Do you like being back? Will you go back to Aus?

wakeboard1980

For me, I like being back. Different outlook this time, we have the little one now so life as a whole is different. I'm actually enjoying it more now than I did for most of 2010. I'm looking forward to buying a house, when a bank will give me a mortgage at a decent rate (not a perm res so would have a rate sky high) and settling down for a while. I've had enough of moving around over the past 6-7 years.

Will we go back? Hopefully one day, Aus will always be home to me, this is just my adopted home, and saying that it has felt like that since I met my miss us here. Will always have strong connections to each country, would just like to spend a bit more of my adult life in Aus. Might not he until retirement.....but then I could buy a boat again and see out my days fishing with my mate. We already mentioned doing that once the kids are grown up.

So is being back in the UK as good for you, and your family if thats the case, as what you thought/wanted it to be?

215 views, 1 like and not 1 response. Come on guys, share your thoughts.

hopefully a balanced opinion ......i spent a fair while get on back on my feet in the u.k .......i love both places by the way ......oil and water i call it .

Could i leave the U.K now .....forever ....NO CHANCE .....

no london

no warwickshire

no europe

its not perfect .....its overcrowded .....too many immigrants ......too many mistakes by successive govts ......too much traffic

BUT STILL THE GREATEST SCENERY AND THINGS TO DO PACKED INTO ONE SMALL PACKAGE ON THE PLANET ....

i was all over rural northants today .......village after village that were truly beautiful ......the old churches .....the pubs .....general lifestyle and infastructure

i MISS A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT OZ ......BUT I WOULD MISS ENGLAND A LOT MORE .

Iam living the life on the road with work ......to see the England most people dont see , i feel very lucky.

The places fiona mentions , i see them at least once a fortnight ......MEIR .....TUNSTALL ...BURSLEM ....STONE .....ECCLESHALL ( nice place).....biddulph .....stockley green ......rudyard .....thats just one county .

So i feel i know the midlands quite well ........most people are doing o.k ......the grass is cut. so are the hedges .

I havent seen anyone mugged or shot .....lately ......LOL

Bit disappointing, isn't it? I thought it was a decent thread. It gets mentioned a lot so I thought you would get plenty of response. I didn't respond because for me it's "not applicable". TBH I didn't think your stay in the UK at the moment was as long term as that. Good luck with it

Yeh in it for the long haul now. And TBH I want to settle a bit, buy a house, get the garden going, make some more friends etc. Its good where we are now, but we are only renting. Only been here 2 and a bit months but I feel like its home. Might ask the question about buying this place and see what the landlord says in a couple of years.

I guess i never really moved there, backed out before we went through the visa, one minute i'm happy with where i am and the next i'm daydreaming about aus again lol.

quite worryingly i don't think i'll ever be happy where ever i am. Definately got issues me!

Edited by BritChickx

Yeh in it for the long haul now. And TBH I want to settle a bit, buy a house, get the garden going, make some more friends etc. Its good where we are now, but we are only renting. Only been here 2 and a bit months but I feel like its home. Might ask the question about buying this place and see what the landlord says in a couple of years.

dont get me wrong WB .....ive had my moments .....some tough times .

Knowing what i know .....and having seen a chunk of western europe and its accessibility , that alone would give me 2nd thoughts about leaving

Even if you hated the u.k with a passion ......you can be in paris in 90 mins ......amsterdam .....berlin .....need i go on

Hi

Been back a year and actually enjoying being back. I do miss a few things about Oz and if I ponder on it too long I wonder if we should have stayed but generally enjoy living in UK more than Australia. Really appreciate it here after being away, love my house here , having family around, the seasons, scenery etc but miss the beautiful blue skies and the beaches.

Would never rule out going back, it is a great country which is why we moved out in the first place, but dont have any plans just yet. Would love to retire out there.

