189 Invitation on 15th November Gang

MelbournePhom

I submitted my 189 EOI 3 days ago, I am a Developer programmer, with a positive skills assessment from the ACS, and I have completed my IELTS. Overall I have 70 points, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I maybe get an invite today (however nothing has come through yet) as I can see from the previous round that 70 is a strong score.

Just wanted to open the floor for other people to possibly report if they have received an invite during the invite round today, as they will be inviting 1,400 to apply for the 189 visa.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have finalised our EOI today for a 189 after receiving a positive from TRA. We are not sure whether we have "missed the boat" for 15 Nov so are not too disheartened, just bad timing. We would really love to receive an invite on the next round though if at all possible.

Good Luck Everyone.

Guest musaddaq
There seems to be a problem with the invites this time round, no-one received an invitation, regardless of your score :(

Yeah u r right, till time no one has received invitation,

Guest musaddaq
I submitted my 189 EOI 3 days ago, I am a Developer programmer, with a positive skills assessment from the ACS, and I have completed my IELTS. Overall I have 70 points, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I maybe get an invite today (however nothing has come through yet) as I can see from the previous round that 70 is a strong score.

Just wanted to open the floor for other people to possibly report if they have received an invite during the invite round today, as they will be inviting 1,400 to apply for the 189 visa.

In current invitation you will receive invitation definitely,

Right-ho, so from reading the messages on here so far it appears there may have been a problem with the 15th November invitations (which is why they need more IT people in Oz :biggrin:).

In my experience of computer problems, they may just delay the invite one day but that's purely a guess, and I can't find any official news about the problem.

This is probably good news for you candygirl, this delay might mean you get an invite this time now :biggrin:

Congratulations

You have received an invitation to lodge a Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Permanent) visa application nominated/sponsored by your family member. :biggrin:

As has been discussed on another thread (I can't remember if it's on PIO or not), the part about "by your family member." is an error.

At last!!!! Looks like I guessed right about a 1 day delay :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone else who applied. Cheers.

We wanted a 189 but have just received an invite for a 489 FS. Really not sure what to do now as we only rec'd a positive skills assessment yesterday and updated our EOI yesterday afternoon:err:

I originally applied for the subclass 190 state sponsorship, but once I got a skills assessment in a skill on SOL 1 I removed my application for the 190 and just left the 189 visa, as I was then worried I might get a 190 invite, when the 189 is the one I would most like.

You could reject the invite (does this have implications though?) and then only leave the 189 application in for the next couple of invite rounds and see if you get one, or I guess take the 489 visa.

It might be best to see if an agent can advise you with this type of stuff, or ring DIAC and explain your situation.

Best of luck.

Got Invitation with 60 points, Submitted September 11, 2012

Hi. did you receive an email or you just checked it in your profile from your USERID in SkillSelect? My agent told me that they did not receive an invitation for me, it is very odd because we submitted my EOI last September 1, 2012 with 60 points. Please reply. Thank you.

Guest musaddaq
Hi. did you receive an email or you just checked it in your profile from your USERID in SkillSelect? My agent told me that they did not receive an invitation for me, it is very odd because we submitted my EOI last September 1, 2012 with 60 points. Please reply. Thank you.

I received both, in my email box also on portal

I m happy to join this GANG and would like to say thanks to every one here for giving all such information which keep we all updated reg VISA process.

Wish Good luck to all who are in Que to receive Invitation:smile:.....pls keep posting

Hi,

Have you hired some migration agent for the same ? or you dod all on your own ?

• 3 weeks later...
Just to update this thread. Invite received on 15th Nov, Application lodged 18th Nov, Case Officer today 4th Dec . wooop. PCC & Meds next.

Wow, things move pretty quick with the new system.

Mattybe,

Can i ask where you are moving to and if you selected an intended state on the application form? I only as I lodged my 189 application on the 8 Nov and still have yet to be alloacted a CO !!!! I believe that applications go to either Adelaide or Brisbane (i chose queensland) and wonder if one may have quicker processing times than the other.

thanks

Hi, I didn't specify a state at all. I went for the 189 to allow me flexibility to go anywhere. I'm hoping for NSW or QLD but I never specified a preference in my application.

I can't believe the speed of it to be honest, I was under the impression that even a 190 which is higher priority gets a CO within 5 weeks. To get one for a 189 in 16 days is a surprise.

Good luck with getting a CO soon !

Just to update this thread. Invite received on 15th Nov, Application lodged 18th Nov, Case Officer today 4th Dec . wooop. PCC & Meds next.

Wow, things move pretty quick with the new system.

Hi

Can you please give details of skill occupation and points claims.

Me too have applied on 18Nov and still waiting

Did the CO requested additional doc apart from pcc and medical??

Thanks for the info

Archived