang around ... posh places charged the earth and per copy whilst a little solicitors in town charged me about 25 pounds (although it was a few years ago), their offices weren't as posh as the other place but they could write their names and that's all that mattered lol

I never actually got my documents certified after advice from a migration agent. I was advised that people from the UK were exempt. I had not problems with getting my visa unless things have changed in 15 months??

Think may have changed as on ANMAC site that deals with skills assessment is states who and what documents to be certified and the section is clearly under overseas qualified in England section...........So sadly i have to boo hoo lol. Lucky for u at the time hey :) xx

Yes finding solicitors cheaper, however as i need to senD documents to ANMAC and APHRA, .........aphra require them signed by public notary or justice of the peace only. So trying to save money in the long run :S, proving difficult lol............oh well back to the phones i go and see if i can be lucky and find a free one like you calGary :) or cheap as chips as u other guys.......Thankyou x

For our husband's evidence for skills assessment I got a local firm of lawyers to certify everything (200 pages) in a lever arch file for £50. Took him an hour to initial each page and to do a covering letter confirming who he was etc. It pays to shop around.

I have seen on here before that people have used the post office for getting documents certified, not sure of the cost but it might be worth looking into.

Sorry we must have been typing at the same time because I have just seen your message about who you can use to certify the documents, so obviously you can't use post office!

Edited by familyof4

I had my ex's passport done at the post office and it was returned as not acceptable as it's not recognised by Australia House. Maybe just the document that they were certifying and they would accept others but not worth the risk IMO

• 2 weeks later...
well all done.......cost me £80 by a public notary still expensive in my eyes but hey ho better than £300 what the courts were going to charge. All posted, so now a waiting game for a couple of months, happy days :)

Once you have your ANMAC approved and are ready to apply for APHRA you can ask |ANMAC to send your file to APHRA (they do this by courier once a week) I have jusst done it and was there overnight. Then you only need to send application fee, payment and a few pieces of proof not required for ANMAC :-)