A true dilemma

SimoneAL

I have been thnking long and hard about this and I still haven't made up my mind....:arghh:

Shall I grow my hair long?

I am over 40 now and there is this common idea about long hair been connected to mIddle age crisis...

Shall I go for it?

Anybody else with middle age crisis and/or long hair? :biglaugh:

What do you think?

I am 37 and therefore just about in mid-life crisis territory, and have very long dark hair. Wouldn't cut it for anything! my mil thinks I should get it cut, but it is so much easier to wear it long.

I see you have a 'Grok' as your avatar. Is that a Primal Blueprint thing?

Love long hair on men too, providing it is clean and you have the right sort of hair and look for it. My OH's hair is blonde and wiry, kind of like a Brillo pad, plus he is more cardigan and slippers than leather jacketed rock God, so long hair on him would just look ridiculous!

By the way, I am a man! :elvis:

I know the name is tricky, I am actually Italian.... :cute:

Are you really a man? Well in that case its a definate NO to long hair, thats a no, definately, absolutely no way to men over 40 with long hair unless you are auditioning to become a member of the band status quo!

Are you really a man? Well in that case its a definate NO to long hair, thats a no, definately, absolutely no way to men over 40 with long hair unless you are auditioning to become a member of the band status quo!

Dave Grohl is over 40 and can pull off long hair, but it does depend somewhat on your cool factor I guess.

Grow it, you can always have it cut off, LKC mentioned Dave Grohl now he is seriously cool with his long shaggy hair ..... I wouldn´t advise it if it is grey and thinning, but if you have a good head of hair why not ..... as I said you can always have it cut off.

My son grew his a few years ago and it looked really good, I think it depends also on your coolness on the whole, some men suit long hair and some don´t, my OH would not suit it, I think the trick also is to keep it trimmed regularly and keep it to a Bob length, like Dave Grohl, some men let it grow to Jesus length and it get´s knotted and can look horrible ....

Johnny Depp suits longish hairimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuiT5f-918UlL3oomyO0yk7HX0nQWz0XilIi8E81AOnd8SWjWp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcH9-Exe11Viv_Jnk8ytr3w4KEqqXOxXegERJiBWDjonLCQEFd

Grow it, you can always have it cut off, LKC mentioned Dave Grohl now he is seriously cool with his long shaggy hair ..... I wouldn´t advise it if it is grey and thinning, but if you have a good head of hair why not ..... as I said you can always have it cut off.

My son grew his a few years ago and it looked really good, I think it depends also on your coolness on the whole, some men suit long hair and some don´t, my OH would not suit it, I think the trick also is to keep it trimmed regularly and keep it to a Bob length, like Dave Grohl, some men let it grow to Jesus length and it get´s knotted and can look horrible ....

I agree with Love Shoes - grow it and see what it looks like, you can always have it cut off. As someone (female) who has spent her life growing her hair and having it cut short I can confidently advise though that you need to find yourself a good hairdresser to style it while you grow it out.

My mum is 45 and has quite long hair, me i'm 21 and it's soo short, but that's because it's SO hard to grow without it looking tatty! I will do it one day but right now it's easier to chop it off lol. If you want it longer then doooo it!

sorry just assumed you were a woman but you're not so apologies! You can still grow your hair though! Before I met my boyfriend he had long hair, but chopped it off by the time we had met lol, couldn't imagine him with long hair now but if he wanted to grow it again i'd be supportive about it. It's not my hair after all.

This morning I said to my wife "what about growing my hair long?".

The reply was a sound of disgust, her facial expression seemed to say "What sort of middle age idiot can have an idea like that?!?":shocked:She has always been great in giving feedback.

HOWEVER! She made a good point after that sound of disgust. My hair grows in volume, it gets higher rather than longer down my shoulder.

I have thick black hair with hardly any gray. And this in my opinion is part of the problem, well the reason why I am thinking of growing my hair. I HAVE to cut my hair short not to look too bushy but with short hair I look at least 10 years younger.

Is this a bad thing? Yes, people tend to think I am more junior at work than I actually am, and overall it makes me look immature rather well "preserved" or fit. A colleague (woman) who knows my age once asked why do I dye my hair.

Still undecided...

Archived