Form 80

Morana

My CO has requested that i fill in the Form 80 and i'm struggling with one of the questions on the form. Its asking if i have visited any other countries (other than Aus) in the last 10 years. Over this period i have been to other countries at least 20 times (to ireland mainly) but cant remeber the dates very well especially short term visits. The form requests the month and year at least.

just thought i'd see if anyone on POI has been in the same situation and ask what they did before i bug my CO with a question (i've heard they dont like to be constantly contacted)

thanks

I think they're primarily interested in whether you have resided in any country other than your primary residence for more than 12 months. If you have then a police check for each country you have resided in for more than 12 months is required.

Jonny

They want holidays and everything!

It is a nightmare for sure. We used to go overseas at least three times a year so took ages. Luckily most of ours were out of Europe so we had stamps with dates on in our passports. The rest we had to spend hours planning out the ten years and trying to figure out where and when. Facebook photos helped too as we had at least the years generally.

Good luck.

They want holidays and everything!

It is a nightmare for sure. We used to go overseas at least three times a year so took ages. Luckily most of ours were out of Europe so we had stamps with dates on in our passports. The rest we had to spend hours planning out the ten years and trying to figure out where and when. Facebook photos helped too as we had at least the years generally.

Good luck.

Really? For what reason did they require dates of holidays? My understanding is that they only require dates spent in other countries if the dates exceed 12 months in each country for the purpose of Police checks. I went to Spain for 4 months and DIAC weren't interested.

Jonny

It is very clear on form 80 that they want to know of all trips, wether of business of holidays (you have to say which) within the last ten years.

Who knows why. Maybe they want to know if you have been off training to be a terrorist. Who knows, but it is there in black and white on form 80.

They generally do for applicants from HR countries. Other than that it is completely in CO's discretion...

Thats why i'm suprised i was asked to complete it. My wife is from the republic of ireland but i wouldnt call that HR.

This form is proving quite challenging!!

Next question........ My wife was born in Dublin but moved to England at 10 and has be here over 20 years, her parents are both Irish. as she's been here over 20 years is she automatically classed as being a British citizen as well as Irish or would she have had to specifically apply for british citizenship

thanks

Guest BoardBabe

Hi

I've just done my form 80 and it is a pain. I heard that they ask where you've been is for health reasons. e.g. if you've been to a country with TB they'll ask for a chest x-ray.

I'd been away loads and looked through my diary (work and personal one) to figure it out. Also, if you've taken any digital photos you can see the date they were taken in the metadata. If you can't remember the date just give an estimate and say as much.

I don't think they expect you to remember every trip....

I think it depends what type of visa you're applying for. I got an sc461 and it specified that you must complete the form 80.

This form is proving quite challenging!!

Next question........ My wife was born in Dublin but moved to England at 10 and has be here over 20 years, her parents are both Irish. as she's been here over 20 years is she automatically classed as being a British citizen as well as Irish or would she have had to specifically apply for british citizenship

thanks

I doubt she would be a British Citizen without applying for it, how would she prove it? One method is a Citizenship Certificate, or a UK Passport. Her rights to British Citizenship would depend on if she qualifies for it by descent or by virtue of mariage to you, but she would need to go through the naturalisation administrative process detailed here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/

Given the UK's recent changes to family based migration (incl spouses) it may well be worth you while to sort out her British Citizenship before you move to Oz, as if you want to return you might find it a challenge.

I doubt she would be a British Citizen without applying for it, how would she prove it? One method is a Citizenship Certificate, or a UK Passport. Her rights to British Citizenship would depend on if she qualifies for it by descent or by virtue of mariage to you, but she would need to go through the naturalisation administrative process detailed here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/

Given the UK's recent changes to family based migration (incl spouses) it may well be worth you while to sort out her British Citizenship before you move to Oz, as if you want to return you might find it a challenge.

Cheers, i thought as much but just thought i'd check. Come a long way in the visa process now and dont want to mess it up by providing wrong info on any forms.

Great shout on sorting citizenship before moving to OZ - think i'll do that!

Hi

I've just done my form 80 and it is a pain. I heard that they ask where you've been is for health reasons. e.g. if you've been to a country with TB they'll ask for a chest x-ray.

I'd been away loads and looked through my diary (work and personal one) to figure it out. Also, if you've taken any digital photos you can see the date they were taken in the metadata. If you can't remember the date just give an estimate and say as much.

I don't think they expect you to remember every trip....

I think it depends what type of visa you're applying for. I got an sc461 and it specified that you must complete the form 80.

nahhhh, you need the chest X-ray for all perminant visas. And I needed a chest X-ray to get a student visa but didn't need to do form 80. But for my next two visas I still needed the chest X-rays. At the medical place they said that goes on visa types.

One last question! Number 57: Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever..

Do i have to declare if a family member (not included in the visa application) has a criminal conviction? It is a sibling who is not on our application (the visa is just for me, wife and 2 kids) but you have to list all members of your family on the Form 80. Should i declare it? - just dont want it to hamper our chances if it doesnt need to be mentioned.

thanks

One last question! Number 57: Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever..

Do i have to declare if a family member (not included in the visa application) has a criminal conviction? It is a sibling who is not on our application (the visa is just for me, wife and 2 kids) but you have to list all members of your family on the Form 80. Should i declare it? - just dont want it to hamper our chances if it doesnt need to be mentioned.

thanks

no, if the person is NOT included in your application then no need to declare - someone correct me if I am wrong!

• 1 year later...

We had to fill out a form 80 when we applied for our 175 in 2009 and an updated on in 2013 when it was being processed. We're Canadian. If you haven't been requested to fill one out, maybe wait till it's requested. Though it's a good idea to have the info needed to fill it out just in case.

Glad we didn't have to do the new one. It was hard enough updating our old one.

Archived