189 Invitation on 15th November Gang

MelbournePhom

Good news. Spoke to my CO last night, and although she couldn't add the 5 points onto my visa, she could immediately withdraw my application. I was mainly worried it would be denied and then I'd be banned from applying for 2 years.

With regards to the question I answered incorrectly, I can't exactly remember how it appeared on the EOI when I submitted it, but I can't remember it making clear that it was only for qualifications studied for in Australia. It has been changed in the EOI form now to be much clearer, my case officer mentioned there are other applications that have done the same as me. She also sent me a form to claim my VAC back, so it sounds positive I might get it back...

I am free to submit a new EOI tonight (with 70 points again), and there is an invite round on January 21st, so if I get invited then (should be certain I guess) then I can use all the documentation again, medicals, police checks etc. so at least I can just upload everything in one go and that should all be done.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Good news. Spoke to my CO last night, and although she couldn't add the 5 points onto my visa, she could immediately withdraw my application. I was mainly worried it would be denied and then I'd be banned from applying for 2 years.

With regards to the question I answered incorrectly, I can't exactly remember how it appeared on the EOI when I submitted it, but I can't remember it making clear that it was only for qualifications studied for in Australia. It has been changed in the EOI form now to be much clearer, my case officer mentioned there are other applications that have done the same as me. She also sent me a form to claim my VAC back, so it sounds positive I might get it back...

I am free to submit a new EOI tonight (with 70 points again), and there is an invite round on January 21st, so if I get invited then (should be certain I guess) then I can use all the documentation again, medicals, police checks etc. so at least I can just upload everything in one go and that should all be done.

Just to let people know I have had my refund approved, and apparently it's been sent to DIAC for processing, so hopefully I'll get my money back shortly. Still waiting for a CO on my new application, optimistic this could happen within the next 2 weeks and shouldn't take long to process (as my medicals etc. were finalised on my first application). Or am I making the mistake again that logic might be used?

• 2 months later...

Hi Melbourne Phome,

what a complete disaster! I submitted my application for 189 visa yesterday and today I realised that I had done the same mistake as you did.for the exact the same reason-i misinterpreted the question in EOI re; australian study requirement.I ticked yes to that in EOI, but no in the application(as the question was clear there). Now I will not be able to claim 65 points but 60 and my application will be rejected.

I wonder shall i send my withdrawal notice now explaining my mistake and hope for the best that they would refund $3000k, or wait for a case officer to be assigned and explain it to her then. the only problem is that I might wait for weeks for the case officer to be assigned. What shall I do??????????:arghh:

Thanks Craig. I was thinking the same way just trying to reassure myself. The thing is if I claimed 65 points in EOI I need to proof it now. But I cannot as I am missing 5 points. I googled this topic last night and it seems it's quite a common mistake. The question does not seem to be clear enough and some people misinterpret it. I have two choices now: write to Diac letting them know that I'm waiting for a case officer to be assign and that I spotted my mistake, explain the matter further and ask for the refund of the visa cost if it means I need to withdrawn my application. The other option is just wait for CO to be assigned, see what she will say, then explain my mistake and take it from there. I also think that the second option might be better and less messy. But who knows it. I'm not sure how long does it take to get CO. I will not be able to sleep for the rest of the month.... Thanks for help, Craig.

Unfortunately if the points on the EOI don't match your application form then you will have to withdraw and claim for a refund due to unclear guidance. This applies even if you still meet the min points as you've been selected ahead of others who only had 60 points on their EOI.

Hi Coastie,

oh, dear. If only I had enough money to apply the second time. What are the chances of getting refund? Shall I withdraw my application now or wait until I get CO?Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. thanks a million.

Hi Coastie,

oh, dear. If only I had enough money to apply the second time. What are the chances of getting refund? Shall I withdraw my application now or wait until I get CO?Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. thanks a million.

Hi I have stopped going on here as gutted after our experience,!

We were in the same boat and sadly for us before we could get it sorted my husband lost points for reaching 40 and we couldnt get the points in time to attain the 60 points and lost our money,! Not sure how it is even legal. They will make you wait I think and then re apply but hopefully you will get yours sorted.

Sadly for us the only way we can get there is by employer sponsor which if anyone has tried it is a bit like gold dust!!!! Not being negative but we really thought when we put our app in we were on our way and lost money and hopes with it. Keep applying for jobs but there is only so long you can put your lives on hold. All the agencies seem to promise the world and only deliver if you can get a skilled visa. We went to a seminar and was promised by a few agencies and companues for jobs they would contact us anc never did even though allegedly they had vacancies. I am ranting now but good luck and keep with it and your dream will come true.

Susi and Coasti, thanks for your messages. We decided to wait for a case officer to be assigned and we will take it from there. It looks like some people managed to get money back in the same situation. Hopefully we will also get there one day...

Archived