Australian Dollar and the Pound

DivingMissDaisy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snap, i don't know if the rate will get much better than this.....its tempting

Short term, it's a very volatile world. Best tossing a coin. Long term, until somthing changes the current trends, the pound will only get stronger. Can you set up an account and set a transfer to occur should a certain value be hit?

Short term, it's a very volatile world. Best tossing a coin. Long term, until somthing changes the current trends, the pound will only get stronger. Can you set up an account and set a transfer to occur should a certain value be hit?

I have an account ready and waiting. This time last year I thought if i could get a rate of 2.0 that would be very good, now I'm wondering if 2.3 is possible!

2.6 would be amazing....but can't see it happening.

I'd be very happy with 2.3

2.6 is the point when moving back to Australia becomes a possibility. My lost life insurance will be offset by the power of my pounds. Obviously that does sway my optimism. And I'm certainly no financial expert. But would not be surprised if we see 2.6 breached in 2016. UK has yet to raise rates. US is about to raise rates. Australia is looking vulnerable because of south east Asia links.

If I was a betting man...

I think you are absolutely right.

"UK has yet to raise rates. US is about to raise rates. Australia is looking vulnerable because of south east Asia links"

If Australian were to cut rates as well, which is a possibility if the economy continues to do badly, and if one other thing were to happen (!!) - perhaps a really negative global warming report - than I think you will get your wish.

Guest xmas lights
2.6 is the point when moving back to Australia becomes a possibility. My lost life insurance will be offset by the power of my pounds. Obviously that does sway my optimism. And I'm certainly no financial expert. But would not be surprised if we see 2.6 breached in 2016. UK has yet to raise rates. US is about to raise rates. Australia is looking vulnerable because of south east Asia links.

If I was a betting man...

2.6 not a chance/prayer. The UK economy can only spin the plates for so long before things turn pear shaped.

I don't think you will see 2.6 in the nest couple of years... I don't think the fundamentals support this.... you would need to UK economy to continue to prosper, interest rates to rise sooner rather than later and at the same time, AUS economy to further stall and interest rates to be cut.... Feel's a little too optimistic, as much as I would like it to happen

Guest xmas lights
The gloves are off...... I suspect people coming over at 1.4 thought 2.2. was a bit of a fantasy too.

1.4 was as daft as nearly 3.

The only way 2.6 would happen would be for Oz to wake up and get involved in the currency war and really go for a de-valuation.

Guest xmas lights

The US dollar is getting smacked tonight against the OZ dollar. No rate rise is U.S tonight may have implications on next RBA decision. Yanks bottled it in plain talk :-)

The US dollar is getting smacked tonight against the OZ dollar. No rate rise is U.S tonight may have implications on next RBA decision. Yanks bottled it in plain talk :-)

Instead of setting the policy the Fed decided to watch, wait and then follow. This will influence the BofE too when they review interest rates in the coing months. Near zero interest rates for 7 years has got to be a recipe for problems further down the line with zero encouragement for savers and encouraging excessive borrowing.

Instead of setting the policy the Fed decided to watch, wait and then follow. This will influence the BofE too when they review interest rates in the coing months. Near zero interest rates for 7 years has got to be a recipe for problems further down the line with zero encouragement for savers and encouraging excessive borrowing.

Sorry to sound like a muppet, but what does that mean please? I am still learning all about these things. Cheers