One of the reasons why the UK is screwed.

zidden

the reality is these people are few and far between.....the media scour the country looking for these types.....she was prob approached by the media to discuss her story and her love of her kids and told it would be printed in a sympathetic way so she doesnt look bad.....she agrees and signs up....the paper then does an about turn and prints the story warts and all.....why.....because this will sell more papers than a happy ever after story of a mum and her love for her 11 kids.....we are all just a heard of sheep sucked in to the outrage of it all......you know its a joke.....if the OP does not think this goes on in Oz he lives in that land of the cuckoos where trees are made of chocolate and shaggy can be found cleaning up behind scooby in the local park......HELLO. have alook at the aboriginal population.

Not this government, the previous government or any future government come to that can stop this type of thing....there will always be uncontrolable breeding machines, that go through the male population like a dose of the sh#ts knocking out a dozen or so chavvies without a thought for who's going to pay for them.....just like there will always be people that get a job for life stacking shelves in Tesco's, and never have a day off sick.....we just choose to concentrate on the negatives......why.....because its outrageous and we just love to be outraged.....human nature.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest26110
I don't get the system they recently said a work for the dole program here was illegal. what's wrong with work for the dole ? no work no money think how many community projects they could run with army of unemployed. I had friends Did work for the dole in Australia nothing but praise for it gave them skills that got them a job.

You should of moved to Myanmar or China, you seem to like there ideology of slave labour, I wonder if you'd like it if the boot was on the other foot?

The way I see it is this country is always going to have unemployed people, and its always going to be split between people who want to work and people who don't, we need to stop concentrating on what someone is getting for nothing and if they are managing to live on what they get or not, you can guarantee that life for the unemployed is not as comfy as life for people with a decent job.

We should concentrate our efforts on getting the people who want to work in work and paid a proper wage without having to claim back their tax which allows big companies to line their pockets with more profit.

If someone doesn't want to work that's up to them, I'm not worried if they get some help to just scrape by, what concerns me more is the person who's not in work through no fault of their own and they're just getting by the same as the ones who don't want to work when they should be thriving and getting the opportunity to better themselves.

Pablo me and my friends did an IT degree at uni, I left to the UK as soon as I had finished mine but my friends stayed behind. As they had not worked while at school / uni (number one bit of advice to future child get a part time job while studying) they found it difficult to break into work. As part of the work for the dole scheme they both were placed with this charity whos job it was to collect Old desktop PCs from companies that has been donated. They then stripped them down and built the best machines they could from the available parts. The experience got them both jobs as IT technicians and a leg up into the world of work.

the reality is these people are few and far between.....the media scour the country looking for these types.....she was prob approached by the media to discuss her story and her love of her kids and told it would be printed in a sympathetic way so she doesnt look bad.....she agrees and signs up....the paper then does an about turn and prints the story warts and all.....why.....because this will sell more papers than a happy ever after story of a mum and her love for her 11 kids.....we are all just a heard of sheep sucked in to the outrage of it all......you know its a joke.....if the OP does not think this goes on in Oz he lives in that land of the cuckoos where trees are made of chocolate and shaggy can be found cleaning up behind scooby in the local park......HELLO. have alook at the aboriginal population.

Not this government, the previous government or any future government come to that can stop this type of thing....there will always be uncontrolable breeding machines, that go through the male population like a dose of the sh#ts knocking out a dozen or so chavvies without a thought for who's going to pay for them.....just like there will always be people that get a job for life stacking shelves in Tesco's, and never have a day off sick.....we just choose to concentrate on the negatives......why.....because its outrageous and we just love to be outraged.....human nature.

Rather discriminary comment is it not?

Breeding machine, its a pity more men did not restrain themselves or use contraception, it takes two to tango and both need to be responsible.

Dispite some of its citizen's excesses,along with the right wing media jumping all over it,to me shows a nation with heart. Hardly typical and every nation has such folk although thankfully full.

Just another attack on the under class by using the extreme to anger the population and in turn put the boot in the Welfare State.

I don't get the system they recently said a work for the dole program here was illegal. what's wrong with work for the dole ? no work no money think how many community projects they could run with army of unemployed. I had friends Did work for the dole in Australia nothing but praise for it gave them skills that got them a job.

Work for the dole gave paticipants few skills when it was turned out in UK in 80s. If anything took away paid employment and cost to operate.

The sort of work available at the time was generally low to no skills. There are always exceptions as there are to most things. I wonder if the Aussie example would have really presented too many different outcomes?

