The HOFFS UK summer weather forecast.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My son has just phoned from the Leeds festival, it was forecast a deluge ...... All day long, he said it hadn't rained once, hurray for the useless weather donkey forecasters, lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you define as hot and what is the most desirable temperature? I read somewhere once that 20 to 22 celcius was optimum for human beings. Sydneys winters at 16c are lovely, best time of the year.

I think someone of you on here will be very disappointed when you get to Oz and sample the hot summer weather. Sure it looks good on a postcard and is ok for a couple of weeks holiday, but working in heat every day, beating down on your head. You may find your praying for rain, or hiding inside with the air con on.

Be careful anyone who is bald like Jim too, make sure you wear a hat otherwise the intense heat out here will boil your brains.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think 25 to 30 is about right for me, I was happy when it was in the early 30s in Perth and Brisbane, when it's 20 here in the UK in the shade or a bit of a breeze it can feel colder, but we haven't had much sun, this thread was started because someone said they felt cold when it was 23 degrees in Australia, so I used that as a bench mark, would anyone want to go to the coast here in the UK and lay on the beach, or swim in the sea if it was below 23 degrees? I know I wouldn't.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
What do you define as hot and what is the most desirable temperature? I read somewhere once that 20 to 22 celcius was optimum for human beings. Sydneys winters at 16c are lovely, best time of the year.

I think someone of you on here will be very disappointed when you get to Oz and sample the hot summer weather. Sure it looks good on a postcard and is ok for a couple of weeks holiday, but working in heat every day, beating down on your head. You may find your praying for rain, or hiding inside with the air con on.

Be careful anyone who is bald like Jim too, make sure you wear a hat otherwise the intense heat out here will boil your brains.

Full head of hair me matey, we're you looking in the mirror at your comb over? This only picture of you, is inconclusive, you might be bald at the front, your definately bald at the ........ rear, lol

snow_angel.jpg

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hoffmeister 27 hot 65 not Loser

ckl2011......24 hot 68 not Loser

GF Hull ......22 hot 70 not Loser

Shellyk666..25 hot 67 not Loser

RandL ........29 hot 63 not Loser

l1sa ...........21 hot 71 not Loser

fleabo ........19 hot 73 not

Perthbum ...93 hot 00 not Loser

Shell15 ......13 hot 79 not Loser

P&D ............5 hot 87 not Loser

fifi69 ..........20 hot 72 not Loser

WhoIam .......7 hot 85 not Loser

Tonyman ....11 hot 81 not Loser

Wakeboard .16 hot 76 not Loser

Stevie ........23 hot 69 not Loser

Bobj ..........18 hot 74 not

There are now 16 entrants in the PIO UK Weather predictor league, theres 92 days in June, July and August, we have tried to predict the exact number of Hot sunny 23 degrees plus days and also the not hot days as well.

The forecast till Thursday the 30th of August
on this
on this weather map
UK weather forecast - Met Office
the figures quoted for this competition are from London.

Only
h
ot days so far,
not hot, i added it up wrong last time, lol. Latest update.
DOUBLE FIGURES AFTER 71 days.

Thats almost it, only 18 days of good weather so far, that's an abysmal return.

Isnt life so much better with some nice sustained hot sunny weather at last, that was two weeks ago, I was sat outside at the pub, sat in the garden, or going golfing in t shirts and shorts, it was short lived, but fantastic.

:wink:

1 day left and only 2 contestants still in it, fleabo and Bobj who is the favourite, it looks like crappo weather from now on. 18 sunny hot days out of 92 days of summer, what an abysmal summer, the only good thing about it, is that it was better than last year, lol.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
I've read in the papers that some places have had a months rain today. Not us, it's only started in the last 2hrs

Awful, a months rain in 2 hrs :-)

Actually sunny enough to have the roof down on the convertible cabriolet today.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

fleabo ........19 hot 73 not Loser

Bobj ..........18 hot 74 not CHAMPION

There were 16 entrants in the PIO UK Weather predictor league, theres 92 days in June, July and August, we have tried to predict the exact number of Hot sunny 23 degrees plus days and also the not hot days as well.

The forecast till Friday the 31st of August
on this
on this weather map

Only
h
ot days so far,

Isnt life so much better with some nice sustained hot sunny weather at last, that was two weeks ago, I was sat outside at the pub, sat in the garden, or going golfing in t shirts and shorts, it was short lived, but fantastic.

Bobj is the PIO weather predictor champion, he has lived in Australia for ...... Well ever, lol, yet he predicted a measly 18 sunny hot days out of 92 days of summer, which is really abysmal, the only good thing about it, is that it was better than last year, lol.

leaguecup.jpg

Bobj is the winner of the PIO weather predictor League Cup 2012

Better luck next year everyone.

Yeah yeah bullet head. Everyone knows your a coot. Just pack plenty of sun tan lotion for your Dewsbury Dome...Lol!!

On a more serious note however, 25 to 30 celcius with no cloud cover is very hot.

You wont get those temperatures all year round though unless your in the North. Perth, Sydney and Melbourne only have 3 months of the year when the average is in that range.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yeah yeah bullet head. Everyone knows your a coot. Just pack plenty of sun tan lotion for your Dewsbury Dome...Lol!!

