Dont meet health requirements

stacyamy

Well, after 2 months of anxious waiting, finally got the dreaded email yesterday confirming I dont meet health requirements and therefore our visa is likely to be refused. The only shed of light is if my OH's company sign a waiver saying they will be responsible for any future medical bills (which they have estimated at around $103,000), we will be allowed in, which I doubt very much they would do.

Looks like the end of our dream is near :(.

Thanks to all who helped with advice ect and good luck to all who's journey is just beginning.

Maybe we will try again in a couple of years.

Guest rubenmircea

Hello

I am very sorry to hear such a thing. Can you please explain what can it be so serious that they could not overlook and grat you the medicals ?

Thank you

Ruben

Well, after 2 months of anxious waiting, finally got the dreaded email yesterday confirming I dont meet health requirements and therefore our visa is likely to be refused. The only shed of light is if my OH's company sign a waiver saying they will be responsible for any future medical bills (which they have estimated at around $103,000), we will be allowed in, which I doubt very much they would do.

Looks like the end of our dream is near :(.

Thanks to all who helped with advice ect and good luck to all who's journey is just beginning.

Maybe we will try again in a couple of years.

So sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you do get to follow your dreams in the next few years. xx

Guest trasi

so sorry to hear that, like others have said, i really hope you find a way of overcoming this...

sending :hug: to you all xx

This is why i think medicals should be the FIRST step in the visa process... Having them at the end make no sense... You spend Thousands of pounds, take exams, travel for exams, Time ,stress and worry and then right at the end when you can almost taste the carrot they whip it away from you!!!!

So sorry i think it sucks!!

Hi Ruben

Its because they beleive I will need dialysis followed by a transplant in the next few years. Costly I know but like Perthbum said we were willing to pay top whack insurance.

And Kinmsdu I totally agree.

The only saving grace is as we applied on a 457 it wasnt as costly (was originally going to try on a skilled visa 176).

Thanks everyone for your kind words. As devastated as we are we are going to revert to plan B ... try again after my treatment.

Hi Ruben

Its because they beleive I will need dialysis followed by a transplant in the next few years. Costly I know but like Perthbum said we were willing to pay top whack insurance.

The only saving grace is as we applied on a 457 it wasnt as costly (was originally going to try on a skilled visa 176).

Thanks everyone for your kind words. As devastated as we are we are going to revert to plan B ... try again after my treatment.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you but I am also not surprised. My husband has Stage 3 kidney disease too but he was able to return to Australia in 2008 because he is Australian. I have to say that the standard of care here that he has received has been excellent but the cost has been nowhere near what they are estimating in your case and he pays for his own medication! However, we have suffered here as a result of his condition. We are unable to get any form of life insurance for him other than accidental death insurance, inspite of the fact that his consultant and GP have both written to prospective insurers saying that he is unlikely to pop his clogs as a result of the disease as his kidney function has been stabilised for some time through appropriate medication.... They won't even cover him for other illnesses that are completely unrelated to kidney disease such as cancers. If we had known this before we arrived we wouldn't have cancelled his UK life policy. He has jokingly said that if he gets anything terminal then he will manufacture an accident so the kids and I get the mortgage paid off! Black humour I know but if you didn't laugh you'd cry!

I sincerely hope that either Australia changes its discriminatory immigration policies or your condition improves such that you can pass the medical!

All the best!

" QUOTE" I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you but I am also not surprised. My husband has Stage 3 kidney disease too but he was able to return to Australia in 2008 because he is Australian. I have to say that the standard of care here that he has received has been excellent but the cost has been nowhere near what they are estimating in your case and he pays for his own medication! However, we have suffered here as a result of his condition. We are unable to get any form of life insurance for him other than accidental death insurance, inspite of the fact that his consultant and GP have both written to prospective insurers saying that he is unlikely to pop his clogs as a result of the disease as his kidney function has been stabilised for some time through appropriate medication.... They won't even cover him for other illnesses that are completely unrelated to kidney disease such as cancers. If we had known this before we arrived we wouldn't have cancelled his UK life policy. He has jokingly said that if he gets anything terminal then he will manufacture an accident so the kids and I get the mortgage paid off! Black humour I know but if you didn't laugh you'd cry!

I sincerely hope that either Australia changes its discriminatory immigration policies or your condition improves such that you can pass the medical! "

Totally agree hun. Thanks for your post.

As frustrating as it is I do kind of agree and respect the reasons why. Just wish this country had some kind of rules in place!

how about New Zealand, are they more flexible?

Would love NZ but my OH doesnt fancy it, hes got family in Perth and so wanted to be near them :frown:. Do you reckon they would let me in though needing pre transplant??

Would love NZ but my OH doesnt fancy it, hes got family in Perth and so wanted to be near them :frown:. Do you reckon they would let me in though needing pre transplant??

NZ is a lot closer to Perth than the UK/

But I really have no idea if they will accept people that need a transplant.,

Possibly it could be a stepping stone to oz? I am under the impression that i have the right to live and work in NZ with my ozzie PR, but maybe not the otherway around. Still could be easier to get the papers if u are in NZ?

You could investigate if you are determined to get down under - dont leave any stone unturned!

My friend lives in Auckland and loves it there.

Hi Ruben

Go for it gal and keep your chin up, you have a loving family who will support you whatever you do.

Sorry to hear that news stacyamy - and at this late stage of the game, it's a real bum*er. As others have said, it would be better if this was at an earleir part of the proceedings, not only to save money but also time and stress.

Hope you do find a way of following your dream :hug:

Archived