this is what fits in a movecube

I think the knack is knowing how to pack well as well. If you don't have enough for one, Seven Seas can send over just boxes separately as well, either by air or sea. They gave us that option if we had a few boxes too many for the Cube.

The boxes the professionals use are different sizes but stack together seamlessly giving you a better fit. So 4 of their smaller boxes take the same space as one big one. Using lots of different sizes means you have a bit of a jigsaw to do.

I reckon our packers must have pracitised on tetris!

Guest scrumpy

So how much to shift that lot?? from where to where?

I will understand the Brit reserve if you dont want to say

Cheers

Good to know all this info...can any body share the costs roughly please..just for an idea as I'm only taking clothes and personal effects, etc. Planning to leave behind furniture ?

Thanks for any advise :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

FB_IMG_13736454146640763.jpg

following on the theme. here is my shipment ready to pack next week. it's a large cube and in it are 30 boxes all reasonable size, 3 bookshelves, 1 tallboy, 2 chest of drawers a double bed a single bed, 2 toy boxes and various mirrors and pictures. phew

FB_IMG_13736454146640763.jpg

Really useful - thanks! Away to book our one in the next few weeks so its great to see how much you can fit. I was abit worried about 'extra charges' in Oz though, so thanks for telling us the total price :)

• 4 weeks later...
Its £950 + $200ish Australian customs fee. The wardrobe isnt it, it, its all the boxes in front of that, there is a third row I didnt have enough stuff to fill

Hi Wolvesaussie

which company did you use for the move cube please?

Thanks Sam

the MoveCube is from seven seas worldwide. they bring the movecube so you load it and then they take it away.

our MoveCube is scheduled to arrive at Sydney around the 14th of August so fingers crossed with the customs guys over here. nice thing is to follow the container ship via the ais system, just google; ais <ship name> what brings up the web site http://www.marinetraffic.com so you can see where your MoveCube is about ;)

• 1 month later...

Just an update this arrived safe and well this week, after a bit of delay, the shipper forgot to give us any paperwork which delayed it a few weeks in the UK then when it arrived I couldnt get time off work to be in for the delivery. They held it here for 4 weeks without any storage charge then delivered when I could get the day off. Also the man helped us unload it which was nice of him and saved us heaps of time, we also got in a lot more than this practice pack because with walls to work with other stuff was squished in. havent opened all the boxes but everything appears to be to be in one piece no damage to report. Would recommend SevenSeas

• 4 weeks later...
Quick q if I may. Looking at the large cube myself. How long do they leave it with you to load in the Uk. Then un-load in Oz ????

You get about 4 hours the UK side. I think about the same in Aus though it could be less or more. Far easier to unload though.

You get about 4 hours the UK side. I think about the same in Aus though it could be less or more. Far easier to unload though.

Thanks. There was me thinking they left it with you a couple of days !!!. So you really have to be prepared, like the practice pictures in this thread ?

Still trying to figure out how a family of 4 will manage waiting for the washer, dryer, fridge, freezer. Unless we are in a holiday rental for the 10 weeks the cube takes ??:unsure:

Thanks. There was me thinking they left it with you a couple of days !!!. So you really have to be prepared, like the practice pictures in this thread ?

Still trying to figure out how a family of 4 will manage waiting for the washer, dryer, fridge, freezer. Unless we are in a holiday rental for the 10 weeks the cube takes ??:unsure:

You do have to be organised, yes. We managed it fine. The Movecube guy said he'd never seen anyone fit so much in. We made use of every available inch. Specifically ordered boxes in the same sizes to ensure they fitted well, measured out the furniture and mapped out the space.

As for at the other end, buy second hand or pick up on freecycle etc or use a laundromat for a few weeks? Plenty of people manage it. Most don't stay in a short term let longer than a few weeks.

Other way to go is to not ship that stuff and buy new at the other end. Or ship earlier from the UK and borrow from family/friends etc till you go.

FWIW, if you have a lot of personal effects, furniture and white goods, it isn't all going to fit into a large movecube. The only furniture we shipped was our KS bed, 2 sets of drawers, one flat packed wardrobe and a chair that we could dismantle to ship. Nothing else, not a TV, fridge, nothing white goods wise. We would never have had room.

Archived