Obsession with tra portal

nancy and paul

I don't understand Why rules are different from one to another.

in the guidelines says primary proof are wageslips or annual tax forms so why they requested both?

Also such a long time for an answear via email,makes me wonder if i should join a yoga class before deal with them:wink:.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand Why rules are different from one to another.

in the guidelines says primary proof are wageslips or annual tax forms so why they requested both?

Also such a long time for an answear via email,makes me wonder if i should join a yoga class before deal with them:wink:.

I'm not so sure if the rules are different or whether it just depends on who does your assessment and which side if the bed they got out of. Candygirl was told by the guy who did her OHs practical that TRA assessments are now done by kids fresh out of college with no actual industry experience and so you have to explain everything like you were telling a class of 5 year olds about what you do for a living. Also I think this means their interpretation of the guidelines can vary accordingly.

Edited by Gareth 666

I'm not so sure if the rules are different or whether it just depends on who does your assessment and which side if the bed they got out of. Candygirl was told by the guy who did her OHs practical that TRA assessments are now done by kids fresh out of college with no actual industry experience and so you have to explain everything like you were telling a class of 5 year olds about what you do for a living. Also I think this means their interpretation of the guidelines can vary accordingly.

I totally agree ! The worst thing of all is that you can`t find a pattern.

Edited by Jupiter19

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me were you get your work experience points after the assessment? I don't understand :huh: Thank you x

Hi, when you fill out your EOI there is a section for work in the last 10 years (maybe more). You put in the dates and there is a box to tick if it is work that is relevant to the occupation that you're applying for your visa under. The system calculates your points for experience from the dates you enter. You need to make sure you have the evidence to back up your claimed experience, certified copies of the work references and P60/payslip evidence that you sent to TRA will be enough. Just be aware that some visas have been declined for over-claiming in this area, double check everything as usual.

Also there is a service called Migration Points Advice (MPA) offered by TRA but I think the general opinion is that it's just a bit of a money making scheme, another $300. I think you only need this if DIAC request it from what I've read. I didn't bother with it and I wasn't asked for it.

Edit: just been made aware of the price hike and MPA is now either $600 or $1100 depending on your assessment route. I'm guessing that soon the MPA will be mandatory just to squeeze the last few drops of blood from the stones, or am I just becoming a bit cynical?

Edited by Gareth 666

Thank - you for the advice ")) We have just posted our TRA application off today :-0

Which Visa have you gained? did you apply for state sponsorship?

Kirsty x

Good luck! Your obsession with the portal will soon begin, first is the obsession with the post!

HELP ! I already payed the 300 $ for a review, they have sent me a paper with the price in March. I am sending the papers on Wednesday and there is no way I can pay additional 600 $. I will contact them, but do not know if I should pay the higher fee, because I have already payed 300 $ in April. What do you think ?

I would get in touch with them, either phone or e-mail. The fees went up from May 6th so if you've already lodged your appeal, paid and you are just gathering your paperwork to send then I think you should point this out. With any luck they'll use some sense for a change and not charge you any more. Surely even TRA can't put thier prices up without much notice and then try and come back to you for more cash afterwards.

The notice for the fee increase went on the web site on May 1st according to the date shown and the fees went up from the 6th. Thats 5 whole days notice. What if you had sent your assessment off on April 30th but due to the postal service they don't receive it until May 7th? Would they expect you to pay the higher fees?

Well, if it meant we would get a visa, I know we would pay it, but they are taking the Michael increasing it by so much:mad:

And that's the situation in a nutshell. You can't get your visa without a positive skills assessment and as TRA have a monopoly on certain trades (as do all the other assessing bodies) then you have no choice other than to go to them and pay whatever they decide is 'fair' this week.

I understand the visa fee being so high and all the hurdles that are put in the way are there to make sure only the really dedicated pursue the dream, but I detect a certain amount of profiteering from some quarters.

we had an unsuccessful TRA outcome which we got by letter on the 30th April, i was lucky enough to spot on theTRA website that the price was going up on the 6th May so on the 5th of may I paid $300 on the online payment portal. it said on the website that any bank draughts dated on 6th may and after must be at the new amount so figured the same goes for online payments. we spoke to someone at TRA on Monday 6th and although the girl didnt know the answers to any of our questions but she did say that payments made before the cut off day would be honored.

Such a massive price increase is just ridiculous and it wasnt very easy to spot the news of the change on the website so I reckon lots of people are going to have sent the wrong amount with their applications!

Nancy, GREAT NEWS ! I have just seen it now. So happy about it. We gathered all the papers we think we need, but I will try to communicate with TRA and my officer to check what do they really want. What kind of proof ? They stated that they are not certain that our diploma is valid, that is that the authority who issued it, is within the government system. In the meantime, I have finished a one year course and training at an Open University, and hope that they will accept at least that diploma and then give us a RPL status, and give a positive assessment at least that way.