Happy times

KIRK AND CO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chris955

One of my brothers is quite money orientated, its never bothered me that much, you cant take it with you. We are comfortable and our kids dont go without anything.

One of my brothers is quite money orientated, its never bothered me that much, you cant take it with you. We are comfortable and our kids dont go without anything.

I've found that sometimes its the people with the most money that are the least happy. One of the biggest examples i know is my grandad. I know a few others though. As long as im comfortable enough to pay the bills and have a little bit extra when im older then i'll be happy! Your right - cant take it with you

Guest chris955

Even on here I have noticed those that appear to be well off are the grumpiest most miserable on the forum LOL

I've found that sometimes its the people with the most money that are the least happy. One of the biggest examples i know is my grandad. I know a few others though. As long as im comfortable enough to pay the bills and have a little bit extra when im older then i'll be happy! Your right - cant take it with you

Guest Ptp113
Even on here I have noticed those that appear to be well off are the grumpiest most miserable on the forum LOL

How would you ascertain who was or wasn't 'well off'?

I think there are lots of people who aren't game enough to make the risky move without a good amount behind them. Fair play to them. I and many others though took the leap of faith without any in reserve and have prospered here. Tough call though and don't blame anyone for being cautious! Depends how much you value what you have to lose I suppose.

I hope I do not come across grumpy :happy_face_mummy_go

Guest Ptp113
Oh I didn't realise that. It's a shame. Everything happens for a reason though! Meant to stay in pommieland! X

What a god awful thought!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nationwide today say houses are still going up at a fast but sustainable pace ie not double figures as in the housing bubble (yet). Did anyone see how to get a council house last night ? no parking space so refused she cannot drive & no car :arghh: but I think off air they took it, anything for fame.

I told you so and for the ones who waited well done houses are going up £ to $ going up feel like a pig rolling in muck. Please do your best to knock me down but you know you can not beat a winner.:cool::cool::biglaugh:

This is excellent news indeed if you have a house and are planning to sell it and spend the money on something else. But if you are simply going to carry on living in a house, then the value of it is pretty immaterial.

This is excellent news indeed if you have a house and are planning to sell it and spend the money on something else. But if you are simply going to carry on living in a house, then the value of it is pretty immaterial.
does not hold true if you have investment properties

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't want to burst yer bubble mate because I know your really happy, but a word of caution, all these so called expert claims that house prices are going up, wages aren't going up with them, in fact they are going down, so how people are all of a sudden be able to afford more mortgage and buy a dearer house that's supposedly going up, I don't know. But any bit of good news of my house regaining some of its £50,000 it has lost in the recession, is welcome.

Nationwide today say houses are still going up at a fast but sustainable pace ie not double figures as in the housing bubble (yet). Did anyone see how to get a council house last night ? no parking space so refused she cannot drive & no car :arghh: but I think off air they took it, anything for fame.

Asking prices are going up, sale prices are not really rising so much. As someone else said, wages are not increasing so there is not going to be a material change in values for a while. I wouldnt be expecting to see much of a benefit for a while yet.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Asking prices are going up, sale prices are not really rising so much. As someone else said, wages are not increasing so there is not going to be a material change in values for a while. I wouldnt be expecting to see much of a benefit for a while yet.

Oh Crap, Kirky won't like that, lol.

yes the recession was partly to blame for that but by making us stay the recession has enabled us to have a very comfy life here. My wife has just gone on her 4 holiday abroad this year so if I am a loser then I will take that any day :wink:

Life aint bad is it.....:cute:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Life aint bad is it.....:cute:

I thought you were renting? This threads about house prices going up. Lol

Archived