New Consolidated Skilled Occupations List

Alan Collett

Guest Guest68570

My job when I am finished training is on the list. But what I dont understand is do you now have to be sponsered by the state or an employer in order to gain entry into Australia? Instead of GSM. And what happened to the points test?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The State skilled occupation lists can comprise any occupation from the CSOL - but I anticipate must be agreed by DIAC and will continue to be limited in the number of sponsorships per occupation available annually.

I believe all the occupations on the general SOL are included on the CSOL.

Best regards.

The State skilled occupation lists can comprise any occupation from the CSOL - but I anticipate must be agreed by DIAC and will continue to be limited in the number of sponsorships per occupation available annually.

I believe all the occupations on the general SOL are included on the CSOL.

Best regards.

Good news for me :biggrin: Once again, thank you for your wise words

My job when I am finished training is on the list. But what I dont understand is do you now have to be sponsered by the state or an employer in order to gain entry into Australia? Instead of GSM. And what happened to the points test?

You don't have to be sponsored by anyone, so long as you have an occupation on the main SOL - but you are then in the pool under the EoI model, and may not get a visa at all.

The points test still pertains if you are applying for a subclass 189 or 190 visa.

I suggest you read the SkillSelect webpages at immi.gov.au

Best regards.

Guest Guest68570

yes it would be a 189 visa I would need. So I dont need to be sponsered but I do need to pass the points test. Is this visa going to be scraped or will this continue after 1st July.

yes it would be a 189 visa I would need. So I dont need to be sponsered but I do need to pass the points test. Is this visa going to be scraped or will this continue after 1st July.

The 189 is a brand new visa subclass starting 1 July 2012.

As advised read the information - all the information on the new visa subclasses is on Skillselct page.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Guest Guest68570

That all sounds good for me when I am qualified. But how easy will it be to get an invitation for it.

Thanks for the link btw.

That all sounds good for me when I am qualified.

But how easy will it be to get an invitation for it.

Thanks for the link btw.

There's no certainty you'll be invited to apply - it will be dependent on how your application ranks relative to others.

Again, read the SkillSelect webpages: you need to do some further research at the immi website rather than simply asking on this forum.

Best regards.

Oh crikey!

My daughter's successful vetassess paperwork arrived yesterday from Oz - for office manager.

It looks like this has now been removed from the list - so having got the bit of paper, am I right in thinking that it is now totally worthless??? Money down the drain ???

Why would vetassess continue to assess people with the job being removed - that is appalling :realmad:

Oh Val, I am really sorry to hear that!!!!! I wish I could say I am surprised, but unfortunately the longer I stay in this "process" nothing surprises me any more. I am sure there is a way round it, perhaps your daughter can speak to an agent to see the best way forward. At least with the assessment she could apply for a sponsor as she has a positive assessment which shows that she can do the job etc. I am trying to turn every negative into a positive as I think they really try to sort out the most determined amongst us.

Wishing you All the best of Luck.

We'll fight back - no doubt about that - we are determined :ssign10:
Well done for not giving in. Sorry to hear the news. Thing is Val where there's a will there will be way in one way or another it may be worth seeing if she can either top up with another course or seeing if her skill set will also fit another occupation - or would she be a last remaining relative once your other daughter gets over? Sending :hug:

Guest Guest68570
There's no certainty you'll be invited to apply - it will be dependent on how your application ranks relative to others.

Again, read the SkillSelect webpages: you need to do some further research at the immi website rather than simply asking on this forum.

Best regards.

I have read but as a drama teacher with 1 years experience personally, what do you think my chances would be? Good or bad?

Hi Alan

Just seen that the new occupation ceilings have been announced. As Office Manager has been removed from the lists why has it been allocated 9600 places?? Do you have any idea why this would be, especially consider the number is pretty high?

Thanks

Shelly

Guest Longtime Lurker
Hi Alan

Just seen that the new occupation ceilings have been announced. As Office Manager has been removed from the lists why has it been allocated 9600 places?? Do you have any idea why this would be, especially consider the number is pretty high?

Thanks

Shelly

It doesn't make sense does it? Perhaps it means there might some hope for those who have had their skills assessment for this occupation and are yet to apply for a visa. Fingers crossed it might mean office manager was missed off as a mistake? Here's hoping!

Just been reading the report and office manager is clearly there but is this a mistake or is the published CSOL list the mistake? I would think theat the occupation ceilings bit is wrong for some reason - don't want to raise my daughter's hopes only to be wrong :confused:

I have everything crossed for you x

The EOI website has allowed my daughter to submit her application - as an office manager :tongue:

It may well be that it goes no further but the site let her submit so we've given it a go - now we wait :laugh:

You really couldn't make it up could you? Keeping everything crossed for you and your daughter Val.

The EOI website has allowed my daughter to submit her application - as an office manager :tongue:

It may well be that it goes no further but the site let her submit so we've given it a go - now we wait :laugh:

Now she has lodged EOI hopefully she will be able to apply for SS with WA on Monday, when they reopen applications.

The list is as bad as a one that immi have ever managed to come up with. Apparently we are in a mining boom, but the number for mining engineers is 600 and geologists 840. But hairdressers get 3960. WTF.

If you guys from immi read this. Please go away and have a long sleep and start taking the medication again.

The list is as bad as a one that immi have ever managed to come up with. Apparently we are in a mining boom, but the number for mining engineers is 600 and geologists 840. But hairdressers get 3960. WTF.

If you guys from immi read this. Please go away and have a long sleep and start taking the medication again.

Yes, But "cook" is only1800 even it was pretty popular "job" for getting visa in those days.

I guess, the number may consider the possibility of "employment sponsor visa".

Chef/cook can get sponsor from their work easy nowadays. If Immigration received so many sponsor visa from those kind of industries, they don't have to give a huge number... Cos sponsor visa has condition which the nominee has to work for the sponsor for two years(RSMS) or more(ENS)....