189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a limit but you can email them to your CO when you get one, if they ask for more. I'd suggest maybe uploading every other month? There's also a 5mb limit on documents, so putting them all in one doc might not work.

Edited by FP215

There's now a change of government .. Which means a new immigration minister .. I think the new govt will function better but I dunno if the department will function until the new immigration minister takes charge .. I hope it does so we can see no delays in visa processing ! Just a heads up to everyone .

Hi everyone

I have just applied for my 189 Visa through an agency this week and have a couple of questions that I hope I can get some feedback on.

I'm looking to try to fly out in July 2014. Is that a realistic hope with regard to time it takes to have visa granted?

The advice that I have been given from my agency is to wait for my Case Officer to get in touch before applying for a medical and police checks. What is the current waiting time to get the medical, and how long do the police checks take? Is it worth organising the medical before getting the Case Officer?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are having a good weekend :). I have a question regarding uploading documents. Is there an upper limit on the number of docs that can be attached. Should I convert all of my more than 60 payslips into 1 PDF doc and then upload it?

U can upload a maximum of 60 documents per applicant. I uploaded 60 and the rest i e mailed to my CO as i was getting message "MAXIMUM NUMBERS OF DOCUMENTS REACHED"

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4

Hi everyone

I have just applied for my 189 Visa through an agency this week and have a couple of questions that I hope I can get some feedback on.

I'm looking to try to fly out in July 2014. Is that a realistic hope with regard to time it takes to have visa granted?

The advice that I have been given from my agency is to wait for my Case Officer to get in touch before applying for a medical and police checks. What is the current waiting time to get the medical, and how long do the police checks take? Is it worth organising the medical before getting the Case Officer?

Thanks in anticipation

It defers from case to case and country to country. Applying for meds, getting them done takes around a month but police checks vary according to country. Thinking about flying in july is something quite realistic if everything goes fine

There's now a change of government .. Which means a new immigration minister .. I think the new govt will function better but I dunno if the department will function until the new immigration minister takes charge .. I hope it does so we can see no delays in visa processing ! Just a heads up to everyone .

Thats a news, fingers crossed

New Premier dont like migration, i dont think so will be more better to migrate,,i think harder,,lets see.............lol

Ivetka,

Tony abbott's mandate was to "stop the boat people" which was more of a reference to refugees. Skilled migrants are required to aid in fulfilling his promises to build Australia's economy. I'd hate to alarm anyone here. We will no doubt however see a change in migration policy. My only hope is that it will be for the better.

i reckon we'll see more changes on the 457 visa program than the SkillSelect program. If there will be some changes to the skilled migration, I think it would be on the occupation list, which is very exhaustive, compared to Canada's list which has less than 20 occupations. But then again, I guess the labour market is different here.

Hope I see more grants for yous this week.

i reckon we'll see more changes on the 457 visa program than the SkillSelect program. If there will be some changes to the skilled migration, I think it would be on the occupation list, which is very exhaustive, compared to Canada's list which has less than 20 occupations. But then again, I guess the labour market is different here. Hope I see more grants for yous this week.
Agreed

Hi,

For those who already have a CO allocated or have got a grant. For work exp- I have uploaded offer letters, relieving letters (experience letters) and pay-slips of the 3 organizations I have worked with till date. I read somewhere in the thread about CO asking for bank-statements. Are bank statements a mandatory document?

Hi,

For those who already have a CO allocated or have got a grant. For work exp- I have uploaded offer letters, relieving letters (experience letters) and pay-slips of the 3 organizations I have worked with till date. I read somewhere in the thread about CO asking for bank-statements. Are bank statements a mandatory document?

just based on my case, I don't think it's a mandatory document. I did not submit any bank statements. Although we see some CO requesting for it or a tax declaration/statement. In my case, I submitted an employment certificate with a date way before my claim of 1-year Australian experience. I supported it with recent payslips. CO never contacted my agent to request for anything at all.

Hi shreya

No news unfortunately.. I'm pretty hopeful that it should be finalised by next week at latest. I will try and persuade my agent to ask co (as well as uploading those dam docs)

How do you know your co intials?? On the letter requesting docs it has the email address to send the docs to, but no co intitials! Im confused!

Hi shreya

No news unfortunately.. I'm pretty hopeful that it should be finalised by next week at latest. I will try and persuade my agent to ask co (as well as uploading those dam docs)

How do you know your co intials?? On the letter requesting docs it has the email address to send the docs to, but no co intitials! Im confused!

Ya the mail has the CO's name and some "PN" thing?Not sure about the full form of PN .The email address usually belongs to a team ,so shud be same for u and me .

Your agent has not uploaded or emailed the docs yet?

Stevie ,pls ask ur agent the Co's name ,probably we have the same one ?

Shreya, I will ask my agent about the co. The checklist request that the co sent doesn't have any initials on it, just the Adelaide.gsm.team8 etc etc to send the docs to.

Did your agent just send the extra docs to the email address stated on the request list, or did you upload them on to evisa instead?

Nope still havent sent the docs but will be on to them tomorrow to get it sorted!

Good day guys, here's hoping for a fantastic week for everyone waiting on their grants. Hope we all get the good news soon.

Also, since new Govt has come in i don't think there would be many changes for this quarter. Any changes that would come in would def be for next quarter or year. So no worries yet. Have a great and cheerful day. Cheers.