Husband in London for vetassess practical.....

Loulouhew

Hi to the Fowler Family

From what I have read on SA Migration website I have 30 days to send my Vetassess certificate and all other documents once I apply online for SS.

We should get our results within 10 days of the test date on the Vetassess website then the paperwork should follow within a couple of weeeks.

As you say its all about the timing at the moment!!!!

I hate waiting!!!!

Hi, I got my vetasses results back after 20 days but had to wait 3 weeks for certificate to lodge WA SS

Guest david wise

You'll be fine Sharon did mine last year it's just as Ste5k say's you'll soon have your pass cert

Dave&Chloe

Hi i checked hubbys vetassess appln and its says successful but not had email or letter yet

Louise

Don't worry that's the norm.

it takes about 3 weeks from your successful post to receiving the certificate.

i was getting concerned about it with mine, but our agent said its the norm as they post it, why that can't scan it for SS I'll never know.

Good luck, your almost there

Ian

My hubby has just passed his practical :biggrin: Just waiting on the postman now to bring his IELTS results, its been a long weekend, we should have found out last Friday. I think this is going to be be a good day!!!!!!

Well done to your hubby Ste5hk!!!

Thats great news!!! :wink:

I emailed vetassess asking if we could pay extra to have the cerificate posted by courier and they said;

"VETASSESS may email you once results are completed with no extra charge but if you would like the results to be posted via registered post a fee will incur. Please refer to the below information: AUS $50.15

Have you had your certificate emailed to you? I have asked if this would be in a format that we could use for state sponsorship.

Fowler Family

Hi Louise

Great news that your hubby has passed vetassess!!!

I have emailed them to ask if I could pay extra to get the certificate sent by courier and they said they could for $50.15 bu that they could email for no extra charge. Have you had your hubbys certificate emailed?

I have asked if this would be sufficient to use for state sponsorship application so awaiting their response!

Time is ticking!!! :confused:

Are you applying for state sponsorship?

My hubby has IELTS to do too!

Fowler Family

Hi Fowler Family!

Thank you it is a relief !

I emailed asking if they could fax response to me which they did and in the email reply was a colour attachment with the letter .I have today uploaded this to apply for state sponsorship as to me it looks the same as what we will receive in the post....

Hubby did IELTS last sept thankfully and got the points he needed!!

When is your OH doing his ?.

Louise

My hubby has just passed his practical :biggrin: Just waiting on the postman now to bring his IELTS results, its been a long weekend, we should have found out last Friday. I think this is going to be be a good day!!!!!!

well done to you, have you the ielts results yet?, my OH passed practical too ... yay... but didnt get the 8`s for ielts...boo :(

he wotn sit it again so we are now looking into employer sponsorship, think the road ahead may be long!!!

congrats to all, i passed vettasses feb 2011 got my visa sept 2011, we arrived in perth 30th march and i got a job after 6 days but i couldn,t start till monday 7th may and even now i shouldn't be working in my trade, the reason being is i am waiting to do my restricted electrical licence, i am an air con engineer, the reason i'm posting is because like so many people i thought once you pass the uk vettasses you can come to oz on your 176 and work, how wrong i was, i spoke to TRA when i arrived in perth and they told me the vettasse cert does not allow you to work in oz, any electrical trade will need to apply to energy safety for a permit to apply for an electrical licence, my permit took 4 weeks and then you have to enrol at the polytechnic for your licence, they will relieve you of nigh on a thousand dollars for the pleasure, the licence from energy safety is another $400, on top of that you need to live, this will set you back at around $1000 a week. it is everything we wanted and more but just be prepeared for people not returning calls and playing the waiting game. really sorry to be doom & gloom, but i;m only speaking from my experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Louise

Sorry not seen your post before now!

Oh thats good, I won't pay the $50 if they will email to us.

My hubby has his practical today in London!

He travelled down yesterday. I've been up since 5.a.m with nerves for him - just how you were a few weeks ago, lol!

Hubby has been very very stressed about it all this week. He knows his stuff but can sometimes crumble under the pressure of exams so I keep tellling him to read the tradeassess notes which state 'it is not a test but a time for you to demonstrate your skills'!!!

No pressure about the cost of practical or the fact that us getting into oz depends on this lol!!

Will let you know how he gets on....today is going to be a loong day waiting for that phonecall!!

Have you submitted your visa application now?

I'm gutted we're going to miss 1st July deadline.

Who knows what will happen and how long it will take :confused:

Just got text from hubby......he is sat in exam room and says the exam sounds tough! Poor thing, but I know he can do it.

So nervous for him!

Archived