London 2012: Olympics

StevieF8

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it untill they started with god save the queen,cba with all the royalist stuff as you know.

Not watching at the mo,will go down and catch the rest in a bit,but yes i agree, been very impressive up to now,with more to come in the way of surprises its been hinted at.

Theres a lot i dont like about some of the side issues of these olympics tbh,but tonight and while the games are on arent the time to bring them up,there here,the opening ceremony has been very good up till now and hopefuly the games will be excellent

Watched it untill they started with god save the queen,cba with all the royalist stuff as you know.

Not watching at the mo,will go down and catch the rest in a bit,but yes i agree, been very impressive up to now,with more to come in the way of surprises its been hinted at.

Theres a lot i dont like about some of the side issues of these olympics tbh,but tonight and while the games are on arent the time to bring them up,there here,the opening ceremony has been very good up till now and hopefuly the games will be excellent

Nice one :yes:

im not exactly a royalist either but i found myself humming along to god save the queen lol liked the bit where she was with with james bond!

aye an nae wan bloody jock in the fitba team:mad: heap o sh7te:mad:

Think they might have put one in just to try and get the scots to unite behind the team instead of the england under 21 team with the former under 21 manager and a couple of welsh players who play in england!

Nice one :yes:

Well theyre here now mate,best to make the most of them eh

Tbh Andy i did a little straw poll in work today,working on an old warehouse in the city centre,was on the scaff pointing a vestibule outside a big room the lads have made a canteen,so i had the steel doors open so i could point.

There was about 15 to 20 in there of various ages,i said "so are yez gonna be watching the ceremony?are yer arsed about the olympics?"

A few replied in different ways but it was more or less the same meaning as one said,IE "nah,its not for us is it"

I said "what d'yer mean,because its London?" he said "yeah its always ...ing London innit,new wembley could have been in the centre of the country ,in staffs maybe,but nah its gotta be ...ing London hasnt it"

I said "maybe on the national stadium one yeah,BUT theres plenty of merseyside athletes competing in the games,wont yer watch them?"

Answer off most of them was "yeah,we'l watch the boxers from liverpool,but the games are all for London,no one else"

I said "well nowhere else is realy big enuf,plus i think the olympic commitee decreed it had to be a capital city that won it"no answer!

Anyway,it showed me theres a fair bit of apathy amongst some,me?like i say theres some issues i might bring up after the games,but like i say,it would be churlish not to try and enjoy them

Think they might have put one in just to try and get the scots to unite behind the team instead of the england under 21 team with the former under 21 manager and a couple of welsh players who play in england!

To be honest the football in the olympic games does nothing for me, i watched the last 10 minutes of the England game last night and could not get up for it at all, also the fans were booing Bellamy so god knows what people from other countries thought of that, so called football fans cannot even put their differences aside for the olympic games, sad really.

Should av been held in Birmingham though.

Pretty sure it had to go to a capital city tbh,and if your honest would yer want all the hassle/traffic jams because of olympic lanes to go with bus lanes,bicycle lanes etc etc?maybe one day they'l build car lanes:twitcy:

Listening to a cpl of plumbers in London on the radio the other day,they'd sat in traffic for a few hours trying to get to work,they decided to turn round and go home and not work while the games were on,too much time in traffic jams so just not worth them attempting it,so to be fair there IS disadvantages to Londoners as well as the kudos of hosting the games

Pretty sure it had to go to a capital city tbh,and if your honest would yer want all the hassle/traffic jams because of olympic lanes to go with bus lanes,bicycle lanes etc etc?maybe one day they'l build car lanes:twitcy:

Listening to a cpl of plumbers in London on the radio the other day,they'd sat in traffic for a few hours trying to get to work,they decided to turn round and go home and not work while the games were on,too much time in traffic jams so just not worth them attempting it,so to be fair there IS disadvantages to Londoners as well as the kudos of hosting the games

It would have been just as good or even better outside of London , the world would still have turned up and the games wud ave lost nothing once unde way, don't agree with you on that one.

Edited by Perthbum