Case officer after 4 years and 2 months...there is hope

owensfamily

Hi everyone, much to my surprise I woke up this morning with an email from Adelaide processing centre with our case officer details and requesting we provide medicals and police checks within 28 days.

We applied in August 2008 (175) and have sat in the lowest priority processing pretty much from the start, obviously the news last month regarding Cat 5 applications gave us some hope but I only checked the allocation dates last week and it was still on December 2007 so we felt we had a while to go before we got a case officer, but today we have one which hasn't quite sunk in :biggrin:

Anyway just wanted to post this so others in similar situations are encouraged that DIAC are actually processing Cat 5's and it would seem are far ahead of what is posted on the allocation webpage.

Hi everyone, much to my surprise I woke up this morning with an email from Adelaide processing centre with our case officer details and requesting we provide medicals and police checks within 28 days.

We applied in August 2008 (175) and have sat in the lowest priority processing pretty much from the start, obviously the news last month regarding Cat 5 applications gave us some hope but I only checked the allocation dates last week and it was still on December 2007 so we felt we had a while to go before we got a case officer, but today we have one which hasn't quite sunk in :biggrin:

Anyway just wanted to post this so others in similar situations are encouraged that DIAC are actually processing Cat 5's and it would seem are far ahead of what is posted on the allocation webpage.

Well done!

Spare a thought for RMAs who have had clients jumping up and down for years and blaming them.

Congrats! That is really good news.. You can also post your good news to cat 5 thread to give more hope to all who are waiting for loooong years! All the best for you...

Wow! That was some wait! Congratulations! Also, good choice of State! I am always amazed at how much housing costs in other States. We have always had lovely, big quality houses with land in (Outer) Adelaide for really good prices and it is such a lovely, peaceful lifestyle here too. Best of luck with everything!

Guest katie007

DIAC said in a Statement that they was going to address as many as possible Cat5's by the end of 2012, so looks like they are living to their word.

I am so happy for you ... Big CONGRATULATIONS

Archived