One of the big positives, apart from the missus and little one, was being so close to Europe. There is still a mountain of places I want to go, and I will get to some of them sooner or later. I always said I would travel Aus before really anywhere else, I did that in 2004 so I want to hang around for a bit now and do Europe, USA etc from here, it's so much closer than Aus.

dont get me wrong WB .....ive had my moments .....some tough times .

Knowing what i know .....and having seen a chunk of western europe and its accessibility , that alone would give me 2nd thoughts about leaving

Even if you hated the u.k with a passion ......you can be in paris in 90 mins ......amsterdam .....berlin .....need i go on

I want to go fishing like Bobj does, every day of the week, when I'm his age. If pio is still around then I cam come on here and share my tales with the younger ones.

Hi

Been back a year and actually enjoying being back. I do miss a few things about Oz and if I ponder on it too long I wonder if we should have stayed but generally enjoy living in UK more than Australia. Really appreciate it here after being away, love my house here , having family around, the seasons, scenery etc but miss the beautiful blue skies and the beaches.

Would never rule out going back, it is a great country which is why we moved out in the first place, but dont have any plans just yet. Would love to retire out there.

Guest chris955

We love being back and going back to Australia isnt on our agenda anytime soon or at all. We are in a beautiful spot in a village, the kids really like their school and have made some really good friends. We miss a few things, mostly family and friends but apart from that not much. all in all it has been a fantastic move and everything has fallen into place.

Being back in the UK is great for me. We are financially fine at the moment and the little one gets to interact with her family and we get support from them. Another one on the way, and although some of my threads are depressing that is definitely due to mental health rather than my situation. I honestly hope never to return to Oz, to live anyway, it certainly helped get us on the right foot financially but emotionally it was not a positive move. Also, I get texts from people and meet people and do things socially which I never did in Oz ( I don't even know why I had a phone tbh). I actually cannot express how much happier I am here in UK (even though sometimes I don't sound it - again mental health).

However, I do miss my job and I don't think I will ever get a job I enjoy as much again - but maybe I will x x

I guess i never really moved there, backed out before we went through the visa, one minute i'm happy with where i am and the next i'm daydreaming about aus again lol.

quite worryingly i don't think i'll ever be happy where ever i am. Definately got issues me!

You haven't though, when you think of oz you think of the best bits and reject the bits that you did not enjoy, when you are in oz it's the same...that is why there are so many ping pong poms, it's human nature gal, try and remember the grass is not always greener.

I want to go fishing like Bobj does, every day of the week, when I'm his age. If pio is still around then I cam come on here and share my tales with the younger ones.

Uncle in coverack Cornwall goes fishing with his mate almost every day on their shared boat, even sells fish to restaurants.

Heya,

I love being back, although work opportunities a bit scarce which is stressful! Brought my Aussie OH back with me, don't think he likes it tbh, but I couldn't settle in OZ Either so just hoping we can come to some idea of compromise. I like OZ and could go back one day but only we had enough money to buy a house out there, without chaining ourselves to a gigantic mortgage, which would have to be at least a couple of decades away!

For me Oz is a perfect place for holidays and extended stays ( I was there 3 years) but I couldn't see a long term future there, bit I will always love it's cosmopolitan vibe.

I like being back, but have my moments when I see the blue skies on friends facebook pics.

Kids love being here and love their schools.

Would I go back ? Not to Perth as I feel I have done it. Maybe visit the other coast , but then maybe not.

TOo many other places mch closer to visit.

They ain't swimming in it they are fishing in it lol, he catches bass, cod, mackerel, sharks, ling and conger of the wrecks, all sorts to be fair.

I realise that, but different fish in different temps. Blue water.....warm temps.....I will let the ones you call grandpa (or whatever it is you call them) to explain.

They sound like good fish but I would rather the ones that Bobj catches TBH.

I like being back, but have my moments when I see the blue skies on friends facebook pics.

Kids love being here and love their schools.

Would I go back ? Not to Perth as I feel I have done it. Maybe visit the other coast , but then maybe not.

TOo many other places mch closer to visit.

Thats one of the big positives for me.