IELTS Results for 21st April Test

aduffield76

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i see, i have read through on the OET website and have got a rough idea of the format......

so in the speaking module we get tested one to one then in a group discussion??

is the nursing bit specific to the speciality or its all General nursing stuff ? am a MH nurse only and my knowledge on general nursing is very limited :-)

Well, in 2002 it was like this:

speaking test 1:1, you and instructor. They give you a topic and you have 2 minutes to think about it. When you`re ready they start taping. the instructor was very helpful when I got stuck:biggrin:

They don`t test the in-depth nursing knowledge, certain other specialties apart from doctors and nurses take OET too. On mine there was the MH part on listening, it was fine.

And yes, as Heather said, unfortunately it won`t count as extra points for DIAC.

just be careful, you can't use oet for extra visa points...

Thanx Heather, my IELTS or OET is for nurse reg coz i am not a citizen of the exempt countries even though i did my A levels, Nurse Diploma and currently doing my degree in the UK and come from an ex British Colony country my English is not good enough and need to do these silly test to register as a nurse with AHPRA..... its sucks....

am planing to go n 457 visa will sort out PR onshore :-)

Awaiting oh's result we've checked all day and no results, it's now after 6 so I suppose they won't be online. Wonder if they're posted first class and will come tomorrow? It's gonna kill us to have to wait until Tuesday with it being a bank holiday!

Awaiting oh's result we've checked all day and no results, it's now after 6 so I suppose they won't be online. Wonder if they're posted first class and will come tomorrow? It's gonna kill us to have to wait until Tuesday with it being a bank holiday!

they should be posted first class i think i was told to come and collect mine before 12midday coz after that they will be posted first class....

well thats well unfair !!! well bloody done though 82, that is great news, so why havent we got any then online what the hell is going on !

x

thanks:-),i believe the Brighton and Eastbourne test results were on line. I went on the web site of the college i attended if that helps. I know the pain of waiting though,that was the longest 13 days if my life and all i could think was....i should have written this or that or shall i book another test up just incase.Thank gawd this bit's over!!! Hope you get the results soon....it's a pain for sure!

My husband took his in Wrexham too! He spent too much time on task 1 in writing though and only did about 210 in task 2, he seemed ok on everything else but expecting the worst really, don't know how much the penalty will be for that. How do you think you got on?

Mine arrived on the Saturday morning.

I don't know really, I never counted the words but I filled the pages so I think I might be ok, it's the speaking that got me....my mind went blank and just talked a load of rubbish..lol. I need a 7 across the lot so I might just squeeze it. The examiner in my speaking test was a real snob which put me off a bit:arghh:

Does anyone know if Bath Uni post the results online?

I don't think Bath do. I did mine there on the 21st but mine not on either. When I explored the site there was a list of centres you could apply to and Bath wasn't on the list. So looks like we've got to wait for post to come :eek:

Guest andyNnat

gutted only i only got overall 7

the two i thought i did well listening and reading were my lowest scores 6.5 and 6.0

oh well second test booked for 12th may manchester i will have to revise now wish id revised before now!

well done to you all that did well :cool:

gutted only i only got overall 7

the two i thought i did well listening and reading were my lowest scores 6.5 and 6.0

oh well second test booked for 12th may manchester i will have to revise now wish id revised before now!

well done to you all that did well :cool:

oh am feeling on this one.....hope its 3rd time lucky for you ....

Well, in 2002 it was like this:

speaking test 1:1, you and instructor. They give you a topic and you have 2 minutes to think about it. When you`re ready they start taping. the instructor was very helpful when I got stuck:biggrin:

They don`t test the in-depth nursing knowledge, certain other specialties apart from doctors and nurses take OET too. On mine there was the MH part on listening, it was fine.

And yes, as Heather said, unfortunately it won`t count as extra points for DIAC.

oh thats good, will practice practice and hopefully remember am not going for a job interview...lol

Hi, gosh ste5hk that is torture, Bank holiday as well. We have never wanted days go by so fast since we started the application, waiting for vetassess and dreaded IELTS. My hubby sat his second time round on 21st april, he thought he had done well but scraped by with 7.5 7 7 9 overall 7.5. He struggled on 1st test and got 9 6 8.5 8.5 overall 8.5 which he was pleased with except the 6 on reading. We need 7 in each section, thank god he got them second time round, if only people could just sit the section they fail in, it would be so less stressful. The money didnt bother us but the time schedule and stress of sitting again was awful in our household.

Good luck for those people waiting.

Louise

Hi Louise, I know it's bad!! I need a 7 across for the 10 points too. Your husband done well in his first one, I think they should take the average score because the majority of people have'nt sat an exam for years I know I have'nt and I was stressed out! I'm waiting on my Vetassess aswell.

Glad he passed anyway and you've submitted your SS.

Ste

I gave up trying to get my results online at 23:30 last night! Mrs postman arrived this morning (sat).

I can't believe my scores. Not bad for a scouser!

Listening 8.5, Reading 9.0, Writing 8.5, Speaking 8.5. Overall 8.5.

How a got 8.5 for my essay, I've no idea. Not complaining!

Coastie.

Archived