Husband in London for vetassess practical.....

Loulouhew

Hubby just phoned to say he has just finished his brickwork practical in London. What a relief!!!!

He said it went really well and we should get the results in 10 days.

Good luck to everyone who done there test today!!!!

Guest david wise

I was very nervous at mine they soon put me at ease and it was a good experience,hope all goes well i'm sure it all the best in getting your visa

finally got a phone call!!!

he thinks it went well, said the assessor was really helpful too. And she said to him when he was leaving ' dont forget to send me a postcard when you get there' hopefully she wasnt just building his hopes up ...

louise

Hi Loulou!

Great news about yout your OH!! It would be very cruel of the assessor to say that if he hadn't passed so its sounds very positive for you guys!!

We can't afford to fail at $1500 a go!!

My husband is also an electrician and wanted to get on yesterdays practical but it was fully booked.

He has his on 19th May and is very nervous.

Can you ask your hubby if he has any tips or advice.

My hubby has bought a book to swat up on the formulas etc. - how tricky is the multiple choice and what things would he suggest he learns for sure?

Hope you don't mind us asking.

Whats next on the agenda for you guys?

The Fowlers

You'll be fine guys

im a plumber ( obviously the top trade) !!!! If you know you stuff you'll be fine.

its basic every day work , just to stop the chancers.

i got my results in about 10 days ( keep checking your vetassess account) and certificate that you need for state sponsorship takes about 3 weeks , as with modern technology they can't scan and e mail , they POST it

it becomes a long wait as you can't apply without it

Good luck

Ian

Hi Loulou!

Great news about yout your OH!! It would be very cruel of the assessor to say that if he hadn't passed so its sounds very positive for you guys!!

We can't afford to fail at $1500 a go!!

My husband is also an electrician and wanted to get on yesterdays practical but it was fully booked.

He has his on 19th May and is very nervous.

Can you ask your hubby if he has any tips or advice.

My hubby has bought a book to swat up on the formulas etc. - how tricky is the multiple choice and what things would he suggest he learns for sure?

Hope you don't mind us asking.

Whats next on the agenda for you guys?

The Fowlers

Please don't panic, there not there to catch you out just to make sure you are what it says on the tin.

i had level 1 with my paperwork and when it came to the questions the assessor went through the pages and ticked 85% of the questions without even asking me. The ones he did ask if your not sure you could see he answers underneath .

I was finished by 2 pm and that's with a hour break

basically it's another way of taking your money, it's a shame this country doesn't go so in depth with immigrants

Good luck

Ian

Hi the fowlers! Don't mind you asking at all, that's what great about these forums.

Have asked him to write out what he had to do today whilst it's fresh in his mind , so will post for you later!! He did say the mutiple choice questions were harder than he expected ,lots on resistance calculations so glad he revised on those! We are applying for 176 visa so on a tight deadline to get in before 1st July fingers crossed....and then hopefully heading to Perth.

Your right Ian the assessor was very helpful, but didn't tick the questions for him!, lol!, there were about 6 electrcians there yesterday he finished by about 4pm

Louise

My husband did his bricklaying yesterday too, was a bit thrown with the health and safety questions as it relates to site work and he does listed building work and renovations, he was also given extra paper work with questions about arch formers and more detailed work when he questioned it the assessor said "oh your not to suppose to have that!" by then he was quite stressed and had waisted a lot of time, so even though the practical went well hes not convinced on the paperwork :(

Hi Sharon, I was there yesterday too. The impression I got from the assessor was that it was very rare for someone to fail. They know you're paying a lot of money for the test so I wouldn't worry too much, he'll be fine.

Ste

Hi Ian

You're right about the waiting, its crazy isn't it.

When you say 3 weeks for certificate is that 3 weeks after your test or after the results show online?

I Just don't think we're gonna make it in time for 1st July ased on that.

You've got in in the nick of tie haven't you?

Our agents have slowed us down immensely and looks like might cost us this cut off date. Gutted!

Thanks for sharing your experience - we all seem to grasp onto any info we can!!

Thanks Louise

We're in the same boat but I've heard that as long as you get your WA state sponsorship then you will get an automatic invite to apply for visa even if after 1st July. Same applies to Victoria but we want to go to NSW and it doens't mention this on their website so have emailed them to find out if its the same for them. If not we will be on the EOI waiting list Good luck for yours, I think you'll be fine.

Hubby will be pleased about assessors being helpful and even more so if they tick the answers for him, lol!!

I will watch this space for your hubbys helpful outline of his day!

Thanks

The Fowler Family.

We are looking at South Australia for SS. On their website it says you can apply online and then from that date they give you 30 days for you to send all your docs to Australia. They do have a cut off date for applications on 25th May. We are waiting to get or results online from Vetassess, then we are going to apply for SS (prob next week).

This gives us enough time to get all docs sent out in time.

Hi Ste5hk

NSW just emailed me saying there is no cut off date for them as yet.

Yo say you are submitng your SA SS prior to receiving your certificate from Vetassess?

Don't you have to send the actual certificate at time of application?

If not that will help timewise but from what I've read you need i first?

Thanks

Fowler Family

Hi to the Fowler Family

From what I have read on SA Migration website I have 30 days to send my Vetassess certificate and all other documents once I apply online for SS.

We should get our results within 10 days of the test date on the Vetassess website then the paperwork should follow within a couple of weeeks.

As you say its all about the timing at the moment!!!!

I hate waiting!!!!

Archived