New SOL for independent and family sponsored Australian Migration

Waitingawhile

Guest ronkhu

I think i am screwed as my earlier skill as assessed by ACS was under SOL2 and i dont see that skill listed in this list.

If you are applying for State sponsorship then the relevant state sponsorship list is the one that matters alongwith SOL2. This one is SOL1 which is relevant for 175 and FS 176 applicants. I think SOL2 shall be published in a couple of days....

I think i am screwed as my earlier skill as assessed by ACS was under SOL2 and i dont see that skill listed in this list.

Guest ronkhu

The issue is that I had applied for assessment with ACS for the BA role but they said that my experience matches only with the CIO role hence CIO role is under SOL2 which means I have to apply for SS and getting an SS before 30th June is not a possibility by any means.

So, now, I am at the mercy of SOL2 for 2012 and if my occupation is not listed there then my dream for OZ would be shattered.

Guest Allena

ronkhu, you may try applying to WA SS, it takes only 4 business days to get! Just to be on a safe side.

I am glad accountants are still on the SOL list!!! Yipeeee.

Guest The Pom Queen

So removed we have

Chemist - 234211

Audiologist - 252711

Bricklayer - 331111

Wall and Floor Tiler - 333411

A sad day for tradies.

Indeed. Let's hope SOL2 doesn't change too much either. Gutted for anyone affected by the changes.

So removed we have

Chemist - 234211

Audiologist - 252711

Bricklayer - 331111

Wall and Floor Tiler - 333411

A sad day for tradies.

Guest ronkhu
ronkhu, you may try applying to WA SS, it takes only 4 business days to get! Just to be on a safe side.

I am glad accountants are still on the SOL list!!! Yipeeee.

WA has also stopped accepting applications post 8th June.

Guest Illumanati2

just about to send application to TRA- Im a wall and floor tiler......looks grim for me

looks like theres no point wasting any money now

New Zealand anyone?

If we're already on the existing list and have applied and been allocated a case officer, does it not matter if we're no longer on the list? (My occupation still seems to be on this new one, but thought I'd check!). I belted through the application process to get in before the deadline, lots of panicking!

If we're already on the existing list and have applied and been allocated a case officer, does it not matter if we're no longer on the list? (My occupation still seems to be on this new one, but thought I'd check!). I belted through the application process to get in before the deadline, lots of panicking!

This is what it says about existing applications:

"Visa applications that will be affected by the updated SOL

The updated SOL will apply to all new independent (unsponsored) and family sponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2012 unless they are from applicants eligible for transitional arrangements. Applications lodged before 1 July 2012 with a nominated occupation that is no longer on the SOL in effect from 1 July 2012 will continue to be processed. Priority processing arrangements may however change for certain applicants according to the Ministerial Direction on priority processing."

so in order to apply for a 489 visa (Provisional visa for skilled workers who are nominated by a state/territory government or an eligible relative(i.e. my brother)), my occupation must be on this new updated family sponsored SOL?

Yes But I told you this before http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/151577-visa-489-regional-provisional.html#post1935840709

If your occupation is not on this list - and want to apply for 489 - you will require State Sponsorship, if your occupation is on the Consolodated SOL

just about to send application to TRA- Im a wall and floor tiler......looks grim for me

looks like theres no point wasting any money now

New Zealand anyone?

"The updated SOL will apply to all new independent (unsponsored) and family sponsored skilled migration applications lodged on or after 1 July 2012"

This just affects these visa's in particular, you can still go for state sponsorship or try to get sponsored by an employer,check out various different states websites WA have their own SOL list it changes monthly so hopefully the brickies and tilers can hang on there untill the demand picks up again in the rest of Oz best of luck

They are going to introduce a CSOL - Consolodated SOL, which will include occupations available for State SPonsorship also ENS and RSMS.

Each state has their own State Migration Plan with occupations that if you meet the criteria they will sponsor/nominate you for- therefore if your occupation will need to be on the new CSOL when it is announced, and a SMP to beable to be invited for a visa.

Archived