Obsession with tra portal

nancy and paul

It is highly unprofessional for TRA not to allow us to check online for the status and outcome of our application. I remember that I have ticked the box where I chose to receive all communication via e-mail. I have sent an e-mail asking TRA to notify me via e-mail about my outcome, because I can`t wait one month to receive post from them. And if, in worst case scenario , I need to send some additional documents, then I would waste time which I do not have, both on receiving the letter, and on sending additional papers. I am waiting for their decision, they will notify me about my request.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is highly unprofessional for TRA not to allow us to check online for the status and outcome of our application. I remember that I have ticked the box where I chose to receive all communication via e-mail. I have sent an e-mail asking TRA to notify me via e-mail about my outcome, because I can`t wait one month to receive post from them. And if, in worst case scenario , I need to send some additional documents, then I would waste time which I do not have, both on receiving the letter, and on sending additional papers. I am waiting for their decision, they will notify me about my request.

I don't know for certain if its still the case but when I applied back in oct 12 the online portal worked even though it said it wasn't for my assessment type. Also, from my portal showing a successful outcome to receiving the official letter was far less than 4 weeks, more like 1 week. And finally TRA won't ask you for further documents or evidence. Your application should be decision ready when you submit it and as such TRA will assess it as it stands.

I know it's a pain that even though you ask for email notification but they ignore it, I think we all ask for email notification and don't get it but that's just TRA for you.

I don't know for certain if its still the case but when I applied back in oct 12 the online portal worked even though it said it wasn't for my assessment type. Also, from my portal showing a successful outcome to receiving the official letter was far less than 4 weeks, more like 1 week. And finally TRA won't ask you for further documents or evidence. Your application should be decision ready when you submit it and as such TRA will assess it as it stands.

I know it's a pain that even though you ask for email notification but they ignore it, I think we all ask for email notification and don't get it but that's just TRA for you.

Well, they can give me a negative outcome, due to, by their standards, insufficient proofs of something, like work experience,evidence of paid employment or something else, and then I would have to submit more evidence and to pay additional fee, of course. It took 4 weeks for their letter to arrive, with my TRA number, because, although I live in Europe, it is not UK, and TRA probably sends letter the cheapest and slowest way. I usually receive post from Australia within one week .

Well, they can give me a negative outcome, due to, by their standards, insufficient proofs of something, like work experience,evidence of paid employment or something else, and then I would have to submit more evidence and to pay additional fee, of course. It took 4 weeks for their letter to arrive, with my TRA number, because, although I live in Europe, it is not UK, and TRA probably sends letter the cheapest and slowest way. I usually receive post from Australia within one week .

I know it's very frustrating and they seem to play by their own rules. All I did was try to make sure I'd met every criteria on their checklist off the website. I guess if anyone, not you necessarily, is really unsure of if they've sent enough info and they need a pass in a hurry then maybe that's when an agent would earn their bucks. It does also seem sometimes that a further way to extract cash is to make people pay for reassessment.

Sorry I didn't realise you're in Europe but I agree it shouldn't take 4 weeks and they should use email if requested. I was really just trying to share my experiences of timescales with them to give you hope it wouldn't take 4 weeks.

I have checked on the portal, still awaiting assessment after 2 months and 2 days. I am trying not to be too obsessed

Don't forget that TRA timescales are quoted as 60 WORKING days. Even without any public holidays that's 12 weeks and also up to about August last year there were reports of assessments taking a lot longer than that. I know it's hard not to get obsessed with the situation from personal experience but try to only check once a day it's not good for your health. Lol

I have decided not to check for the next ten days, I will check it on my son*s 10th Birthday. One more thing, I had to open 5 different accounts in the last few days, because I forgot the passwords. So, the best thing is not to check every day :)

I like the new approach, I actually went on holiday and decided not to check while I was away as my application was only 20-30 days old when we flew. But sitting bored in a shopping mall while OH did her thing I latched onto the free wi-fi and thought 'what the hell'. Biggest surprise I'd had for ages as it had gone successful that day.

As for the passwords... I had 3 accounts by the end of it for the same reason!! Lol

I am on my 6th password, hopefully it will be the last. Just checked, it said awaiting assessment. It`s been 51 working days, as far as I know, there were no holidays between 9th of January until now. Still waiting.

What about the rest of you ? Nancy, do you have any news ?

