Obsession with tra portal

nancy and paul

Thanks :) You have helped me a lot, I now know what to expect. I tried to google the information,but didn`t have much luck. I have sent them an e-mail, stating that I got confirmation from UPS that they have delivered my mail on 9th of January, and I asked them about my TRA number. They replied me today, without mentioning TRA number, but they informed me that they have sent a letter to my address. Hope it won`t be long until I receive it. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). Your application and supporting documentation were received on 09/01/2013 by TRA and will be processed accordingly.

An acknowledgement letter has been sent to the address nominated on your application.

Applications are assessed in order of receipt and processing times may vary depending on the program.

Information on processing times and any current delays are available on the TRA website www.innovation.gov.au/tra. "

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad I have helped in some way, glad to.

Count the working days from the 9/01. You will get the confirmation letter very soon. We received ours within a few days. TRA are pretty good now with their turnaround times, so finger's crossed you will hear something soon.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear that :( As I read here on this forum, people managed to change unsuccessful to successful by sending additional documents, hope you will do the same :wubclub:. It is a money spinner-if you pay additional 300 $, and send a few more papers, then no problem, positive outcome. No, I am still waiting for my TRA number, didn`t even get the letter. :realmad:

hi

Just wondered if i could jump in on this as we seem to be playing that waiting game with the TRA,we recd a letter of acknowledgement on the 14/nov with a reciept number..is this the portal number and where and what do we check?? it did state in the letter that we would hear within 60 days but i am aware that it takes much longer.Im curious as to how we check our status if anyone could help...

hi

Just wondered if i could jump in on this as we seem to be playing that waiting game with the TRA,we recd a letter of acknowledgement on the 14/nov with a reciept number..is this the portal number and where and what do we check?? it did state in the letter that we would hear within 60 days but i am aware that it takes much longer.Im curious as to how we check our status if anyone could help...

you can google TRA online portal.The first result is the form where you are supposed to fill in the ref num that you got.then you should see your status.Alternativelly you can find it here https://extranet.deewr.gov.au/trades/Interface/Pages/Security/Logon.aspx .I think that you have to register yourself firstly so you can have a login and a password.Good luck with it ,that was quite soul consuming.Nevertheless if you follow the instructions you have nothing to fear.

Finally, I got the letter from TRA, it took them 4 weeks ! When my friend sends me something from Australia, it takes about one week. Never mind, now I`ve got the number :notworthy: and can be obsessed too. It`s too early, only 30 days have passed, so I`ll wait a bit longer. Nancy, do do have any news ? We might be in a same boat, the more time passes, I am less sure about the positive outcome. However, it comforts me that, in most cases, ( and I have read 65 pages on this topic ) re-sending additional documentation was enough to change the outcome to successful. I took the IAELTS exam 8 days ago, and they stated that starting February the 2nd, BC has introduced additional checking of results, whatever that means. Listening was awful, but the rest of the test was ok.

i still havent recevied a letter from the TRA stating "successful" as the portal said(23/01)...keep checking with my agent and she's said should take 30 days to get back to us before we can start the next stage of the process!! Really beginning to wish we hadnt bothered with them,i think by now my wife's become a bit of an expert !!

i still havent recevied a letter from the TRA stating "successful" as the portal said(23/01)...keep checking with my agent and she's said should take 30 days to get back to us before we can start the next stage of the process!! ...

Do you have an option to get this letter online trough their portal?

As you see, Jupiter also had to wait 4 weeks prior assessment for this kind of letter to be obtained!

Edited by kovisu
prior!

Summer 2011

ASSESSMENT OUTCOME LETTERS FROM THE INTERNET

TRA has completed the skills assessment application.

TRA provides an internet service to obtain outcome letters.

To use the internet service to obtain the outcome letter you must first register through the TRA website at www.deewr.gov.au/tra - use the menu on the right side to navigate to ‘Skills Assessment for ARTC’, then to ‘Online Application Tracking Portal’.

When registering for this service you will need to enter applicant details.

On portal is, next to outcome result, a link for opening the letter (nowdays, its not working).

+ Max 2 weeks for outcome letter to be received!

Seems today policy is to not provide this service anymore if its not offered, already.

We were never given the option of getting the letter through the portal. I think 30 days is excessive. If you are not happy with what the agent is telling you, would you consider speaking to TRA direct and explain that you have not received your outcome letter? We waited at most 10 days for the outcome letter. Your agent is correct in what they are saying, without the letter you cannot proceed to file an EOI as you will need the reference number to enter into online forms.

Finally, I got the letter from TRA, it took them 4 weeks ! When my friend sends me something from Australia, it takes about one week. Never mind, now I`ve got the number :notworthy: and can be obsessed too. It`s too early, only 30 days have passed, so I`ll wait a bit longer. Nancy, do do have any news ? We might be in a same boat, the more time passes, I am less sure about the positive outcome. However, it comforts me that, in most cases, ( and I have read 65 pages on this topic ) re-sending additional documentation was enough to change the outcome to successful. I took the IAELTS exam 8 days ago, and they stated that starting February the 2nd, BC has introduced additional checking of results, whatever that means. Listening was awful, but the rest of the test was ok.

Good Luck with the IELTS - let's hope another box ticked!!!

Thanks will ring the TRA first thing in the morning!!..the more we ring our agent the more i think we are gonna be pushed to the bottom of the pile!!....seem to find out more on here than our agency has ever disclosed!! wonder if thats because theyve had our money now??

Anyway good luck everyone else with the TRA..hopefully we'll hear something soon!!