Andy I agree with you.When I was reading the link,I was thinking "If they stopped payment after 2 kids,I doubt very much they'd have anymore!"Pretty disgusting if you ask me!I think in Australia with single parents,don't they stop payments after the age of 8?My grandmother had 13 kids,yes all by the same father.My grandfather was the only one working,and they did'nt have benefits back then either.Stories like the one linked make my blood boil tbh!

It wouldn't be legal to stop payment unless taking the child under state control. That would be a return to the past which few government's would care to revisit.

To give a bit of perspective tho Zidden

A mate of mine who hadnt signed on since the 80's done so recently after splitting with his wife and kids over £ troubles.

He received £65 a week,altho he didnt have to pay council tax,he received £108 a month towards his interest only mortgage of £250.

The shortfall had to be made up by him out of his £65 a week,leaving him just about £120 to live on a month,thats the reality for the majority,there is scandalous cases like the one in your OP,but like i say,not the reality for the majority

Exactly Pablo. That is far more likely the case especially for single blokes. Such articles put into the minds of all too many folk that those on benefits are living some sort of high life. Fact being many survive rather than live.

GBP 65 a week.is that all? Hasn't changed much since the the 90s....

I personally think that child benefit should only be paid for the first two children and then any you have after that you are on your own, i would bet good money that however many dads there are involved with this old slapper none of them pay for the children, i may be wrong but sadly i doubt it. The fathers should be tracked down and forced to pay. I have an 18 year old son that i have never lived with although i have had good contact and i have just finished paying every week after 18 years, i am not after any praise for this as he is my responsibility not the responsibility of the tax payer. I wonder how much money the family have cost the country and will cost the country overall, probably well over a million as the oldest daughter has already started breeding.

She's only 36!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!! I must be old :(

This is why something needs to change as regards the money the DWP(or whoever it is)pay out for rented as opposed to the help my mate got towards his mortgage,£108 off £250 interest only mortgage is what,about40%?

Yet the rented allowance is so much more,i had another mate in a rented hse who had to sign on the last cpl of yrs,think he got about£400 a month towards his rent,somethings not right there,basically penalizing people for being mortgaged,plus the system is open top abuse from private landlords.

The system has long been open to abuse to private landlords and small hotels. I knew of cases in London going back 22+ years where fiddles were riff. For example the common one was to charge more on the claim for rent and if the owner was generous he may split the difference,if not then one could look on it as a fee to house an unemployed...someone on the breadline in those cases was only too happy to be housed than to complain.

People who know how to claim claim well. I was 21 and a student nurse, in a car accident and off sick for 3 months (should have been longer but I had to go back cos I had NO MONEY AT ALL). The government gave me absolutely nothing, because I wasn't officially job seeking nor was I disabled (although I was.....temporarily). I lost my house and everything I had, my clothes were totally tatty as I was already skint in the first place and thank God I could go and stay with my parents, otherwise I would have been on the streets.

It's not limited to the UK, not by any stretch of the imagination, UK NZ and Aus are all the same, but it does my head in!!:mad:

People who know how to claim claim well. I was 21 and a student nurse, in a car accident and off sick for 3 months (should have been longer but I had to go back cos I had NO MONEY AT ALL). The government gave me absolutely nothing, because I wasn't officially job seeking nor was I disabled (although I was.....temporarily). I lost my house and everything I had, my clothes were totally tatty as I was already skint in the first place and thank God I could go and stay with my parents, otherwise I would have been on the streets.

It's not limited to the UK, not by any stretch of the imagination, UK NZ and Aus are all the same, but it does my head in!!:mad:

I do agree. The average person in need unless it is fully explained what is available in the way of assistance goes without or at best under claims. Many years ago in London had a similar experience ignorance at the time of the system cost me dearly.

Guest scrumpy

Did any one see that bit on the news about COSTA advertising 8 jobs, pay was from min-wage all the way up to £10.10p (WOWEEEE)

Anyway for these 8 jobs, there were over 1700 aplications, I forget whereabouts it was but F,F sake!! Whats going on????

Agree+++

Did any one see that bit on the news about COSTA advertising 8 jobs, pay was from min-wage all the way up to £10.10p (WOWEEEE)

Anyway for these 8 jobs, there were over 1700 aplications, I forget whereabouts it was but F,F sake!! Whats going on????

Maybe the all wanted to be barristers?

Guest scrumpy
Maybe the all wanted to be barristers?

Im guessing there will be a load of very qualified LAW grads and masters trying to get a job instead on no job!!

Is that what you meant???

Archived