This may come as a surprise...

rahrah

Never thought I'd see the day LOL - When we visited first in May 2009 I thought the whole of Australia had seriously Mental Health issues, clad in Jeans and hoodies - I was swimming in the sea, running around in thongs and shorts..........and now look at me - Hoodie on, fleecy blanket and granny sock!!! Big Wuss Ex-Northern lot we are!!!

LOL, i remember laughing at hats and glooves in shops, now im the muppet thinking of buying them !!! and as much as i really dont want to be the bearer of bad news, July and August are normally the coldest, so dont go all out wrapping up just yet, save a layer,lol

Cal x

You get it a bit colder in springfield lakes than on the coast but I've gone to bed and shorts and tshirts are on along with the quilt cover ! I too used to laugh at the hats and coats ! My mrs has been back in the uk for two weeks and the first thing she did was buy a coat for her self and and a coat and shoes for the young fella . 18 months old and never needed shoes until now ! Still beautiful here in the day though .

Guest The Ropey HOFF
But Brrrr - I am SERIOUSLY freezing in QLD! How Quick you get acclimatised :embarrassed:

Has it hit minus 15 like it did here in Yorkshire, lol:shocked::cry::no:

I can't compete with you and your SHORTS!!!! I surely am a Wuss!!

I love Spring and autumn in the day - Nothing beats those clear Blue Skies and can live with 23 degrees - its the mornings/evenings (Forecast 3 degrees for here in Morning - eek) that I'll skip if thats OK :wink:

Aww I am sorry - I know I sound like I am taking the Mick -:embarrassed: but I do feel like I use to when I lived in good old cold, North West LOL ...but I think having the Central Heating on at 30 degrees helped.....and what I wouldn't do for an AIRING cupboard now - I would sleep in it :biglaugh:

Guest AKA63029

I know some won't believe this, BUT.

One of the coldest nights I remember was in Perth when I first arrived.

We had two duvets and several sheets on the bed.

Maybe it was because we were 'new' arrivals and it was a chilly July, by e by gum, it was 'FREEZING'.

i know what you mean it will be six months since I arrived in a couple of days and I find the cold hard to handle people think I have been here a lot longer.........

The main reason we didn't move to Wollongong was the wife said it was too cold in the winter ! I remember watching the socceroos on the big screen in darling harbour at 3 or 4 in the morning and my teeth were chattering and I had a fleece on !

I think I must be the odd one out! :wink:

Cold weather girl me.

Still miss the snow and crisp air were you can see your breath.

Not bothered by the chilly days here. Not broke out my big coats yet!

I would welcome back my radiators and double glazing though. Our house is so drafty! :yes:

Guest AKA63029
I think I must be the odd one out! :wink:

Cold weather girl me.

Still miss the snow and crisp air were you can see your breath.

Not bothered by the chilly days here. Not broke out my big coats yet!

I would welcome back my radiators and double glazing though. Our house is so drafty! :yes:

Believe it or not Munch I too like a 'cool' atmosphere.

Spent years in OZ and still to this day get wound up with the heat.

But it is Australia after all and to be expected.

It hit 18 here yesterday (sunny Hertford) and me and Ruth went for a walk down the river, and I said to her that this temp suits me fine.

Still love Australia but the heat at times can get me down, well at least when I DON'T have a fishing rod in my hand.:laugh:

I know some won't believe this, BUT.

One of the coldest nights I remember was in Perth when I first arrived.

We had two duvets and several sheets on the bed.

Maybe it was because we were 'new' arrivals and it was a chilly July, by e by gum, it was 'FREEZING'.

Oh yes, we had a couple of frosty mornings last winter.

I'm also known having to sleep with electric blanket and several hot water bottles... all at once :embarrassed:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Aww I am sorry - I know I sound like I am taking the Mick -:embarrassed: but I do feel like I use to when I lived in good old cold, North West LOL ...but I think having the Central Heating on at 30 degrees helped.....and what I wouldn't do for an AIRING cupboard now - I would sleep in it :biglaugh:

Buy some wooly knickers and long johns, lol.

Oh please stop it you lot. Your putting me off coming:swoon:. Ive already delayed my depature date. Should have been going end June but im letting OH go on his own and i will follow later. Want to enjoy any summer that we have here and maybe even sneak a ickle trip to Greece (cheap) but dont tell OH, shush:wink:

Nearly, Huffie...

Mackay Weather

rss_white_15x15.gif

21.14°S 149.19°E 20m AMSL

Mackay Forecast

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]This morning[/TH]

[TD=class: local_grad_tdb_10]13°C[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH]Today[/TH]

[TD=class: local_grad_tdb_20]24°C[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

sunny.gif

Now

9.2°C nav_trend_up.gif

Updated at 05:40 EST

Cheers, Bobj.

Where do you all live?!

Rahrah, are you near Brisbane? Time for me to consider Cairns or NT I guess..... I like it hot:cool:

The temps where we are now can also go to about +3 Celsius and thats far too cold for me:wink:

LOL, Myself and Rahrah are on the outskirts of Brisbane,lol,

i often laugh with hubby saying we will have to move higher up to combat the chilly winter,lol

Cal x