189 Invitation on 15th November Gang

MelbournePhom

233513 Plant Engineer

75 Points

CO has only asked for PCC and medicals. I uploaded all relevant docs when I lodged on the 18/11/12 (Birth certs/passport/IELTS/Skill assessment/Evidence of Employment).

I noticed yesterday when I checked my Evisa that lots of non-relevant document status went from "Recommended" to "Not Required". Thought that was bizarre and then today, email from CO.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent news Mattybe. You stats are very similar to mine but plus one month. I'm also an Engineer with the same points, etc.

Thanks Coastie,

Thats very weird, its almost to the day but +1 month. Even the date you sent EA assessment, looking at the timings I take it you did the Career Episodes too then. Even your IELTS marks are the same. lol.

Be interested to hear when you get your grant, where are you heading to ?

Thanks Coastie,

Thats very weird, its almost to the day but +1 month. Even the date you sent EA assessment, looking at the timings I take it you did the Career Episodes too then. Even your IELTS marks are the same. lol.

Be interested to hear when you get your grant, where are you heading to ?

yep. I've only got an HND so had to go the CDR route.

I'll post on here (hopefully soon) when I've got my grant.

Hi submitted EOI 30.10.12 invitation to apply through 3.11.12. We were very shocked. We now have an acknowledgement letter not sure if that means we have been assigned a case officer or not?? Some confusion on here as too when to start medical. I am under the impression the case officer will let us know. Not sure when you know your points and info are all ok either just have to wait and see.

Hi submitted EOI 30.10.12 invitation to apply through 3.11.12. We were very shocked. We now have an acknowledgement letter not sure if that means we have been assigned a case officer or not?? Some confusion on here as too when to start medical. I am under the impression the case officer will let us know. Not sure when you know your points and info are all ok either just have to wait and see.

It seems to say that if you have applied for a 190 then you can front load the medicals and PCC. General consensus is to wait for CO before doing PCC/Meds for a 189.

I lodged on 18/11/12, then obtained an acknowledgment of valid application on 26/11/12, then CO on 04/12/12. Hope this helps with the timeline.

Hi all! Like to join the gang. I submitted the application on 15Nov and just for assigned a CO today asking for a number of docs which I had uploaded.. Sigh..

Also for overseas work experience, the CO was asking for tax evidence, contracts and payslips but I wouldn't have payslips or contracts for the last 10 years. Will that be ok? I will probably be able to provide these for the current job though..

Had previously provided reference letters. Anyone had the same request?

It seems to say that if you have applied for a 190 then you can front load the medicals and PCC. General consensus is to wait for CO before doing PCC/Meds for a 189.

I lodged on 18/11/12, then obtained an acknowledgment of valid application on 26/11/12, then CO on 04/12/12. Hope this helps with the timeline.

Hi there

Yes thanks for that, I start doubting myself. Our visa is in my husbands name but I deal with as I have more time to sort things out. We have applied for 189 so your information is very helpful thanks again.

While waiting we have started to de-clutter as plenty to do. Will update when we are assigned a case officer.

I applied on this 10th NOV and expecting some delay for CO to assigned Since It is Chrismas time so I heard It could be in end of JAN ..I feel to say thanks a lot to everyone for keeping update all info so it help to understand our progress. I lodged my application without PCC , Medical and any Document ....hoping to submitt all documents in this weekend after Certifiying it. .. In case If anyone have any suggestion pls share. Thanks

Wish u all Good day ahead.

I applied on this 10th NOV and expecting some delay for CO to assigned Since It is Chrismas time so I heard It could be in end of JAN ..I feel to say thanks a lot to everyone for keeping update all info so it help to understand our progress. I lodged my application without PCC , Medical and any Document ....hoping to submitt all documents in this weekend after Certifiying it. .. In case If anyone have any suggestion pls share. Thanks

Wish u all Good day ahead.

documents don't need to be certified if you are uploading and attaching COLOR copies. If you are scanning and uploading black and white copies, then yes they will need to be certified. But not for color.

Once you get your CO assigned, I think that's when you have your TRN number needed to apply and book your medicals.

Have you already applied for your India PCC yet (not sure how long it takes).

Hi all! Like to join the gang. I submitted the application on 15Nov and just for assigned a CO today asking for a number of docs which I had uploaded.. Sigh..

Also for overseas work experience, the CO was asking for tax evidence, contracts and payslips but I wouldn't have payslips or contracts for the last 10 years. Will that be ok? I will probably be able to provide these for the current job though..

Had previously provided reference letters. Anyone had the same request?

Just had exactly the same experience, when I lodged my application I didn't upload my ACS results and my IELTS test (didn't have these scanned in). So I went back in 3 days later and uploaded them.

My CO said she couldn't locate/access these documents so asked me to email them to her, which I've done but seems a bit strange! Have been waiting 3-4 days for each reply which is a bit annoying...

Had my medical this morning in London, my Australian police checks have been processed (hopefully clean certificate is on it's way), and I just need to complete my ACPO checks now.

Archived