On a more serious note however, 25 to 30 celcius with no cloud cover is very hot.

You wont get those temperatures all year round though unless your in the North. Perth, Sydney and Melbourne only have 3 months of the year when the average is in that range.

What are you on about, I have met loads of members on PIO and posted loads of photos, yer numpty ...... Let's see your proof, bald Rick, lol. I will wait with baited breadth, Crome Dome.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Congratulations Bobj on winning the contest! :notworthy:

Yes ..... Congratulations Bobj .... After 50 years in Oz he still managed to guess the correct number of hot sunny days, or ...... Lack of them, lol.

Unsettled weather over the Bank Holiday weekend has left many parts of the UK with heavy rain and even flood alerts.

But forecasters said September could give us something to be cheerful about before autumn sets in.

An area of high pressure is currently sitting out over the Atlantic, but is expected to move into the south of the UK by the end of the week.

That will force the low pressure currently causing wet and windy conditions to move away and the country should see temperatures rise as a result, at least for the first week of the month.

Sky Weather Presenter Jo Wheeler said: "There's no doubt the end of August is looking pretty dismal with a complex low system over the country now - and more unsettled weather to come this week.

"But there are good signs that high pressure will start to build over southern parts this coming weekend.

"That would bring some more settled, and hopefully sunny conditions to much of England and Wales.

"By Monday, we should be pulling in some warmth as well, which may have us a spell of weather, however brief, that looks a lot like summer as we know it."

Summer has again been a damp squib in the UK, with rainfall figures likely to be among the top five wettest on record.

This weekend saw the cancellation of Premier League football between Sunderland and Reading and the final day of the Creamfields festival in Warrington was cancelled after heavy rain left the site as a muddy swamp.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yeah yeah i'm a bullet head. Everyone knows i'm as bald as a coot. Just pack plenty of sun tan lotion for my Dewsbury Dome...Lol!!

Just had a pm from Mr NeyRebel, he has been struggling to download the picture I requested and he has asked me to do it for him, so here it is ....... I knew he was as bald as a Badgers boll@ck, lol

speedos.jpg

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Unsettled weather over the Bank Holiday weekend has left many parts of the UK with heavy rain and even flood alerts.

But forecasters said September could give us something to be cheerful about before autumn sets in.

An area of high pressure is currently sitting out over the Atlantic, but is expected to move into the south of the UK by the end of the week.

That will force the low pressure currently causing wet and windy conditions to move away and the country should see temperatures rise as a result, at least for the first week of the month.

Sky Weather Presenter Jo Wheeler said: "There's no doubt the end of August is looking pretty dismal with a complex low system over the country now - and more unsettled weather to come this week.

"But there are good signs that high pressure will start to build over southern parts this coming weekend.

"That would bring some more settled, and hopefully sunny conditions to much of England and Wales.

"By Monday, we should be pulling in some warmth as well, which may have us a spell of weather, however brief, that looks a lot like summer as we know it."

Summer has again been a damp squib in the UK, with rainfall figures likely to be among the top five wettest on record.

This weekend saw the cancellation of Premier League football between Sunderland and Reading and the final day of the Creamfields festival in Warrington was cancelled after heavy rain left the site as a muddy swamp.

Sadly next week is in to the Autumn months, just 18 days of sunny summer days out of 92 ...... Warra load of old sh7t, lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF

fleabo ........19 hot 73 not Loser

Bobj ..........18 hot 74 not CHAMPION

There were 16 entrants in the PIO UK Weather predictor league, theres 92 days in June, July and August, we have tried to predict the exact number of Hot sunny 23 degrees plus days and also the not hot days as well.

The forecast till Friday the 31st of August
on this
on this weather map

Only
h
ot days so far,

Bobj is the PIO weather predictor champion, he has lived in Australia for ...... Well ever, lol, yet he predicted a measly 18 sunny hot days out of 92 days of summer, which is really abysmal, the only good thing about it, is that it was better than last year, lol.

leaguecup.jpg

Bobj is the winner of the PIO weather predictor League Cup 2012

Better luck next year everyone.

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Crikey it's raining here again !!!!

I'm off to Turkey, apparently it's in the 30's there.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Crikey it's raining here again !!!!

I'm off to Turkey, apparently it's in the 30's there.

I fancy Turkey myself, two mates from work have apartments there, they swear by it. Have a great time, don't be scared ....... You will see a big warm yellow round thing in the sky which you might not have seen before, it's called ...... The Sun, lol

Raining here too... but....so what!

No one likes the rain. It's pretty pants when you have 2 kids and everything they want to do involves getting soaked! :-( Mountain bike stuck in the garage gathering dust, motorbike stuck in the garage gathering dust, golf clubs........ Yes you guessed it "stuck in the garage gathering dust". I suppose I could buy some vitamin D supplements, but it's much more fun in the sun :-)

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Cheers everyone for taking part, this thread has hit 1,000 posts and thousands of viewers, I will re-do it for next summer and leave the totals how they are, unless you want different ones, surely ..... Next years summer can't be as bad?

Archived