Got to live outside Perth Metropolian area for my sponsored visa......can anyone help me??

smw

Hi,

As part of my sponsored visa for Western Australia, i have to live outside the metropolitan area...im really struggling to make sense of this. Its a bit hard to work out where this is, i seem to have found places i think are outside this, but they are a long, long, long way out of Perth.

Anyone help me?!!!

Steph

Hi,

As part of my sponsored visa for Western Australia, i have to live outside the metropolitan area...im really struggling to make sense of this. Its a bit hard to work out where this is, i seem to have found places i think are outside this, but they are a long, long, long way out of Perth.

Anyone help me?!!!

Steph

We thought we were going to have to go regional but we have been able to file for 176. When we were looking we looked at Mandurah 70km south of perth classed as regional, we also looked at Bunbury and Albany but decided Mandurah would be better for us as it was close to perth even if we could not live or work in perth at least we were only 1 hour away ! Housing is so cheap as well. Ali

Albany is beautiful (as is Denmark, though a small population live there), we were thinking of there, one day maybe, has a half decent population as well, and its by the Sea! :jiggy:

Yeah, but that is a very long way from Perth and bloody cold and wet. Very pretty and nice to visit, but if you want access to Perth then not great. A lot of regional people head for Mandurah because it's only 50 mins to Perth

Guest guest17301

It depends what kind of lifestyle youre after......climate....town or city....coastal..village etc etc...more, much more to WA than Perth and only consider Mandurah if you know you want to be near Perth imo

If you want warmer weather go north cooler weather go south, give us your wish list and we can iffer up some more areas to look at...

Guest guest17301

Yes, I do recall hearing that the whole of WA had been reclassified as a regional area recently...thought Id heard wrong

Hiya,

Really?!!..we have been told as part of the 489 visa sponsorhip criteria, we must live outside Metropolitan Perth...are they telling us porkies?!!

No you don't.

Hey Fiona,

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. Im a Butcher and works seems to be ok for me in most places. Its the other half, he works as a credit officer/analyst so he needs good links to the CBD. Happy to live anywhere to be honest as long as there are decent rail links

Thanks

Steph

It depends what kind of lifestyle youre after......climate....town or city....coastal..village etc etc...more, much more to WA than Perth and only consider Mandurah if you know you want to be near Perth imo

If you want warmer weather go north cooler weather go south, give us your wish list and we can iffer up some more areas to look at...

Hey Rupert,

cheers for the help...checked that map out last night....its going to be a long process to get our heads round...some places are miles out!!

Steph

There is a list of postcodes on the immigration website that you can refer to. Obviously WA is very big and some regional places will be a long way from Perth.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived