Preparing paperwork for school children

NPKA

Has anyone recently moved from uk/ire to perth wa with children of school age.

What paperwork should i prepare, ie baptism cert, 1st holy communion, confirmation cert, immunisation records, prev school reports???

As for the religious certs were did you obtain them?

Anything else?? Kids r 12 & 5 yrs old.

Has anyone recently moved from uk/ire to perth wa with children of school age.

What paperwork should i prepare, ie baptism cert, 1st holy communion, confirmation cert, immunisation records, prev school reports???

As for the religious certs were did you obtain them?

Anything else?? Kids r 12 & 5 yrs old.

If you are going to try and get a place at a private catholic school then those things will be important. As these schools are private even though you may be catholic they don't have to offer you a place. If you have to enrol in a state school all those things will not be needed

In a government school you will get away with vaccination record, visa status along with date of birth and evidence of your new permanent address. They don't usually bother about anything else

We didn't even need the vaccination record. Not sure if this is because my kids are Aussie citizens or if the school they go to just aren't bothered about it.

Never heard of people asking for baptismal records, even in church schools. I didn't think they would be allowed to do this.

I know Catholic schools here that do ask for that, especially if the school is popular and priority is given to Catholics.

We didn't even need the vaccination record. Not sure if this is because my kids are Aussie citizens or if the school they go to just aren't bothered about it.

Wow, I thought that was a national requirement. Probably an oversight and they would be in deep doo doo if something noxious lay infectious got out. I believe he standard protocol is to require unvaccinated children to be away from school in the event of one of the nasties like WC or measles getting out there. You do have to apply to have an unvaccinated child enrolled

Wouldn't that be discrimination? They receive government funding as well as being 'private' after all.

Catholic schools here certainly also accept non Catholics, but it does say in their guidelines that priority is given on a sliding scale, having that faith being one of them. I don't see how it is discrimination at all. My children are not Catholic and nor am I, but If I wished to enrol them in a school then I would understand that we would be at the bottom of the waiting list.

Wow, I thought that was a national requirement. Probably an oversight and they would be in deep doo doo if something noxious lay infectious got out. I believe he standard protocol is to require unvaccinated children to be away from school in the event of one of the nasties like WC or measles getting out there. You do have to apply to have an unvaccinated child enrolled

My kids are vaccinated. They have had every vaccine given to kids in the UK, I just don't remember being asked for any paper work to prove it when they started school here.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived