do you have to pay for the pill in oz

sparrow9999

• 2 weeks later...
hijust wondering if you have to pay for the contraceptive pill over in oz

and do they have the brand marvelon

I found this helpful, put in the name of your med and it gives you info on it, if you click on 'view' beside the medicine it gives you info on PBS prices and any premium, and alternative generic brands. Hope it helps

http://www.pbs.gov.au/pbs/search?term=&search-type=medicines

• 3 weeks later...

I used microginon 30 in the uk. I got a prescription for that here and it was going to be something stupid like $40 a month, so I just got the generic version. $20 for three months.

What I hate here is you can't get them without a weeks worth of sugar pills included!

You could ask doctor in UK for years supply before you go - keep you going for a while. But take paper information with you to a doctor, as the pills are all called different. I ended getting something completely different as they couldnt work out what was equivalent with the name of the one I had. Im sure I paid $30 for 3 months, that was a few years ago now.

I used microginon 30 in the uk. I got a prescription for that here and it was going to be something stupid like $40 a month, so I just got the generic version. $20 for three months.

What I hate here is you can't get them without a weeks worth of sugar pills included!

I like the sugar pills, I don't have the best memory so it takes away the worry of remembering to start the next packet.

I like the sugar pills, I don't have the best memory so it takes away the worry of remembering to start the next packet.

Nahhhh, I have a great memory, so never used to look at the days, just take one, generally in the dark each night. Then along came sugar pills! I ended up having to take the bloomin morning after pill and since then I cut the sugar pills off the packet. Would be much easier if they had the option of not having them.

But yay you getting a years worth before you go. That is what I did. :-)

I got the implant before I left the UK as that lasts for 3 years and I don't really want to have to pay for the pill regardless of whether it cost $20 or $80. Plus my memory isn't the best so the implant actually works better for me :-)

Archived