dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone

I lodged my 189 application on the 3/1/13 and still haven't heard from a CO yet!! We have our medicals this friday at Bridgewater medical practice. Everything else done and uploaded (skills assessment, nursing registration docs, degree, police checks, IELTS, certified copies of passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate). Have I missed anything?

Its a long waiting game now!

Hi Vanessa,

Did u got ur CO assigned? Just curious to know whether COs are assigned to those who lodged their application in the first week of Jan.

Thanks Dugles, I'm not sure if I should call though as for a 189 visa the allocated time is up to 10 weeks. (it used to be 5 weeks then 7, and now it's 10!). I might just phone though as frustrated by the inactivity!

Hi Vcosta,

Your EOI was worth how many points?

Thanks,

IELTS - 12th Jan 2013, ACS cleared - 5th Mar 2013, EOI submitted(70 points) - 5th Mar 2013, Waiting for invitation - {Expecting invite on 18th March}

VAC2 payment is only for those whose spouse is not able to prove functional English requirement(for spouse). My wife did not give IELTS due to having small baby.

Congratulations.. :biggrin:

But were you even unable to produce a certificate from her college/univ to say that medium of instruction was english?

Hi everyone

I applied for my 189 on the 3rd Jan (10 weeks tomorrow)!!

Could someone please tell me when I'm likely to be assigned a CO and how fast things move from then on?

I have done everything......medical, police check, IELTS, skills assessment, uploaded all certified documents requested.

I am a Registered Nurse so keen to start looking for jobs in Oz but cant until the 189 is issued. FRUSTRATED ++++

I would hang tight VANESSA1974 - I lodged mine after you (Registered Midwife) and my CO only got in touch on the 11th March to request my medicals. As you have already done those, you may find your visa will get granted with no contact from a CO, as Ive seen that happen to a few people that lodged around the same time as you, on some other threads. Will keep fingers crossed for you and good luck xx

Hi Vcosta,

Your EOI was worth how many points?

Thanks,

IELTS - 12th Jan 2013, ACS cleared - 5th Mar 2013, EOI submitted(70 points) - 5th Mar 2013, Waiting for invitation - {Expecting invite on 18th March}

My EOI was for 65 points and I got the invite almost immediately, so you should be v quick on 70 points! :o)

Hi everyone

I applied for my 189 on the 3rd Jan (10 weeks tomorrow)!!

Could someone please tell me when I'm likely to be assigned a CO and how fast things move from then on?

I have done everything......medical, police check, IELTS, skills assessment, uploaded all certified documents requested.

I am a Registered Nurse so keen to start looking for jobs in Oz but cant until the 189 is issued. FRUSTRATED ++++

Hi Vanessa. I know exactly how you feel. It will be 10 weeks on Tuesday for me! I've heard nothing, and the worst part is I know that my medicals will be referred so I don't expect to go straight to getting the visa granted like some others, so I don't understand why I've heard nothing...The wait has been painfull!!! As soon as it hits 10 weeks (and if I still haven't heard), then I am phoning DIAC. Fingers crossed for you that if your medical was normal then you will soon go straight to getting the visa granted. Please let me know what happens! Victoria

My EOI was for 65 points and I got the invite almost immediately, so you should be v quick on 70 points! :o)

Yeah. But it doesn't matter during invite. DIAC sends invite twice in a month and next invite for this month is on 18th March, and applications worth 60 points are getting invitations as well(based on previous invitations). Though I am bit surprised to see you, even with 65 points, still hasn't got CO assigned yet. Almost 10 weeks !!

Hi Vanessa. I know exactly how you feel. It will be 10 weeks on Tuesday for me! I've heard nothing, and the worst part is I know that my medicals will be referred so I don't expect to go straight to getting the visa granted like some others, so I don't understand why I've heard nothing...The wait has been painfull!!! As soon as it hits 10 weeks (and if I still haven't heard), then I am phoning DIAC. Fingers crossed for you that if your medical was normal then you will soon go straight to getting the visa granted. Please let me know what happens! Victoria

hi vic..

what is meant by your medicals being referred? how would we know that it's to be "referred"?

thanks!

hi vic..

what is meant by your medicals being referred? how would we know that it's to be "referred"?

thanks!

This is my understanding (but I may be wrong)....The panel doctor (eg my doctor in the UK that performed my medical) has to give you a medical grade. If you are graded a "B" you have significant history relating to something and they send your medical info to the MOC (doctors for the DIAC) who then decide if they think it's ok, or if it is likely to be a condition that will be costly in the future (for the Oz government), in which case they might refuse the visa based on the medical.

If you are graded a B, it is "referred" to the MOC. Unfortunately if it gets referred it sounds like a 2-3 month wait for the MOC to check it. However, if you have an A grade then it does not get referred and you have no further delays on your visa re: the health requirement. I phoned the hospital where I had the medical done and they told me I had been given a grade B, so I know it will be referred (sob!), so I know I have another wait.

Hope that helps. V

This is my understanding (but I may be wrong)....The panel doctor (eg my doctor in the UK that performed my medical) has to give you a medical grade. If you are graded a "B" you have significant history relating to something and they send your medical info to the MOC (doctors for the DIAC) who then decide if they think it's ok, or if it is likely to be a condition that will be costly in the future (for the Oz government), in which case they might refuse the visa based on the medical.

If you are graded a B, it is "referred" to the MOC. Unfortunately if it gets referred it sounds like a 2-3 month wait for the MOC to check it. However, if you have an A grade then it does not get referred and you have no further delays on your visa re: the health requirement. I phoned the hospital where I had the medical done and they told me I had been given a grade B, so I know it will be referred (sob!), so I know I have another wait.

Hope that helps. V

This is not always true. My OH and I were told by the panel doctor we were being A graded but my OH was referred.

This is not always true. My OH and I were told by the panel doctor we were being A graded but my OH was referred.

Yes, I think (unfortunately) that some medicals graded "A" still get referred, but I think all "B" graded ones are ALL referred. Mine just got referred as expected! So now I'm in for a 12 week wait (or less hopefully!).

Hi All,

I submitted my EOI on 17th February and received an invite on 4th March. Visa application lodged on 16th March.

I found the uploading of documents to be a pain - the website kept freezing so every couple of documents I found I had to close the page and log in again in order to continue. All in all it took quite a while.

What I am curious about is that you are required to upload evidence of employment and qualifications and the drop-down boxes on the upload page refer to all manner of documents, most of which I had to submit for my VETASSESS skills assessment. Am I right in thinking I just need to upload copies of my VETASSESS certificates/letters that confirm that my qualifications and experience are suitable or do I need to supply reams of paperwork once again??

Am intending to wait for the CO to request medicals and police checks to allow the maximum amount of time to activate the visa.

Now starts the waiting game

H

We were invited to apply for our 189 on the 3rd December, we just uploaded the Vetassess certificates and letters to confirm the qualifications etc. We were assigned a case officer and asked to go for medicals and obtain police checks at the end of January. Our Police checks came back dated the 1st February 2013 and we had medicals on the 5th February 2013. Don't get these done until you are asked to as the 12 month clock starts ticking from the earliest date, in our case 1st February. Our medicals are now with the MOC - seems likely for a spot check as the hospital said there were no issues and our case officer can't confirm that they were referred. It is likely we will not get our grant now until early May due to delays with the MOC so that is 3 of our 12 months eaten up on waiting ... good luck