How bad is the flight really?

Westbound

I haven't read the whole post so sorry if his has already been mentioned.

when I fly long haul I suffer from badly swollen ankles. The last time we flew to Sydney (last March) my ankles swelled so much that the skin was taught like a drum. I make sure I have loose fitting sandals as I have trouble getting my shoes back on. In ordinary life my ankles are fine, they only swell on these long haul flights.

Sorry dont rwally know but support stockings? Maybe?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short,your ankles can explode,so too can your head and ears,you can die of DVT,(or in my case, sleep deprivation and the sheer tediousness) ,suffer with jet lag for weeks,and thats forgetting queueing for hours on end,going through the scanner 4 times ffs!but its fine,honest!tara....

Regarding flight socks, I thought everyone uses them! I always wear them, otherwise I would really be anxious about getting a blood clot or worse. Also, I have infrequent palpitations, so a no-brainer for me really. Surely the socks are not exactly of the sexy kind but who cares!

I don't mind flying long haul, however the longest I've done is 10hrs to Cuba.

Ive heard so many people saying 'never again', I'm wondering how bad it can be :/

We unfortunately only have 2hrs in Dubai for our stop over.

I`ve done the flight over 20 times..can`t say its the greatest experience but,the planes and service these days are really good...so I normally refrain from booze...and take a sleeping pill...and then grin and bear it...

I`ve done the flight over 20 times..can`t say its the greatest experience but,the planes and service these days are really good...so I normally refrain from booze...and take a sleeping pill...and then grin and bear it...

I have flown long hauls (14 hours the longest) well over 20 times now, and have to say I really enjoy them, especially these days with the seatback on demand entertainment and the seats and service are getting better all the time. Most airports have plenty thing to look around so a 2 hour stop over is a doddle, the 4hr plus stops become a pain and I try to plan my trips to avoid these, but if not I will research what we can do to kill the time, and there will always be something to do.

Happy flying

@HappyHeart, Yes, yes they help indeed (but, as I said, they are not the sexy option). Only buy good quality ones though (they have to sit tight around your leg and ankles). They may not seem comfy in the first place but you'll be surprised how useful they are. I normally get swollen ankles and legs pretty quickly after a normal working day sitting behind my desk even though I'm still young (36 years of age) but I really don't regret using these beauties on the flights! My dad has to travel in the car a lot due to his job and he uses them every day for his trips.

Edited by marta