IELTS Results for 21st April Test

aduffield76

:em4600: listening 9

reading 8.5

Writing 7

SPEAKING 6.5 @#$%^&*

overall 8

need 7 for all. fed up with results.............

Bleeding hell.......unlucky!! My hubbys going for his test nxt week and the speaking is the one he`s dreading because he`s a very quiet type:dull:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The results will be shown from 6pm on the 13th day after the test. So have to wait a few houres more.

Im also waiting. Could not sleep last night. Its my second test as well and had dreams about failing it again by 0.5 points in one section.

Good luck to everyone!!

Does anyone know if Bath Uni post the results online?

No clue I'm afraid

It seems some people have their results already online, others think they don't get published till 6pm.

I'll keep trying online until tomorrow when the post man turns up :)

I looked on-line today for the results from the Brighton test on the 21st and they were on there around 10 this morning. Got a 7.5,9.0,8.5,9.0...well chuffed with that:-).not sure when I get the postal conformation though,lets just hope it's the same!!

Got mine this AM from Uni of Notts, i knew i did not do well but not this bad... :arghh:

Listening : 7,5 (same as before)

Speaking: 7,5 (same as before)

Writing: 7 (before got 6,5)

Reading : 6 (before got 6,5 :mad:

it seems so near yet so far away.....

Booking OET for July... i cant be asked with this stupid IELTS at least with OET i carry forward what i pass..... @ Maruska send us the OET tips and reading materials :-)

Got mine this AM from Uni of Notts, i knew i did not do well but not this bad... :arghh:

Listening : 7,5 (same as before)

Speaking: 7,5 (same as before)

Writing: 7 (before got 6,5)

Reading : 6 (before got 6,5 :mad:

it seems so near yet so far away.....

Booking OET for July... i cant be asked with this stupid IELTS at least with OET i carry forward what i pass..... @ Maruska send us the OET tips and reading materials :-)

Sorry to hear that:confused:

The OET has 4 components just like the IELTS but they are all profession oriented ( healthcare). I did mine a while back in 2002 with no reading materials, not sure if there are any available. Listening was about Aboriginal mental health, writing was a report/endorsement of a patient to another nurse ( nice report, meaning writing someone in a different city, not like our end-of-shift report:wink:

). Speaking was a conversation between me as a person who is trying to do what`s best for a patient and patient`s son ( instructor) who has difficulty caring for patient at home. All familiar topics really ( apart from the mental health for me:wink:).

The people taking the exam in my group were nurses, dentist, X ray techs and a social worker. It was definitelly easier than IELTS.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, you`ll do fine after all that practicing ( IELTS):biggrin:

The OET has 4 components just like the IELTS but they are all profession oriented ( healthcare). I did mine a while back in 2002 with no reading materials, not sure if there are any available. Listening was about Aboriginal mental health, writing was a report/endorsement of a patient to another nurse ( nice report, meaning writing someone in a different city, not like our end-of-shift report:wink:

). Speaking was a conversation between me as a person who is trying to do what`s best for a patient and patient`s son ( instructor) who has difficulty caring for patient at home. All familiar topics really ( apart from the mental health for me:wink:).

The people taking the exam in my group were nurses, dentist, X ray techs and a social worker. It was definitelly easier than IELTS.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, you`ll do fine after all that practicing ( IELTS):biggrin:

just be careful, you can't use oet for extra visa points...

i see, i have read through on the OET website and have got a rough idea of the format......

so in the speaking module we get tested one to one then in a group discussion??

is the nursing bit specific to the speciality or its all General nursing stuff ? am a MH nurse only and my knowledge on general nursing is very limited :-)

Archived