WA SS any news?

shabo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but, DIAC has no rule that said 2 EOIs per applicant is not allowed.

That's true, they cannot make such rule unless they ask some of the states to be open. Eg SA said as part of their requirement for nomination that applicants select only SA & one visa type in their EOI.

Thanks, I will prefer WA but since the AIM is to get OZ PR, I have lodged another EOI & will apply for SA SS ASAP.

Submitting multiple EOIs would not be proper. Generally the States require disclosure if one has applied for any other State as well for the sponsorship. So would you want to lie by saying no ?

That's true, they cannot make such rule unless they ask some of the states to be open. Eg SA said as part of their requirement for nomination that applicants select only SA & one visa type in their EOI.

The States are at liberty to sponsor whomever they want to. They would want to sponsor only people who are genuinely interested to settle in that State. So they may not want to sponsor people who are open to any State and hence have a condition that only their State to be selected in the EOI.

DIAC can't ask the States to consider applicants who don't have a preference w.r.t any particular State.

Guest Levimouse

I'm afraid I agree with walkwater regarding the 2 EOIs. I don't think the system would have been setup so that you could select multiple visa types in one EOI if you were then to be allowed to have multiple EOIs.

Does SA not have financial requirements for sponsorship?

I'm afraid I agree with walkwater regarding the 2 EOIs. I don't think the system would have been setup so that you could select multiple visa types in one EOI if you were then to be allowed to have multiple EOIs.

Does SA not have financial requirements for sponsorship?

They have, I was mislead by the info on WA website. I am hoping they ask me to increase my stake. In the meantime, plan B activated.

Guest Levimouse

I really don't think lodging 2 EOI's is right. You are effectively bypassing the requirement from WA to only select them for SS thereby unfairly gaining an advantage over others who are following the rules.

I will be the 1st to apologise if someone can show I'm wrong but would DIAC not consider this misinformation (albeit is WA's requirement to select only one state)?

I really don't think lodging 2 EOI's is right. You are effectively bypassing the requirement from WA to only select them for SS thereby unfairly gaining an advantage over others who are following the rules.

I will be the 1st to apologise if someone can show I'm wrong but would DIAC not consider this misinformation (albeit is WA's requirement to select only one state)?

Lodging 2 EOIs would tantamount to breaking DIAC rules. I guess DIAC will have a mechanism to trace duplicate EOIs. As one is supposed to fill up so many information in the EOI, it is very simple to check for duplicate EOIs from the database using any of unique value string.

While the State may not know if one has submitted multiple EOIs and applied to other States as well, it is grossly wrong to lie on the application. WA and SA both require that the applicant select only their State on the EOI.

Guest Levimouse
Lodging 2 EOIs would tantamount to breaking DIAC rules. I guess DIAC will have a mechanism to trace duplicate EOIs. As one is supposed to fill up so many information in the EOI, it is very simple to check for duplicate EOIs from the database using any of unique value string.

While the State may not know if one has submitted multiple EOIs and applied to other States as well, it is grossly wrong to lie on the application. WA and SA both require that the applicant select only their State on the EOI.

Agreed. It would be so simple to identify multiple EOIs, although I'm surprised they haven't stated more obviously that it's not allowed.

Personally I wouldn't like to see anyone banned from skillselect for breaking the rules, and surely if you entered 2 EOI the system would pickup the same name address and other details... Best of luck to everyone in the coming week....

Yes, I also don't want to see anybody having to face such a situation, that would be horrible. But we have be careful and not make wilful mistakes.

Totally agreed with walkwater. Please never ever try to break DIAC rules. they can track in fractions and gun down. For sake of quoting 17000 in WA application, going to this decision is strongly not advisable.. WA is being so flexible at all the time.. Hope they wont take it as a reason of rejection...

It's not a DIAC rule not to submit multiple EOIs. Through DIAC's migration blog here: http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au, they have previously confirmed:

You can submit more than one EOI, and this will not disqualify you from receiving invitations.

So you wouldn't be breaking any rules to submit more than one EOI. However, if you're doing so to make yourself available to more than one state, it would be fair to say that you are misleading each state government into believing that you are committed to their state and nobody else's. For example, South Australia give the following reason for a potential refusal of an application:

15.1.1 You have chosen multiple states in your EOI (please note: applicants must choose “SA” only in their EOI)

If they were to find out that you have indicated you're only interested in sponsorship from them (a requirement for a successful SA sponsorship application) but have then lodged other EOIs behind their back, saying the same thing to different states, I'd imagine it is within their power to revoke sponsorship. DIAC would then consider you to have submitted an invalid EOI and refuse your visa application.

We don't know how much information the states can and can't see, or how much information they share with each other, so it's a dangerous game to play, and certainly outside of the spirit of a fair application process for everyone, in my opinion.

Good to see all states being as limited. Also good to see only 8000 EOIs have been succesfully submitted (or was that just smilled? I don't remember) instead of a number being over 80k already as the EOI numbers suggested.

Oh well... The waiting game seem to be postponed until september.

Hi guys,

My occupation is not even listed in their report for July occupational ceilings.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/pdf/skillselect-activity-summary-july-2012.pdf

It is listed on the Occupational Ceiling list on the Skills select website. (the tab directly under their report!!) :wacko: I've seen so many lists of occupations for different states I'm getting really frustrated. Can anyone shed any light on why the list used in the report is not the same list of SOL??

Thanks

Guest Levimouse
Hi guys,

My occupation is not even listed in their report for July occupational ceilings.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/pdf/skillselect-activity-summary-july-2012.pdf

It is listed on the Occupational Ceiling list on the Skills select website. (the tab directly under their report!!) :wacko: I've seen so many lists of occupations for different states I'm getting really frustrated. Can anyone shed any light on why the list used in the report is not the same list of SOL??

Thanks

I think it's because they have only listed on the July report those occupations that have been invited. Yours can't have had anyone invited under it but it is still on the CSOL.

Guest Levimouse
It's not a DIAC rule not to submit multiple EOIs. Through DIAC's migration blog here: http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au, they have previously confirmed:

So you wouldn't be breaking any rules to submit more than one EOI.

Littlefoot I cannot find on this link where DIAC have stated that. Would you mind pointing to exactly where this was stated please? I think others would find it useful to have this completely clear.

Hi guys,

Thanks

No person with your nominated occupation would have scored 75 points which was the minimum point score of the ones invited in the first round(or if they had 75 points, but still ranked below the one's invited with 75 points due to difference in time of lodgment of EOI)

Archived