"educational qualifications" evidence - advice needed from anyone who has had their 189 granted

Red Hand

good morning 189 visa holders!!

quick question on what you have submitted to DIAC in relation to proving your degree is "at a comparable level to an Australian bachelors degree"?

has any just been able to submit degree certificate and transcript without having their degree "assessed" by an institute in Australia?

thanks!!

Do you mean separate to the skills assessment? As everyone needs their skills assessed.

hi blossom79,

yes separate to skills assessment. my degree is in a different occupation to my skills assessment, so isn't being "assessed" by my nominated skills assessment body,just wondering what evidence you need to submit for "educational qualifications" if they haven't been assessed under the skills assessment?

hi blossom79,

yes separate to skills assessment. my degree is in a different occupation to my skills assessment, so isn't being "assessed" by my nominated skills assessment body,just wondering what evidence you need to submit for "educational qualifications" if they haven't been assessed under the skills assessment?

Google CEP or ask a registered migration agent

good morning 189 visa holders!!

quick question on what you have submitted to DIAC in relation to proving your degree is "at a comparable level to an Australian bachelors degree"?

has any just been able to submit degree certificate and transcript without having their degree "assessed" by an institute in Australia?

thanks!!

I had the same situation where my experience was certified by ACS but not my Bachelors degree... Here are 2 of my past threads which might help...

[h=2]EOI Help - claiming education points![/h]http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/176643-eoi-help-claiming-education-points.html

[h=2]HOW TO: find if University course is relevant as per "Country Education Profiles -AEI - NOOSA"[/h]http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/177121-how-find-if-university-course-relevant-per-country-education-profiles-aei-noosa.html

do read them in full... Please pm if you need any additional information.

Hope this helps.

Cheerio

​kubby

I had the same situation where my experience was certified by ACS but not my Bachelors degree... Here are 2 of my past threads which might help...

EOI Help - claiming education points!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/176643-eoi-help-claiming-education-points.html

HOW TO: find if University course is relevant as per "Country Education Profiles -AEI - NOOSA"

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/177121-how-find-if-university-course-relevant-per-country-education-profiles-aei-noosa.html

do read them in full... Please pm if you need any additional information.

Hope this helps.

Cheerio

​kubby

kubby - thank you!! i will look into the information and links you provided.

glad tohear someone else was in the same situation and got a visa!! :) just out of interest did you claim the 15 points for your degree? what supporting evidence did you submit to DIAC with your visa application for this?

thanks again!!

kubby - thank you!! i will look into the information and links you provided.

glad tohear someone else was in the same situation and got a visa!! :) just out of interest did you claim the 15 points for your degree? what supporting evidence did you submit to DIAC with your visa application for this?

thanks again!!

Now worries mate... yes, I claimed 15 points for my bachelors.. I provide my University Degree and all 6 Semester mark sheets as a supporting evidence.

As you will see in my threads, you need to make sure that your university degree is relevant as per CEP profile.. you don't have to get your degree certified from any authority, in case its relevant under CEP.

Cheerio

Kubby

Now worries mate... yes, I claimed 15 points for my bachelors.. I provide my University Degree and all 6 Semester mark sheets as a supporting evidence.

As you will see in my threads, you need to make sure that your university degree is relevant as per CEP profile.. you don't have to get your degree certified from any authority, in case its relevant under CEP.

Cheerio

Kubby

Thanks kubby!! Great weight lifted off my mind!! Will check my degree out as per CEP.

Thank you very much!! :)

Thanks kubby!! Great weight lifted off my mind!! Will check my degree out as per CEP.

Thank you very much!! :)

You are welcome mate!

Please refer to http://pastebin.com/TVexSXyV (Information I got from my Agent)

Having degree certified from VETASSESS is beneficial but not mandatory.

"In instances where neither the relevant assessing authority nor VETASSESS has provided an opinion on an applicant’s qualifications, case officers must assess the qualification claims presented by the applicant. In such scenarios case officers should take into consideration any relevant information that is available to them, including information available on Country Education Profiles, advice from AEI - NOOSA and any other relevant evidence provided by the applicant."

Bottom line: If you don't get you degree accessed by VETASSESS then its upto the case officer's discretion. You need to find out if your University course is relevant as per "Country Education Profiles, advice from AEI - NOOSA".

Cheers,

​kubby