Our Full Update On Our Journey

Lynne2007

Hi, Well where do i start, first we had a few tears with inlaws knowing we were going and had some evenings out for meals as well as night before i left to fly they took us for a final meal which was just fantastic. The leaving party the week before i left to move to OZ was just the best, it was like sardines in a can in our house but all i can say about it was that i didnt care because all our friends who care turned up to see us and that was all that mattered. We had such a fantastic night which went on until about 5am but who cares as it was just the best and last proper time with our friends.

Well i left the UK for my new life and Dream on Saturday 15th December 2007 from London Heathrow, that was a very emotional day as my Tony took me to airport and my son Kyle came too and i had to say goodbye to them knowing i was going to have a month without them so was very tearful all the way but i got through it. I landed in Sunny Sydney on Sunday 16th via Malaysia Airlines stopping in Kwala Lumpa (Malaysia) half way, it was only for half an hour but good to get a leg stretch, we couldnt leave the airport but better than being sat on the plane all the way without getting off. Meal on plane was really nice and the flight was brill too, it was comfortable and staff were very friendly. When i landed at Sydney it was approx 8.30pm so got a taxi to take me to pick up my hired car, then when i got hired car i went to Linwood lodge in Artamon which i was booked in at and unpacked then went to bed to catch up on sleep, thankfully didn’t get jetlag which i think was due to the time of landing and going straight to bed to slept it off. Next day i was searching for rental property of which i managed to find a couple to view on Wednesday 19th December 07, one was in Carlingford and the other was Kellyville, i then managed to find the new car we wanted and purchased that which is a Holden Barina, it cost $18950.00, i managed to get them to knock $3000 off the price they originally wanted so was very pleased with that. I then had to get my new OZ driving licence before i could get car so did that straight away which is done in approx 30 mins and cost $142 for 5 years so lots better than UK as you get it same time and dont have to wait for it in the post.

I viewed 2 houses on wednesday 19th December of which 2nd one came out top trumps in Kellyville and just loved it, which is one we are in now. I went shopping for furniture that i knew we needed on the Thursday 20th December as i was due to move into house on friday 21st December so i managed to get sofa etc from Fantastic Furniture and got them to deliver on day i moved in and went to Clive Anthonys for the washer etc and other electricals of which they delivered on the day after i moved in and they installed everything too so was all sorted before xmas. I spoke to Tony and Kids everyday on the computer using Skype phone. I started my first shift with my new job on Thursday 27th December which was a night shift for a gentleman who is quadriplegic, when i finished in morning i rang my boss to tell her i really enjoyed it and it all went well and that if anymore shifts come up there i will do them, she said to me that i didn’t need to tell her how well it went as the gentlemans father was on the phone to my boss that morning before i rang her to say how much he loved me there and wanted me in there on a regular basis so i was just sooooooooooo over the moon. Thought to myself well see i must be doing something right as i had only done first shift with company and already i was getting praised. I then did another shift in a aged type residential care home on a sleepover from 3pm until 7am the next morning so basically you work from 3-9pm doing meds etc and then sleep from whenever you want to go to sleep but have to be up and things ready for 7am when day staff come on and i only did a couple of shifts there before they were ringing up asking for me personally as they and the residents were happy with me and i have been doing regular shifts in there too. The boss said i do a good job everytime i go and they always hope i am in there again so i just feel soooo happy. I have been working in some group homes too which here they call DADHC Homes which are basically similar to the network houses in the UK that i used to go to but here they are better and even they have said they liked me and will ask for me by name so all in all my job is going just fantastic.

I have met some really nice work mates but do really miss my favourite ones in the UK, and always will. Well next was i had xmas and new year on my own but on the 16th January i had day off work to pick Tony and kids up from the airport with was just the best day of my life, after not seeing them for a whole month i couldnt wait, only problem was here we had absolute sunny scorching days and the day they were due to arrive we started with thunder storms and has had rain days and storms ever since with only a few hot sunny days so Tony is to blame for bringing the horrible weather with him :arghh::biglaugh:.

Well i picked them up from the airport in our new car which they love, when we arrived home they just loved the house (woohoo i picked the right place) and until this day still say we have got a really nice area. Everyone we meet says we have moved into a really nice area. We picked Sam our dog up from quarantine on Saturday 9th Feb to bring him home after his 30 days in quarantine and he has settle here better than he did in UK and is loving his new home. We have met some fantastic friends who are our new best friends here called Sam & Chris (samozsoon from PIO), they have moved from the UK too and live about 1 hours drive away from us, we are going there on Saturday 16th Feb for a barbie and drinking session. We have got some really nice neighbours too of which i go round and vice versa to my next doors a lot now, we are going there on sunday 17th Feb for drinks and good time as she is inviting some of the other neighbours so we can get to know them more. This weekend is my first proper weekend off since Tony and kids arrived so we are making most of it and really looking forward to it. We have found our local swimming pool which has a wave pool in and is absolutely fantastic, we are going to get kids booked for swimming lessons too. We got them a waddle (Australians call them Noodles) each so they can go round the pool more on there own now so they are getting more confidence. I was doing handstands in the pool which i havent done them for years but by god it was sooooooooooo much fun.

We took kids to see Sydney Darling Harbour which Tony and kids really liked and are going to see Opera House another day as we didnt have loads of time that day as i was due to go on a night shift. We have took kids to local parks which are nice here and been to shops.

