How to relax?

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Just wondered how people relax. I seem to be on the go (mentally not physically ) non stop. I can't even take deep breathes. The only time I've felt relaxed was a few weeks back before the forby broke down and we were out in the middle of no where. It lasted an hour at most.

My natural state is relaxed, especially if the sun is shining. I need some deadlines just to get me moving.

When I am stressed though wine works quite well. Or chocolate. Or a movie or some trashy TV. Exercise is good for mental relaxation and a walk through a nice landscape helps to take your mind off things.

Guest The Pom Queen
What are you thinking about? What thoughts go through your mind?

There are all sorts of Internet resources and books about how to relax. The key is to consider WHY you are so on edge...?

I can't switch off from here, as admin I really struggle, even today we went to the movies but I was checking every 5 minutes which is silly as we have excellent mods and I trust them to run the place, I just feel guilty for being away.

Also a couple of personal things but nothing important.

Seriously,its an internet forum,its not life or death. Unless you are getting paid for what you do is should be enjoyable and lighthearted.

Not trying to be disrespectful you obviously put your all into this place and your good at what you do BUT!

Vegetable gardening. And as relaxation time is needed every few days, this will correspond to weeding requirements!

Then have a really nice salad a few months later.

I love veggie gardening too, but it leaves me knackered not relaxed lol.

I do have my routine when I get home though of picking out weeds, checking growth and if it needs more water, stopping the cats (who are house cats the rest of the time) from trying to crap in the beds or sleep on my carrots lol.

I love a good bit of boxing training, really helps me switch off mentally from a busy day... nothing like a good spar to make me focus on the here and now, let everything else go. I always feel a lot calmer after too, which is ironic given the premise of the sport!

Wine is a good second though! :)

I walk a lot listening to audio books. I also knit - a lot!!!

Ooohhh yes, I drive a bit for work and listening to podcasts I find very relaxing too. Infact, mostly for the mind as it distracts me from whatever I might be over thinking or over analysing. I can talk to whoever I'm listening to instead lol.

i find this site relaxing or at least escapism. especially now i have a tablet and can do it on the couch. i read, watch some tellie not much though i've gone right off it, go out with the dog me and the bairn. i often just sit and ponder on the rare occassion i can. i love quiet. today i had reflexology which is very rare for me to do but i felt very stressed and now i feel very lucky x

I can't switch off from here, as admin I really struggle, even today we went to the movies but I was checking every 5 minutes which is silly as we have excellent mods and I trust them to run the place, I just feel guilty for being away.

Also a couple of personal things but nothing important.

And there-in lies the problem, you think personal things are not important!

Daniel

Totally understand M2M my mind is always on the go. I don't sleep properly and feel like a over tightened spring. I shouldn't rely on wine but I do find a glass helps (but not with the sleeping) at the moment my homemade sloe gin is easing my restless soul and it's friday. Oh and don't ignore the personal issues, these matter the most. Hope you sort it :)

Archived