Help! Which removal firm? You experiences, please!

Junie

People please I need help!! I am going around in circles. I have had quote after quote. I am limited to a very tight budget yet still do not know who to choose! Your comments would gratefully be received. The companies I have had quotes from are as follows:-

PSS

Anglo Pacific

Doree Bonner

John Mason

Fox

Hunts International

UTS Pearson

Coles

Move Corp

Atlantic International

:arghh:Junie, due to move in August to Brisbane!

You don't need 8 quotes, get 3 quotes and go with the cheapest.

There are good and bad stories of all the removers, I have never seen anything to suggest that there is any company to be avoided at all costs or any company that you really must go with.

We used Pickfords. Rep and packers were excellent, but....

Air freight items arrived same day as sea freight (£50 compensation) and £1500+ of damage.

Pickfords insurance quaote and need to list and value every item was ridiculous. Insure-Your-Move.com were excellent and very well priced

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glilly65

[h=2]Moving Home back to oz[/h]

I am moving back to OZ next month and am looking for some help, i have been quoted £2950.00 door to door for my container from a company and an extra 850.00 for my car but i have to pick it up from the port. They supply boxes also. Please can i have your opinion on this???

Would very much appreciate it. :biggrin:

Moving Home back to oz

I am moving back to OZ next month and am looking for some help, i have been quoted £2950.00 door to door for my container from a company and an extra 850.00 for my car but i have to pick it up from the port. They supply boxes also. Please can i have your opinion on this???

Would very much appreciate it. :biggrin:

Is this quote for a 20ft container? Do they do the packing? What company is this as I have not had a quote as cheap as that! Have you looked at the reviews for the company? Good luck with the move.

Guest glilly65

Hi Junie, it was for a 40ft, They have drivers on who assist for a bit of pub money but no packaging. basically no frills. my son went and saw them today and said they seem like a good croud. Not a huge company but very freindly and not at all pushy homeandcarmoves.org they actually have a small warehouse by illford. Hopefully all good. Thanks for the wishes. :)

Hi Junie, it was for a 40ft, They have drivers on who assist for a bit of pub money but no packaging. basically no frills. my son went and saw them today and said they seem like a good croud. Not a huge company but very freindly and not at all pushy homeandcarmoves.org they actually have a small warehouse by illford. Hopefully all good. Thanks for the wishes. :)

I heard of someone who had their Harley Davison motor bike professionally cleaned but it did not get through quarantine and had to be cleaned again. very expensive. At least, if you arrive without a car you should get a better deal with no trade in.

Make sure your move is insured. Insure-Your-Move are recommended.

If you value your possessions, especially those of sentimental value, do not cut corners if you can help it.

We got our first quote from Anglo Pacific for our two bed house and they are not cheap! They calculated 777cf for sole use of 20ft container and only £5499 :realmad:.

Anyway we contacted House and Car Moves and been quoted for Door to Door service £2150.00 inc., securing and straping. customs THC's delivery in 20ft container into mainland cairns address. Has anyone any experience about this one?

George

Hi George, this is something we may be looking into in the not so long future, I received a call from Anglo pacific in regards to them giving me a quote, but I said I would contact them closer to the time , however that price from them seems quite extreme I think I may pass on that one , there again paying the cheapest is sometimes in many trades the worst move, I think my search will continue, good luck with your move

Guest glilly65

We have used this company they have been very good for us, 40ft container 2 guys helped us load, and everything has now been completed just got fly home and wait next month now :)

We got our first quote from Anglo Pacific for our two bed house and they are not cheap! They calculated 777cf for sole use of 20ft container and only £5499 :realmad:.

Anyway we contacted House and Car Moves and been quoted for Door to Door service £2150.00 inc., securing and straping. customs THC's delivery in 20ft container into mainland cairns address. Has anyone any experience about this one?

George

I have PSS coming on the 10th June to quote. After reading this post I am going to contact homeandcarmoves.org. Further to the above, has anyone else used homeandcarmoves.org?

Thanks

​Tyrone

Guest glilly65

I was actually reffered to them from a freind in back home in OZ who used them in feb for a big move. i am sure they would not mind if i PM'd their email to you if yo uwanted.?

Yes, that would be great.

I have received an email from them today quoting;

"1x 20ft container. 1-2 bed house move

Price Door to Door

£2150.00

inc. , securing and straping. customs THC's delivery in to mainland sydney address.

Not included, Customs Duty this has to be paid at the port once the container

has arrived.

Alternativly we can arrange a 40ft container priced below: 3-4 bed house

40ft container

Door to Door

£3750.00

inc. , securing and straping. customs THC's delivery in to mainland sydney address.

Not included, Customs Duty this has to be paid at the port once the container

has arrived."

Regarding the customs duty. Does anyone know what this is based on or roughly how much this costs? We don't want to be hit with a huge unexpected charge when we receive our shipment!

Thanks

​Ty

Guest The Pom Queen
I have PSS coming on the 10th June to quote. After reading this post I am going to contact homeandcarmoves.org. Further to the above, has anyone else used homeandcarmoves.org? Thanks ​Tyrone

​to be honest I am rather concerned about this home and car moves as in all my years on the forum I have never heard of them and the only thing I can find on a google search is one member on here plugging them. I'm not saying they aren't genuine but personally I would look elsewhere.

ATM I agree Pom Queen.

The spelling mistakes in the email I received and the set pricing doesn't give me confidence. have also Googled them and nothing of any help. Even the address, when Googled through Google maps does not show an expected site for a freight forwarder - Regent Street??!!

I'll see what PSS quote me. I don't think we will even fill a 20ft and PSS advertise that they have a shared container options available. We wont be in any rush for our shipment.

Crown and John Mason will be next.

​Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen
ATM I agree Pom Queen.

The spelling mistakes in the email I received and the set pricing doesn't give me confidence. have also Googled them and nothing of any help. Even the address, when Googled through Google maps does not show an expected site for a freight forwarder - Regent Street??!!

I'll see what PSS quote me. I don't think we will even fill a 20ft and PSS advertise that they have a shared container options available. We wont be in any rush for our shipment.

Crown and John Mason will be next.

​Thanks

Just be warned whichever company you choose if you share a container and they give you a date, add a few more weeks on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just used Anglo Pacific, they were not cheap but then i didn't shop around.

They came and packed our stuff and arranged the insurance for all the bits.

So far service has been good, but our bits don't go onto a ship until the 18th of June and reach Perth port on the 22nd of July. Looks like we will be in Perth before our bits get delivered to us.

Does anyone know how long things usually take to get through Customs?

We used PSS in February this year. Their customer service was outstanding. We were kept fully informed at all times and the whole process was effortless on our part. The guys that packed up for us in the UK were extremely professional...as were those who unpacked for us in Sydney. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them....we moved the contents of a 4 bed house and nothing at all was damaged in anyway!

Hi, I've has PSS round this morning for a quote.

He mentioned something about the freezer that I wish to take. I can remember what he said about it. I think it was to ensure it does not have fcc. What it that and how do I find out?

Any help?

Thanks

Tyrone and Catherine

I had to do the same and my fridge and freezer are over 10 years old. I looked up the manufacturer online and asked contacted then by email. I gave them the model/ serial number. They were quick with a reply. Good luck.

Junie

Archived