189 Invitation on 15th November Gang

MelbournePhom

Applied 22nd November. Would like to think we could get a case officer this week.

Oh My God, devastated at the moment. Just got an email from the case officer stating that the diploma we submitted is not equivalent to an Aussie qualification and there then is a incorrect number of points which is not good obviously.I have sent an email back explaining that it wasn't our intention to deceive anyone and now await their guidance. Does anyone have any advice.:dull:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh My God, devastated at the moment. Just got an email from the case officer stating that the diploma we submitted is not equivalent to an Aussie qualification and there then is a incorrect number of points which is not good obviously.I have sent an email back explaining that it wasn't our intention to deceive anyone and now await their guidance. Does anyone have any advice.:dull:

When you had the skills assessment did you provide the diploma to the assessing authority ? Did they make any mention of it and state any equivalence ?

Hi

Really Sorry for you.

How much points did you claim for the diploma?? Did you assessed it ???

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Mattybe.

We had our medicals today and doctor said these should be sent by the end of next week so hopefully we won't be far behind you.

Thanks Kaz, I think you will be closer behind me than you may think. My medicals were referred due to a known resolved issue, I think this delayed things by a few weeks. So fingers crossed you will be right along side me with the email were hoping for.... Good luck :)

Good luck to everyone, just out of interest did anyone have the AFP certificate posted to them in the UK? Mine was sent from Oz on the 11th Dec but never arrived, I've requested a new copy to be sent, just wondered what other people have experienced with delivery times. Obviously this is only needed if you've spent more than 1 year in Australia, so for a lot of applicants this isn't necessary.

Mid September. I wonder if the case officers are awarded first to the higher points candidates...

Hi BIzcut,

How come is it possibe that u applied application for 189 in Mid September eventhough U got Invitation in NOV 2012....or do u mean EOI u did in mid September.....and hopefully application for VISA u would have lodged in...mid NOV

Visa granted today.

I started the process with the IELTS exam on the 1st September 2012, so 4 months and 10 days to go through the process (with christmas in the middle) - not bad!

Goodluck

WAOoooooooooo ,,, You are the 1st one from 15 NOV Invitation GANG to give this Good news.

Congrates a lot and wishing U Great Journey ahead ...

If u dont mind could you share dates when did u lodged application and when C.O got assigend .

which VISA and skill u applied for ...

No problem,

Ielts taken 1st Sept 12

Skills assesment rec'd 26th Oct 12

189 invite rec'd 1st October

Application submitted 5th Nov 12 (acknowledged by DIAC 8th Nov)

Meds 26th Nov 12

CO assigned 5th Dec 12 (requested the PCC's and Form 80)

PCC's rec'd 11th Dec 12

Form 80 & PCC's sent to CO 13th Dec 12

Visa granted 10th Jan 13

(My invitation date was not the 15th Nov (as the threat title is named) but as i've been part of this thread previously thought I'd give an update)

Hi BIzcut,

How come is it possibe that u applied application for 189 in Mid September eventhough U got Invitation in NOV 2012....or do u mean EOI u did in mid September.....and hopefully application for VISA u would have lodged in...mid NOV

Yes EOI in September, Visa invitation in November.

Now waiting for case officer, or even better for the Visa grant!

Visa granted today.

I started the process with the IELTS exam on the 1st September 2012, so 4 months and 10 days to go through the process (with christmas in the middle) - not bad!

Goodluck

Awesome news! When did you CO request you to complete Form 80? I haven't been asked for that at all yet...

What a complete disaster. Received an email out of the blue from my CO in the middle of the night:

As I have found your assessed score is less than the score stated in your invitation to apply, you fail to satisfy a criterion as set out in the Migration Regulations for the grant of the visa. This means that the visa for which you have applied cannot be granted to you.

A decision on your visa application is now imminent.

You may choose to withdraw your application up until such time as a decision is made. If you do so, you may request a discretionary refund of the first instalment of the Visa Application Charge (VAC). If you wish to withdraw the application, please provide a written request to withdraw, including a request for refund of the VAC if applicable, signed by all applicants 18 and over. Please note that a request for refund of the VAC does not guarantee that a refund will be approved. Whether or not a refund is given depends upon certain legal circumstances being established to the satisfaction of the delegate.

I think I incorrectly selected "Does the client meet the Australian study requirements for the Skilled Migration points test?" (I thought this was covered by my UK degree) during my EOI, which gave me an extra 5 points which I cannot now prove, making my claimed total 70 when it was actually 65 at the time of nomination.

The thing is, since submitting my EOI I've now turned 25, so I'd have an extra 5 points if I did apply again.

Rather than take the risk (if my visa was denied I'd get a 2 year EOI ban), I am withdrawing my Visa, and will submit a new EOI with 70 points. I have no idea why my case officer handled it this way, when I was initially asked for evidence of Australian qualifications (around a month ago), I told them I wasn't aware I'd claimed to have any, why they've waited until this stage to let me know I have no idea! I'll try to get a refund of the VAC, but this might end up costing me $3k :chatterbox:

Congratulations to those that have had their visa granted :biggrin:

What a complete disaster. Received an email out of the blue from my CO in the middle of the night:

As I have found your assessed score is less than the score stated in your invitation to apply, you fail to satisfy a criterion as set out in the Migration Regulations for the grant of the visa. This means that the visa for which you have applied cannot be granted to you.

You may choose to withdraw your application up until such time as a decision is made. If you do so, you may request a discretionary refund of the first instalment of the Visa Application Charge (VAC). If you wish to withdraw the application, please provide a written request to withdraw, including a request for refund of the VAC if applicable, signed by all applicants 18 and over. Please note that a request for refund of the VAC does not guarantee that a refund will be approved. Whether or not a refund is given depends upon certain legal circumstances being established to the satisfaction of the delegate.

I think I incorrectly selected "Does the client meet the Australian study requirements for the Skilled Migration points test?" (I thought this was covered by my UK degree) during my EOI, which gave me an extra 5 points which I cannot now prove, making my claimed total 70 when it was actually 65 at the time of nomination.

The thing is, since submitting my EOI I've now turned 25, so I'd have an extra 5 points if I did apply again.

Rather than take the risk (if my visa was denied I'd get a 2 year EOI ban), I am withdrawing my Visa, and will submit a new EOI with 70 points. I have no idea why my case officer handled it this way, when I was initially asked for evidence of Australian qualifications (around a month ago), I told them I wasn't aware I'd claimed to have any, why they've waited until this stage to let me know I have no idea! I'll try to get a refund of the VAC, but this might end up costing me $3k :chatterbox:

Sorry to hear that - is it worth ring the CO to explain and also mention you woul now meet 70 points any way just in different categories?

Goodluck, hope you can sort it out without losing $3k.

first of all, sorry you got this from your CO

second of all, I know I didn't claim points for Australian study because I Know I didn't study in Australia.....I don't see how others can get confused by this part???

Archived