Open viewing

Guest The Thomsons

Guest The Thomsons

I have just spoken to our EA and dropped the house price by 15k. He is going to do a promotional thing for us in the local paper, and we are having an open viewing on 29/03/08. Will let you all know if it works as I know loads of you are having the same problem.

I have just spoken to our EA and dropped the house price by 15k. He is going to do a promotional thing for us in the local paper, and we are having an open viewing on 29/03/08. Will let you all know if it works as I know loads of you are having the same problem.

Hi, i really hope you have more luck than we did. 2 open viewings.......not a single person came!!!!!!

UK Estate agents with homes, houses & property for sale on rightmove.co.uk

Hi paulhug,

I had a lookie at your house - its gorgeous with a cap G - didnt know that they do open houses in the uk now is that a new thing ??

Every weekend there are loads of open houses here in oz and heaps of peeps turn up for a good nose (yep you got it us too - but we taking our time and trying to get heaps of ideas to build)

Good luck with your open day - its a lucky day for me my 2nd daughters 18th birthday so hope its a lucky day for you too

gizmo

Hi paulhug,

I had a lookie at your house - its gorgeous with a cap G - didnt know that they do open houses in the uk now is that a new thing ??

Every weekend there are loads of open houses here in oz and heaps of peeps turn up for a good nose (yep you got it us too - but we taking our time and trying to get heaps of ideas to build)

Good luck with your open day - its a lucky day for me my 2nd daughters 18th birthday so hope its a lucky day for you too

gizmo

Thanks gizmo, open houses are not relly that common here but i just thought it might be another way of getting people round to view.

Guest The Thomsons

Hi paulhug,

Bit gutted that the open viewing didn't work for you, but I'm trying to remain optimistic! At least the house will be tidy that weekend anyway.:biglaugh:

I was hoping to show our house like everyone else has done but I'm too thick to work it out!! How humiliating...........

Good Luck with the open house, hope it sells for you, so fingers and everything else crossed!!!!

If you want to show your house, just go onto your rightmove link and then copy and paste it onto your poms in oz thread. Right click on your mouse gives you the copy option forgive me if you already know that lol

Good luck anyway

Guest Clare Pickersgill

Good luck with the open house I hope it goes well for u, I would love to get feedback as putting mine up for sale on tue and need all the tricks in the book!!!!!!!!!

Clare P x

Guest Les & Woz

Hi

Be interested to hear how you get on. Our house not even on the market yet and already reading how tough it is for most to sell their houses are not looking forward to it. We are gonna try and sell without using an agent initially as don't want to pay the extortionate fees.

Lots of luck !

Les x:v_SPIN:

Les,

It's the worst property market in 25 years take it from me an agent of 20 years. Fees are less than they will be in Aus and thats just why i'm going cos uk Estate Agency does not pay. Many local firms are going bust and my salary has gone down by 1/2 in the last six months. Fees in the UK are the lowest in the world. (we all know how they moan about petrol costs in OZ despite theirs being vastly lower than UK) well the same is true here with EA costs.

Thank the lord I have sold and can go at the end of May because the market is in meltdown.

DO NOT SELL PRIVATELY you will put your limited chances of selling using an agent ,down to nothing if you go it alone!

I hope this is friendly advice, good luck!

Guest The Thomsons

Thank everyone for you best wishes. I will let you know how the open viewing goes but feeling less optimistic by the day. At least we do hear on this site about folks achieving a sale every now and then, so it does happen!

Guest Les & Woz
Thank everyone for you best wishes. I will let you know how the open viewing goes but feeling less optimistic by the day. At least we do hear on this site about folks achieving a sale every now and then, so it does happen!

Hi

We are planning on putting our house on market in April/May. We are going to try and sell ourselves initially to save the extortionate estate agents fees. We are also planning to have an open day. Perhaps this will be the way forward for the UK, it seems to work well in Australia and it saves keep cleaning the house from top to bottom every 5 mins!

Have fingers and toes crossed for you - keep positive YOU WILL SELL !!!!!!!:yes:

Best wishes.

Les

Guest The Thomsons

Hi Les,

Don't blame you for trying to get out of estate agents fees!

I was hoping that we would be inundated with viewers over the easter period, but still waiting for the phone to ring!

I'm really looking forward to our open viewing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that no one will turn up...

Well apparently the thing to do is to get a statue of St Joseph and bury it in your front yard - I kid you not! On another board I visit, some folk, in desperation, have tried it with some success. Not being the superstitious type I do wonder about it but - hey - you need to pull out all stops!!!!

Guest Les & Woz
Hi Les,

Don't blame you for trying to get out of estate agents fees!

I was hoping that we would be inundated with viewers over the easter period, but still waiting for the phone to ring!

I'm really looking forward to our open viewing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that no one will turn up...

Hi there

Lots of luck with the open viewing, I am sure someone will turn up - you only need one to buy it!

We may do that as can't be bothered to keep clearing up every time someone wants to come and look.

Les:nah:

Archived