I've just told work I'm off to Oz!

LilMe1

I have finally been able to tell management and my team at work that I'm emigrating to Oz in the near future. I've been fit to burst over the last few weeks, so now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I have a great sense of relief that everything is out in the open. It's bloomin' marvelous! All I have to do now is started the countdown to my departure ... which is 74 days and counting! - Happy days! :jiggy:

I have finally been able to tell management and my team at work that I'm emigrating to Oz in the near future. I've been fit to burst over the last few weeks, so now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I have a great sense of relief that everything is out in the open. It's bloomin' marvelous! All I have to do now is started the countdown to my departure ... which is 74 days and counting! - Happy days! :jiggy:

I remember it well, good luck with the move :biggrin:

I know exactly how you feel - was planning to hand in 3 months notice on Monday (30th April) but just found out my boss won't be in until Wednesday which has scuppered my plan. What's the etiquette on resigning by e-mail? 105 days and counting.

Blimey !!! I have just handed my resignation in today, boss isn't back in till Monday, but dated from today, spoke to HR, and the other team leader. Three months and count down!!! Visa due at the end of July so timing should be spot on, keeping my fingers crossed!!!!! Big relief was so nervous, but have already spoken to them prior to today so there were no nasty surprises, should sleep tonight :jiggy:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Must be a great day giving your notice at work to move down under to the land of plenty,all the best.

Mine is 95 days!!! isn't it great!!! :biggrin:

Archived