This may come as a surprise...

rahrah

Guest Ptp113
Wheres this mate? are you up that snowy mountain in Melbourne. lol?

Melbourne? No mate the less time there the better

But Brrrr - I am SERIOUSLY freezing in QLD! How Quick you get acclimatised :embarrassed:

Well atm I'm clad in shorts and t-shirts and am just about to go out in the canoe..............took me 17 yrs to get to this stage.................catchya later wuss :tongue::wink:

Feeling chilly here in Sydney. Once you get the electric blanket going and a couple of heaters it is OK in the house. I have drafty windows so have thick curtains for the night which help add 1-2 degrees. Lovely day so I am going outside for as long as possible!

I am feeling the chill today too ............. had to put on my big fluffy dressing gown this morning, currently wearing cut off Jean´s shorts and a shirt, me thinks my boots might get worn after all .............. :wink:

I get worried when I see electric blankets in the shops, I keep on wondering if they are all feel the cold here or that it does actually get cold, winter a cometh :dull::cry:

Guest GoldCoastMag

Well I keep trying to get the oh to put on more layers before reaching for the electric heater switch. Acclimatization does mean getting out the winter woollies and keeping some form of footwear on, but I do have the lekky blanket at the ready for the Really cold nights.

Guest orlaandjoe

I am ashamed to say I am now shivering in my house with a hoody on and it is 21 degrees!lol..moving from Ireland you would think I would be fine with this "cold" weather!:biggrin:

I had to get up last night and put socks on ! Then I committed the ultimate sin and wore them in the shop with thongs ! Boots are on now so bit of self respect back.

:biglaugh:

Socks and Thongs!!! - That conjures up a lovely image !!

Where do you all live?!

Rahrah, are you near Brisbane? Time for me to consider Cairns or NT I guess..... I like it hot:cool:

The temps where we are now can also go to about +3 Celsius and thats far too cold for me:wink:

Don't worry its only those first few hours in Morning and evenings - its currently 23 degrees and a beautiful Clear Blue Sky :biggrin:

- Just don't forget to pack those hoodies and blankets in that shipping and you'll do nicely!

Reckon I might go to bed in my work clothes tonight . Bit of saw dust and sand won't hurt , as long as I change the sheets by June the fifth when the mrs gets back . Nice and warm when I get up in the morning !

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It said on the news that it snowed on the hills in Yorkshire, its supposed to be the start of the UK summer, we need to stop using that word. Central heating on 9 months running.

It said on the news that it snowed on the hills in Yorkshire, its supposed to be the start of the UK summer, we need to stop using that word. Central heating on 9 months running.

It snowed today in Bradford and hailed a bit too! I was coming home from taking daughter to nursery, had no coat with hood on, and can't hold an umbrella while pushing the pushchair so I got absolutely soaked and frozen! Rotten chuffing weather.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
It snowed today in Bradford and hailed a bit too! I was coming home from taking daughter to nursery, had no coat with hood on, and can't hold an umbrella while pushing the pushchair so I got absolutely soaked and frozen! Rotten chuffing weather.

​Don't worry, winters around the corner, lol

Archived