Just checked, is said unsuccessful :frown: . Now, I have to wait a long month to get the letter and find out why. Didn`t send payslips, "just" taxation forms, so I guess that`s the catch. Nancy, do you have any news ? Maybe they have something against our occupation :mad:

Just checked, is said unsuccessful :frown: . Now, I have to wait a long month to get the letter and find out why. Didn`t send payslips, "just" taxation forms, so I guess that`s the catch. Nancy, do you have any news ? Maybe they have something against our occupation :mad:

That's really bad news ?. I didn't send payslips either though and got through ok. Maybe there's another reason, it's just a pain that you now have another wait just to find out why. I don't know why TRA don't join the 21st century and use email, it'd be faster and cheaper for them.

I know, but you are the only one who managed to get through without payslips. I have read here that they have asked for additional proof of paid employment for almost every second unsuccessful outcome. That and additional explanation of task and duties, not enough long employment letter , etc. The worst thing is waiting for the mail, in the best case scenario, it will take me another three months to get the positive assessment. Nancy is still waiting for her reply, and she has sent additional papers more than a month ago, or it seems like that.

I know, but you are the only one who managed to get through without payslips. I have read here that they have asked for additional proof of paid employment for almost every second unsuccessful outcome. That and additional explanation of task and duties, not enough long employment letter , etc. The worst thing is waiting for the mail, in the best case scenario, it will take me another three months to get the positive assessment. Nancy is still waiting for her reply, and she has sent additional papers more than a month ago, or it seems like that. I am really mad, because they have waited for 53 working days to give a negative assessment ! If they have thought , and obviously they had, that there wasn`t enough evidence for whatever, they could announce it as unsuccessful earlier.

Hi Jupiter sorry to hear about your outcome I think they seem to be giving every one a hard time just now. I only sent mine away at the beginning of the month so they only received mine last week. It might be worth emailing them if it takes a month to get to you, you only have 60 days to appeal from the unsuccessful date so wouldn't leave you much time to get additional information together.

Edited by nancy and paul

I know, but you are the only one who managed to get through without payslips. I have read here that they have asked for additional proof of paid employment for almost every second unsuccessful outcome. That and additional explanation of task and duties, not enough long employment letter , etc. The worst thing is waiting for the mail, in the best case scenario, it will take me another three months to get the positive assessment. Nancy is still waiting for her reply, and she has sent additional papers more than a month ago, or it seems like that. I am really mad, because they have waited for 53 working days to give a negative assessment ! If they have thought , and obviously they had, that there wasn`t enough evidence for whatever, they could announce it as unsuccessful earlier.

Sorry about your unsuccessful outcome! They are really annoying that way, our 1st time they sent an email asking us to confirm address and asked if hubby was still in bus so I told them yes and sent tax records of new contracts for the year - they still failed us! I did wonder why they bothered! Tools! Hope it's an easy fix!

Hi Jupiter sorry to hear about your outcome I think they seem to be giving every one a hard time just now. I only sent mine away at the beginning of the month so they only received mine last week. It might be worth emailing them if it takes a month to get to you, you only have 60 days to appeal from the unsuccessful date so wouldn't leave you much time to get additional information together.

I know :( I have already sent them an e-mail stating that I would like to receive my outcome via e-mail, and that I can`t wait one month to get the letter from them. But...no reply. Well, it seems that I would have to gather additional information asap, but I don`t know what will they want from me :mad:. I will need at least a month to gather payslips and then to certify and translate them and I don`t know if they would ask them at all. Who knows what they want ? I have read that some people thought that they have already sent everything and that they don`t know what more to add. That would be a nightmare. I hope that they want the payslips, that`s the easier part . Nancy, I thought that it has been a month of your waiting. Hope that you will hear the good news at last very soon.

Sorry about your unsuccessful outcome! They are really annoying that way, our 1st time they sent an email asking us to confirm address and asked if hubby was still in bus so I told them yes and sent tax records of new contracts for the year - they still failed us! I did wonder why they bothered! Tools! Hope it's an easy fix!

Oh dear, and what DID they want actually ? What did you additionally send ? How long did you wait for the review decision ? I asked my employer, nobody phoned her, or sent an e-mail. Nothing. Now I am supposed to bite my nails off and to wait for the letter :(

Edited by Jupiter19

Oh dear, and what DID they want actually ? What did you additionally send ? How long did you wait for the review decision ? I asked my employer, nobody phoned her, or sent an e-mail. Nothing. Now I am supposed to bite my nails off and to wait for the letter :(

Needed more detailed letter for training, sent them one and stat dec to be sure, letter from accountant to say we were still in business and sent letters from clients instead of just contact details but they never contacted anyone. We were about 45 working days the 2nd time I think. It usually takes them a week to respond to emails.