189 it's now a 10 week wait for CO

craigyboy

Hi all,

i am being told today by my agent, it's now a 10 week wait for a case officer. I paid my 2k on Christmas Eve and I have heard nothing!!!!! What's your opinion of the system. If you paid 2k to someone in the UK and got no reply for the best part of 10 weeks, I bet you would'nt be happy. Apologies in advance I guess I am really fed up with the migration process today. I have decided migration to Australia is like growing mushrooms/ you get kept in the dark and fed a lot of shite lol.

can anyone clarify the position!!!!!

A fair alternative would be for DIAC to take the fee when they allocate a CO, thy have had the use of some people's money for years without doing anything for it, which is wrong IMHO. That said, ten weeks is nothing really, it wouldn't have bothered me at all, it always took much longer than this until very, very recently.

At what point are the points canculated? MY OH is doing his practical assessement on 27.04.13 and he turns 40 at the end of august, when we will then lose 10 points! If we have not been assigned a CO by then but have been invited to apply for a visa do we lose the the 10 points?

I believe that everything is calculated and has to be correct at the time of Application.

A fair alternative would be for DIAC to take the fee when they allocate a CO, thy have had the use of some people's money for years without doing anything for it, which is wrong IMHO. That said, ten weeks is nothing really, it wouldn't have bothered me at all, it always took much longer than this until very, very recently.

Rupert, your correct. The old system was longer. It appears the new system will be going the same way. I wonder what the interest is on all those 2k's. I bet it adds up between positive currency fluctuations in the Aus Dollars and interest accumulated. Your system suggestion would be fairer.

To be totally honest, you are barely a couple of months into this process. Lots and lots (the majority) end up waiting a year or more for their various visa categories. You may not be getting too many replies because people are not feeling too sympathetic towards someone who has barely waited a month (recalling your previous posts) before starting to moan about the wait and lack of progress!

To be totally honest, you are barely a couple of months into this process. Lots and lots (the majority) end up waiting a year or more for their various visa categories. You may not be getting too many replies because people are not feeling too sympathetic towards someone who has barely waited a month (recalling your previous posts) before starting to moan about the wait and lack of progress!

That's really unfair: I wasn't looking for sympathy. I understand the process takes along time, but the new system claims to be faster. I have had 3 migration criteria changes and my occupation taken off the a state nomination adding a year then had to get bands 8 IELTS because i then turned 40. Spent another 8 months travelling the lengthy and breadth of the country. Forgive me for getting a little impatient.

Edited by craigyboy

That's really unfair: I wasn't looking for sympathy. I understand the process takes along time, but the new system claims to be faster. I have had 3 migration criteria changes and my occupation taken off the a state nomination adding a year then had to get bands 8 IELTS because i then turned 40. Spent another 8 months travelling the lengthy and breadth of the country. Forgive me for getting a little impatient.

Hon, I know where you have been because I remember we started around the same time. Perhaps if you put on a timeline, people would know what you have been through to get to this stage and how frustrating it is to get to each stage and then to find there is a backlog and yet another wait.

Hold in there, I am sure there are lots of peeps who read these posts, but perhaps just don't know what to say by way of comfort.

I still cannot believe that I had forgotten it was Pancake Day yesterday!!:twitcy:

If you received EOI than your points are locked in, no matter how long CO takes to process the paperwork.

It is at time of invitation.

EOI is Expression of Interest, points can change on EOI until a invitation is received.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to say, got my terms upside down, must go edit my first post.

Hon, I know where you have been because I remember we started around the same time. Perhaps if you put on a timeline, people would know what you have been through to get to this stage and how frustrating it is to get to each stage and then to find there is a backlog and yet another wait.

Hold in there, I am sure there are lots of peeps who read these posts, but perhaps just don't know what to say by way of comfort.

I still cannot believe that I had forgotten it was Pancake Day yesterday!!:twitcy:

candy girl how do you insert a timeline.

It is at time of invitation.

EOI is Expression of Interest, points can change on EOI until a invitation is received.

That is good news then, so a long as we have been invited by EOI to apply for a visa, the points are canculated then, even if we have not been assigned a CO and have not had medicals and police checks. Is that right?

That is good news then, so a long as we have been invited by EOI to apply for a visa, the points are canculated then, even if we have not been assigned a CO and have not had medicals and police checks. Is that right?

Yes, your points total on the day you receive your invite to apply is the total your application will be assessed on.

Hi all,

i am being told today by my agent, it's now a 10 week wait for a case officer. I paid my 2k on Christmas Eve and I have heard nothing!!!!! What's your opinion of the system. If you paid 2k to someone in the UK and got no reply for the best part of 10 weeks, I bet you would'nt be happy. Apologies in advance I guess I am really fed up with the migration process today. I have decided migration to Australia is like growing mushrooms/ you get kept in the dark and fed a lot of shite lol.

can anyone clarify the position!!!!!

We submitted 23 Jan and got our CO 12 Feb. Has your agent received an email to say the application has been received?

We submitted 23 Jan and got our CO 12 Feb. Has your agent received an email to say the application has been received?

The OP's visa application is for a subclass 189 which is subject to Category 4 priority group processing for which the CO allocation dates have been extended to 10 weeks. Evidently your visa subclass is a 489 subject to Category 3 priority group processing for which the CO allocation dates have remained at 5 weeks. This explains your short CO allocation timeline.

Jonny

The OP's visa application is for a subclass 189 which is subject to Category 4 priority group processing for which the CO allocation dates have been extended to 10 weeks. Evidently your visa subclass is a 489 subject to Category 3 priority group processing for which the CO allocation dates have remained at 5 weeks. This explains your short CO allocation timeline.

Jonny

Thanks for letting me know this Jonny - i didn't know! I thought i'd just got some luck for once! :)

Omg! I just reached the 5 week waiting mark for a CO and I've just checked the website to confirm the above - it's correct - it has just been increased to a 10 week wait. It said 7 weeks last week and it was 5 weeks originally. See the following: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

i think it's shocking. When you are waiting for your life to start and they keep moving the goal posts it's ridiculously frustrating. If I did that in my job I would get the sack! They clearly have the funding from all our fees to pay for the staff to process applications in a timely fashion This process is exhausting. I've been working on this for 6 months now and I feel perfectly justified in feeling put out, and if you can't discuss that in a forum like this there where else do you go where others understand? I completely agree with you Craigyboy!

Edited by vcosta