Kids started there new school on monday 11th Feb so been there 3 days and they absolutely love it, they have made loads of new friends there, i have put a photo in the gallery of them in there new school uniforms so you can see them. They went to a swimming Carnival with the school yesterday and absolutely loved that too. Kyle goes to camp with his class in about 10 weeks time for 5 days to an island called Milson Island and they will be doing absailing, canoing, rock climbing etc so he is sooooooooooooooo excited as he never been and done anything like that before. This school does more than the ones they been to in the UK. Good thing is they absolutely love it and the school is right behind our house so they walk there themselves now and they cant wait to go in a morning. We found a hairy spider in next doors garden too but dont know yet what kind it was but i know i pooped myself when i saw it :chatterbox: but neighbour killed it after we got photos as we didnt want to take the chance of it climbing in bed with us. Have put a photo of this is gallery too so hopefully someone may be able to tell us what type it is, it is a bit blurred but best we could get. Well all in all we absolutely love it here including kids and Tony and it feels like home so most definately going for permenant Residency and not going back to UK, this is our home and new life now and loving every single minute of it. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting on that golden ticket, it is just the best feeling ever and we don’t regret one single bit doing the big move.

Lynne, Tony, Kyle, Chloe & Sam (Dog) xxxxx

Lynne this was so good to read. You went through so many ups and downs along the way, so many Friday nights in chat sharing our stories and lots of virtual hugs to keep us all going. I am so very pleased that you, Tony and the kids are settling into your new lives. You sound so excited about everything - I hope that feeling never fades.

I know how you feel about being asked personally for at work - I was asked for through my teaching agency by a few schools and that's how I scored my contract, it feels so good and makes you think that what you do is all worth while.

Enjoy your weekend off and please keep posting lovely posts like this so that the others still in the UK can see what they have to look forward to.

Big hugs from us,

Felicity and Michael:wubclub:

Guest col&dee

Awww... I just loved reading your 'Story so far in Oz'. :yes:

Everything seems to be falling into place for you and you all seem so settled and happy already. :v_SPIN:

Well done to you all and keep enjoying your new life!!!:cool:

Hi Lynne, What a lovely post and sooo glad that you are happy and have all settled in well. It's good to feel appreciated and wanted in the work place isnt it!! Well Done and they are lucky to have you there

Good Luck and Be Very Happy

Kim & Familyxx

Guest afiyafifi

Hi Lynn , loved reading your post , am so glad your enjoying yourselfs and have setteled in , you take care and keep putting on these great posts ... karen

Guest leanneandmark

Hi lynne fantastic post, lovely read. You are so incredibly brave doing all that on your own!!:notworthy:.

you really do deserve you new life. you've obviously worked hard and made a fantastic impression.

Glad to hear the little ones are just as happy.

Well done to you all.

Guest dave&donna

Oh Lynne

I loved reading your update on your new life and if anybody deserves it then it's you hun after all your grit and determination to do it. And I cannot believe how brave you've been and got everything sorted when you were there in a strange place on your own I bet Tony and the kids are so proud of you..... Well done to you lady :notworthy: I don't think there's many people who could have done so well like you have - I don't think I could have done it.

Its so good to hear you sound so happy and settled you helped me loads when i asked for advice and I'm soooooooo chuffed for you.

Good things come to those who deserve it (maybe taken a bit longer than you'd have liked but you're there girl).

Hope all your days are happy.

Donna :wubclub:

Guest Ian&Lou

Lynne hun, it's so nwonderful to read how well you are getting on down under. If anyone ever deserved happiness in Oz it's you...you never gave up and I'm soooooooo happy it's all working out.

It sounds like you are having a wail of a time and the kids have settled in so well. They look adorable in their uniforms!

Keep us all updated with how you continue to get on.

mmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Lou

xxx

Guest koala12

Hi Lynne

Sounds like you're doing really well and settling down to life in Sydney - just goes to show perseverance does pay off and your story should be great inspiration to those struggling in UK thinking they'll never get here!!

Best wishes, Karen

Hi Lynne, Tony and family,

We are so glad to here that you guy's are having such a fantastic time. Thanks for the post, it has made me smile this morning, giving me confidenced in our decision to join you in OZ.

Can't wait...........roll on september!

April & Richard

What a wonderful post - just makes me want to get there even more!!

We're still undecided about where to go but Sydney is high up on our list. Is your rental expensive if you don't mind me asking?

Keep us posted about your new adventure!

It's only been a week or so since i lodged my application, but i wish they would hurry up!!!

What a wonderful post - just makes me want to get there even more!!

We're still undecided about where to go but Sydney is high up on our list. Is your rental expensive if you don't mind me asking?

Keep us posted about your new adventure!

It's only been a week or so since i lodged my application, but i wish they would hurry up!!!

Our rental is $380 per week for a 3 bedroom with humungous garden, seperate laundry room which you dont get in UK large dining area 3 good sized bedroom and a built in wardrobe to main bedroom, oh and air conditioning to lounge and main bedroom too. No i dont mind you asking at all just glad to be of help and good luck with your application :yes::jiggy::cute::v_SPIN:

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Lynn so glad everything is ok. It sounds like you have all settled really well. Have a greatweekend together and put a shrimp on the barbie for me....

Archived